• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I wont release any links, not sure if it violates the TOS on this site, but according to download count on a couple of famous mods on Nexus 591,569 people downloaded the Animated prostitution mod while on the other hand a staggering 950,796 people had downloaded the Adult show xxx mod. People WANT their freedom to do whatever they want on the game that they paid for. People want 100% control.

Look at the number of downloads, and you'll see that many people do want actually want to see pixels bonking other pixels.
However, there is a difference between rape, a terrible thing done by terrible people, and poorly coded pixels doing shoddy animations that clip into other pixels. Rape is wrong. It should not, and would not be added by Bethesda. However, the modding community is free to do as they please, in which case, they can leave this thread and go be pervs somewhere else.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Yeah, Bethesda could be sued for rape!!! :O !!!!!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I don't even consider perverts and rapists to be in the same category. Rapists aren't doing what they do to get their jollies off, but so they can have power and control over their victims. Kinda like torture, ya know?

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I don't even consider perverts and rapists to be in the same category. Rapists aren't doing what they do to get their jollies off, but so they can have power and control over their victims. Kinda like torture, ya know?
Dawnstar Sanctuary torture chamber didn't hurt

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
However, there is a difference between rape, a terrible thing done by terrible people, and poorly coded pixels doing shoddy animations that clip into other pixels. Rape is wrong. It should not, and would not be added by Bethesda. However, the modding community is free to do as they please, in which case, they can leave this thread and go be pervs somewhere else.

Murder is wrong too and guess what? You can join an organization that randomly kill innocent people for money... even to the point of causing someone in windhelm to commit suicide. Don't tell me for a moment that rape is worst than murder.

Dawnstar Sanctuary torture chamber didn't hurt
That was because they didn't place any focus on it. They were only nameless pixels, who you could punch, til they told you about treasure. If they added animations, sounds and extra blood and gore, then yes, it would have been wrong. Maybe it would be right in a different game, but not the Elder Scrolls.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Murder is wrong too and guess what? You can join an organization that randomly kill innocent people for money... even to the point of causing someone in windhelm to commit suicide. Don't tell me for a moment that rape is worst than murder.

It depends. A rape victim could end up committing suicide from the trauma and emotional damage.

And what they did was wrong. But, it all happens off camera. Nobody sees it unless they look for it. Your character has to physically be there in order to rape someone.

On the note of the DB, the people being assassinated are being assassinated because someone else found a reason to kill them. While it is never told, it leaves the player to decide whether or not what they are doing is ethical. Making the woman commit suicide only happens if you do the optional bonus objective, making that point moot.

The "_____ is worse!!" argument is so flimsy. Just because something is worse, does not mean that it is okay. So what if say, arson is bad, it's better than smoke spewwing factories! By your logic, arson is now an ok thing.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
I'm all for sex in Skyrim.

It doesn't need to be shown. However, I think it'd be an interesting idea to have a brothel in Riften. It'd be a good way to get the Lover's Comfort bonus without getting married. We don't need to see the act, but the knowledge that it happened is there.

Rape, however, is not something that should be in the game.

I'm all for sex in Skyrim.

It doesn't need to be shown. However, I think it'd be an interesting idea to have a brothel in Riften. It'd be a good way to get the Lover's Comfort bonus without getting married. We don't need to see the act, but the knowledge that it happened is there.

Rape, however, is not something that should be in the game.
See? This guy has it right. So long as we don't have to do it, see it, or hear it, it would be okay.