• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoshTheArgonian

First: I play on PS3. They musta nerfed sneak or something I swear, a little background; I play an Argonian assassin/thief/all round sneaky character, I have 2/5 in the initial sneak perk, and everything else except for shadow warrior taken I been playing Skyrim for about a year this is a new character and I'm level 44 and 100 sneak. So right now I'm on the main story line in the dwarf ruins going for the elder scroll, the Falmer are blind yeah? So why are they seeing me, going from full hidden in a dark corner, firing one arrow(Which isn't even doing much damage to them in the first place) to fully detected even after I turn a corner, and I don't mean like 2 seconds later I mean I'm already going back into hiding as the arrow is flying into their backs, and they're seeing me. Armor wise I have Nightingale boots, nightingale chest, Gauntlets of the old ones and the ancient shrouded hood, with a nightingale bow and ebony arrows.

As for archery I have that at 100 as well and 4/5 in the initial perk that increases damage from bows, aswell as bullseye perk and all other perks (1/2 in steady shot) on experkt difficulty my shots are hardly doing damage some times, and absurd damage others (Going from 1 shotting a gloomlurker to getting instantly detected by another and only doing 1/3rd of the damage I did last time, and others time when I get the little kill cam, nothing happens I see my character he fires his shot and it does no damage, all it's doing is proccing Bullseye and paralyzing the target, which as soon as theyre paralyzed they detect me.

And sometimes my arrows just dissapear, firing it, hearing it fire, seeing it fly towards the enemy, and go through them doing 0 damage, and alerting them of my presence. Like holy hell dude, it feels good to type it out instead of yelling at the game. And also, I didnt mention before, enemies are having the same problem I am, doign absurd damage, then doing nothing to me, it's so frustrating, I seen them hitting me for half health, to bring me down to death range, to barely hruting me at all, playing on expert and master, switching it up in different situations.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Not to make light of your grievances, but it does appear you have shown us a silver lining (albeit a small one) in that the enemy appears to miss you about as often as you miss them!

I applaud you for the patience it must require to play a stealthy class....I would so fail at that undertaking.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
First of all, I'd like to point out that stealthy =/= slow. I played a thief/assassin character up to level 72 and after a certain point she'd move across the battlefield like an invisible plague that consumed everything it touched.

I experimented with several types of builds, and it boiled down to something like this:

High archery skill to remove enemies from fights before you even enter them, or to kill an enemy who is guarding the only point of entry into a complex, or to move the attention of foes to a certain direction for any purpose you can muster (to get them away from a door, or to clump them together in darkness so you can pick them off).

Illusion magic for true invisibility when it is necessary. Try as hard as you want, you aren't going to get that "ghost" effect during infiltration if you don't pick up the best form of stealth in the game. All of your other stealth skills assist in using illusion, they aren't exclusive, but completely compliment each other on every level, so I'd use that always.

Pick up shadow warrior, because holy crap, it is EASILY the BEST skill a stealth character can pick up, bar none. NOTHING can defeat a high level, dagger wielding, backstabbing shadow warrior character in close quarters, I don't care how many guys you are facing, you are going to have a very intense, very fun and cool battle where you vanish and reappear to take a life, and then fade back into the shadows to choose your next victim while everyone runs around in terror looking for a vengeful phantom.

If you build, practice, and equip your stealth character right, you can cruise through buildings and through battles like an unstoppable force, with no immovable object in sight. I'd say that a well built stealth character is easily the most powerful character in the game.

And keep in mind that with a high sneak skill and enough perks, shadow warrior will literally make you vanish in the middle of combat and your enemies will completely lose sight of you, allowing you to regain your stealth advantage. Even in broad daylight, illusion magic will still let you fight this way, which works as well for brightly lit rooms full of guards or other possible hostiles.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer

JoshTheArgonian

Another problem I just realized, with the Bullseye perk, whenever the paralysis procs, I get instantly detected, and everything in the area is also searching for me. Even if they're paralyzed with their back turbned I'm being seen, and it's not a problem with more than 1 in the area, it's one target, back turned, seeing me because I paralyzed them, it's happened so many times right now, it's hagravens, guards, dragur, it's making the game unplayable, I'm not health focused, I've put probably 10 points into my health I die easy. When I made the character I had no problems, I just came back to Skyrim and it feels broken, I didn't tink the health was worth it since 90% of time I wasnt being seen at all, and they died before they could even touch me. Now I'm being forced to basically shoot everything in point blank range while they hit me in the face with axes and swords and the such.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Not to make light of your grievances, but it does appear you have shown us a silver lining (albeit a small one) in that the enemy appears to miss you about as often as you miss them!

I applaud you for the patience it must require to play a stealthy class....I would so fail at that undertaking.

I find it satisfying to play a sneak character. But that might just be the Assassin's Creed nerd in me.

Being able to sit in the shadows watching my enemies without them knowing I'm there is awesome. You should try it.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
I find it satisfying to play a sneak character. But that might just be the Assassin's Creed nerd in me.

Being able to sit in the shadows watching my enemies without them knowing I'm there is awesome. You should try it.

I think really the worst thing about stealth characters is that they are very difficult to raise up to get exactly the right perks needed to become super duper fun.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
That's the part where you level your combat and magic skills then.

What I mean is that while most other builds feel more "learn as you go", a powerful stealth type takes careful preparation.

It's very worth it in my opinion, as I don't feel there's a playstyle that's nearly as fun and epic as a pro-assassin type character, but it's still a more challenging goal to reach than the others.

daTomoT

I am the Listener..of your screams.
Falmer are incredibly annoying, but they have frickin' ninja hearing skills.

JoeReese

At 40something level, though, you should have pretty decent smithing/enchanting skill levels, even if you didn't take any perks. Enchant some smithing gear, buy blacksmith's elixir and enchanter's elixir, and take a smithed-to-the-max weapon up to a higher level by giving it flame, shock, or frost damage. Enchant your bows too, and poison them so your first arrow does more.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
At 40something level, though, you should have pretty decent smithing/enchanting skill levels, even if you didn't take any perks. Enchant some smithing gear, buy blacksmith's elixir and enchanter's elixir, and take a smithed-to-the-max weapon up to a higher level by giving it flame, shock, or frost damage. Enchant your bows too, and poison them so your first arrow does more.

Saying pretty decent is like saying extra medium.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts