PC Skyrim keeps crashing!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Torok

I just installed Skyrim on my laptop, I'm playing it with a PS3 controller. The screen keeps going black and nothing is responding. I have to turn off my laptop for it to be ok.

xReese

Same here. Its just another annoying skyrim glitch -.-

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

xReese

Done thinking. The problem has not come to me yet.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Done thinking. The problem has not come to me yet.

Notice how I quoted the part of his post where he said he was using a laptop.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I just installed Skyrim on my laptop, I'm playing it with a PS3 controller. The screen keeps going black and nothing is responding. I have to turn off my laptop for it to be ok.
If your screen is going black but you can still hear sounds (e.g. environment and music) then it probably means your computer is having problems processing the graphics for the game. If you want technical help you should post your hardware information (CPU , system memory and video card) and OS.
My laptop runs Skyrim with at 30-60 FPS on Ultra settings with HD textures installed. Making assumptions like that isn't particularly helpful. For all we know he could have an NVIDIA GTX 680M and a bad driver that's throttling the GPU.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
If your screen is going black but you can still hear sounds (e.g. environment and music) then it probably means your computer is having problems processing the graphics for the game. If you want technical help you should post your hardware information (CPU , system memory and video card) and OS.

My laptop runs Skyrim with at 30-60 FPS on Ultra settings with HD textures installed. Making assumptions like that isn't particularly helpful. For all we know he could have an NVIDIA GTX 680M and a bad driver that's throttling the GPU.

Your laptop is either A: witchcraft, or B: an Alienware computer.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
It's neither (and Alienware is overpriced and overrated).

I call witchcraft.

Seriously though, can I have some specs? Your computer sounds amazing if it can play on Ultra. My desktop (7.5 rating for graphics and about as high for processor) lags on high sometimes, and Deus Ex HR has to have all the settings down or it runs bad.

Dagmar

Asus G74Sx
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4G
System Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

Torok

1. I am a WOman.

2. My laptop is not powerful enough to handle a game like Skyrim.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Asus G74Sx
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4G
System Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

i7. That probably sums it up right there. What about RAM?

1. I am a WOman.

2. My laptop is not powerful enough to handle a game like Skyrim.

I do apologize sir.

Dagmar

i7. That probably sums it up right there. What about RAM?
System Memory = "RAM"

It doesn't matter how good the CPU is if a computer has a weak video card. The most common problem with laptops and desktops that can't run Skyrim or can't run it well stem from a video card issue, whether it be that the card is too weak or that something is throttling the GPU. The reason most PC laptops can't handle graphics intensive games well is because most use integrated graphics chipsets on the motherboard to handle graphics processing and the chipsets are much weaker than a discrete video card. A dedicated video card for laptops is generally what drives the price up for a gaming laptop, often comprising around a third of the price allocation for the entire rig.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
System Memory = "RAM"

It doesn't matter how good the CPU is if a computer has a weak video card. The most common problem with laptops and desktops that can't run Skyrim or can't run it well stem from a video card issue, whether it be that the card is too weak or that something is throttling the GPU. The reason most PC laptops can't handle graphics intensive games well is because most use integrated graphics chipsets on the motherboard to handle graphics processing and the chipsets are much weaker than a discrete video card. A dedicated video card for laptops is generally what drives the price up for a gaming laptop, often comprising around a third of the price allocation for the entire rig.

When you said system memory I assumed you meant hard disk space.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts