• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KritikalPT

well it would rebuild as soon as you leave the area so when you return it would be back

What's the point of that, then? You spend 30 minutes making sure a house doesn't exist anymore, you leave the area, and when you return all the hard work you've done has been for naught.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
more realistic cart physics. i was in dawnstar, trying to get in a empty cabbage cart. once i got in, it should have rolled into the water and acted like a boat. it just flew to the left and damaged my health.

osheao

more realistic cart physics. i was in dawnstar, trying to get in a empty cabbage cart. once i got in, it should have rolled into the water and acted like a boat. it just flew to the left and damaged my health.

it's funny you bring up carts, cuz, right now in my strict rp i have to imagine that i buy a cart to load up all my loot.

when can we actually have carts/wagons be part of the game?

i get tired of having to imagine everything in my mind, instead, of actually having these roleplay aspects be a regular part of the gameplay mechanics.

Docta Corvina

^ I actually have long been thinking that Skyrim Kart/Elder Scrolls Kart or something like it would be amazing. I say this knowing full well how utterly unlikely such a thing is, mind you. I just think that being able to witness Tullius and Ulfric in little carts throwing dragon bones and sweet rolls at each other would be worth every pretty penny.

El Fonz0

^ I actually have long been thinking that Skyrim Kart or something like it would be amazing. I say this knowing full well how utterly unlikely such a thing is, mind you. I just think that being able to witness Tullius and Ulfric in little carts throwing dragon bones and sweet rolls at each other would be worth every pretty penny.
What about Alduin chasing Delphine with dragon soul bombs(koopa shells)?

When one plays Assassin's Creed, one does not just look at a building without thinking "Can I climb that?".

So, the ability to climb stuff, I guess.

Oh yeah, cities that are a part of the world. So I don't have to go through a load screen to visit Whiterun.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
When one plays Assassin's Creed, one does not just look at a building without thinking "Can I climb that?".

Oh yeah, cities that are a part of the world. So I don't have to go through a load screen to visit Whiterun.

Indeed. Then playing as a Khajit would be some much better.

Diisk

A dart gun, puts people to sleep. Counts as a poison. So characters with poison resistance will not be affected.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master

It's too bad the buildings of Skyrim don't have extremely convenient handholds like in AC.
The ability to climb would be cool, but I think you should have to earn the ability. Maybe someone in the Dark Brotherhood could teach you once you become listener. He/she could be a new recruit.

Nameless1

However, rape only fits into ONE (!!!!) playstyle. It would not only be useless to people other than yourself, but it is also morally wrong. There is a DAMN good reason why video games or movies feature rape in them. The game would be petitioned by feminist groups. Traditionalists would call it wrong and, hell, maybe ungodly. Just one poorly thought out idea would have completely ruined any large business.

Well I surearrived at this party a little late, but....

Rape is morally wrong, true. As is murder, theft, genocide, killing someone for the sole purpose of resurrecting them and using their dead bodies as slaves(and most practitioners' habit of hoarding dead bodies), sacrifice, cannibalism, burglary, racism, sexism, drug trafficking, murder for hire, and a whole lot of other plops that is included in games nowadays. and why don't you tell a son who witnessed his mother's murder that rape is worse "just because" or whatever fluffin reason you have.

If I can get on any number of games any time I want and decide to be a drug addict who robs and kills folks for drug money and/or plopss n giggles, why not rape? Everyone wonders what it would be like to kill a few people, so they turn on GTA, TES, or any other game you can think of and start offing random innocents. Maybe someone wonders what it would be like to rape a bitch?

People constantly rally against everything. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that ANYONE does is going to piss someone off. That's the way the world is.

I have seen an insane amount of posts about collecting dead bodies, piling them on top of one another, and everybody laughs and nods. I have read the outcry of hundreds who want to be able to murder helpless children on this very forum. I am not trying to de-criminalize rape, but I think you should consider the context of the situation. This is a game, and if they tell you "you can do anything you want, murder, pillage, satanism, anything. Except sex. You can't have a family, but you can destroy them." This guy has a fluffin point. the rape thing is just a bulletpoint, but I think it's perplexing that everything except rape is acceptable to you.

Sorry but I had to get that off my chest

Nameless1

Being a mass murderer isn't enough? I mean seriously, if rape should be in the game, why not child molestation? Why not have full blown detailed torture where you can cut off breasts and testicles? Why not bestiality?

The answer is that the line must be drawn somewhere.

I dont care where you put your line, I definitely have been dying to actually use my torture tools. punchin those bitches in tha dawnstar sanc. isnt cutting it anymore.

Nameless1

First off, there are varying degrees and levels of murder and killing. You can kill someone on accident, can the same be said for rape? You could kill someone to avenge a loved one, could the same be said for rape? You could kill someone protecting your home and loved ones, can the same be said for rape?

Bottom line, rape is rape. There are no layers to it. You are forcing yourself on someone without their consent. End of. And to have that kind of thinking it twisted and morbid.

Well to answer your questions, yes. You can get drunk, sleep with a girl unknowingly, she wakes up and doesnt remember, and calls rape. Accidental rape.

I have thought alot about what I would do if I ever cauught the man who raped my ister throughout her childhood, vengeance by rape doesnt sound so crazy.

as for the last one, eh thats a little grey for me.

Because, as a society, we are nearly numb to murder. Rape is something that we consider barbaric and wrong.
The argument that murder is worse or equally bad is a bad argument, because even if something is bad, it does not mean that adding something else bad makes anything better.

Bottom line is that the Elder Scrolls, and Bethesda in general is not a company who are known to dabble in taboo. If say, Rockstar, were to add rape, the responce would not be a negative. However, even if they did, they, like anyone, would catch to heat of many feminist groups.

Blood and Gore is banned in many countries, like Germany and I believe, Australia. If rape were to be added, those countries, and many other governments would start laws and regulations preventing rape from being shown in media.

If you want blood and gore, you can wait for a horror game, buy a horror game, play a different game, download a mod, or go lobby for fluffing rape on an internet forum.

Well to answer your questions, yes. You can get drunk, sleep with a girl unknowingly, she wakes up and doesnt remember, and calls rape. Accidental rape.

I have thought alot about what I would do if I ever cauught the man who raped my ister throughout her childhood, vengeance by rape doesnt sound so crazy.

as for the last one, eh thats a little grey for me.
"I have thought alot about what I would do if I ever cauught the man who raped my ister throughout her childhood, vengeance by rape doesnt sound so crazy"

This has got to be a fluffing joke. Rape cannot be called justice. If someone calls is rape, because you were both drunk does not make it rape. You can't call a pencil a pigeon and expect people to believe it. And why would raping a rapist make things better? It would get you in jail no doubt, even if you told them your sob story.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts