• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkyrimNoob101

I'm new to this game series. But I was watching a youtube video and wanted to find out how much of this is true or what the game has to say about it.

But by the looks of the globe of skyrim I'm assuming this is earth after mars became a moon or it assumes we live after mars left as a moon and this is prehistory. I'm assuming the game is possibly after it joined unless the earth kept it's shape for a long time and this game is the future.

If you compare the world to a modern globe/google earth you will find:

1. High rock look like norway region of modern Europe.
2. Hammerfell looks like eastern europe/russia just below this and the rest of euorope appears to be under the sea.(possibly explained by the large mars like moon being there.
3. Summerset Isle looks like egypt split by a very full nile river. Or the arabian area where the mountains are. EI the red sea an it's large mountains.
4. Pyandonta is either ethiopia or the arab emerates.
5. Yokuda is possbly great britain combined with mountains in france/spain.
6. Valenwood appears to be iran with all of it's mountains and the lower lands including india south of the himalayias all sank.
7. Argonia is possibly the mountains of china and the norther himilayias. the islands are possibly Korea and japans mountain areas.

Edit: Optionally: If corinth is corinth in greece then it's simpler to figure out. Impieral capital my just be athens or a greek city.

The rest appears to be underwater.

It looks like all the areas correspond to large mountains on google earth.

If you follow the spacing the rest of the globe looke like either greenland or parts of great britain above the water. I dont know if this all makes sense with the current height of land, but if mars became a moon it could have adjust the earths crust and potentially made some land rise etc.

There was also a continent that looked a bit lie parts of canada to the north and some of the US. Can't find a good pic though.

Does the game give hints or explain what the land is compared to modern earth? Because visually it appears to be made from our actual globe to some extent.

Here is a map. Kamal looks like norther canada and the hudson bay area.

latest

h84297m411c71.jpg

Real earth:
main-qimg-812c12b9542f7d66f20aec6f6029dc86

Last edited:

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
Staff member
Hi there! So this is a bigger question than you might realize because this franchise has such deep and vast lore. I could write volumes about this but I'll keep it short and let you do any extra research should you be interested. In short "Nirn" (also referred to as the mortal plane) is the planet itself within the realm of Mundus, it is not earth and has its own creation stories etc. Although specific locations do draw inspiration from our world they are not one and the same.

To give you some idea of what this looks like:

the_elder_scrolls__cosmology_by_okiir-d757i0g.jpg

SkyrimNoob101

I just found this on a google search:

"Does Earth exist in Skyrim?
Anyway, according to one of the in-game loading screens, Skyrim does in fact take place on Earth.Feb 2, 2017"

can't post link. It's from reddit.

So, that would make this make sense. the question then is why is mars in earths orbit... does the game give info on why, when, how, etc?

I'm assuming this is not a simple global warming things. It's too much change. It makes more sense it's a massive change from something like mars parking itself in earths vicinity.

Does the game go into this mars like moon?

Masser appears to be mars. If this is the past will the game series end with this moon being expelled from earths orbit creating the modern land masses. In which case you could hypothetically try to date it based on the land masses position to see how far in the past it is based on tectonic theory or similar.

As a lost god was split to make secondus and masser/mars. This could mean this is the history of earth.

Also, a massive hit to masser/mars could explain how it gets its moon later. I bet if it ever gets pushed away it gains a tiny moon also, or looses mass which turns into a moon.

Something said this may not be lore, but it says the scare is from the lost god having it's heart ripped out. Is it possible secondus is the heart/core of mars? That could mean the currnet moon/secondus is mars core and eventually mars is expelled into orbit. Or the heart is the current moon ike?

It also said massers surface is literally from mars in real life. That would be a pretty good hint if it's to be taken literally. I'm assuming by the looks of it it is or at minimum the entire mortal plane is taken from real life. Which means they could have taken one of those old websites allowing you to adjust the earths sea levels and used it to generate a planet.

I wonder if the game follows the theory that earth and mars were one planet and got hit and seperated at one point. that might have been a common theory when the game series started.

If earth/mars/moon were one and were blown aparts(the god dies and his body thrown up.) maybe his heart was ripped out and it's saying all 3 were originally one planet. If this is the past then mars will be thrown out. Possibly stopping it because bringing them back together could be catastrophic in any form of the theory. Planets mashing together and all.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts