• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So I have Skyrim and all the expansions on my xbox, but I just got a new pc that can run it and I'm wondering if it's worth moving platforms. I haven't looked at mods yet, but I know they're out there.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
I have it for both Console and PC, and I think PC has more to offer with the Mods. If you have good enough Specs, i'd say make the PC jump. I believe legendary edtition is on sale right now on Steam for like 20 bucks.

Ok, with the 66% off the Legendary Edition, I HAD to get it...

Now, I'm looking at mods and am very overwhelmed. I don't want anything OP, only things to build up the world and make it more immersive.
Can any one suggest good mods for this?

Pete

• Armored Circlets
  • Better Vampires by Brehanin
  • Falskaar - a new world to explore
  • Realistic crime radius
  • SkyUI
  • All the unofficial patches
None of these break game play.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
First, I love your signature. :p
Secondly, I always prefer a console when playing games. I just like it to sit on a couch with a controller in my hand instead of fluffing up my back behind a PC monitor.
...But with games like Skyrim a PC means MODS! And those can really add to your gameplay experience.

This is a difficult one...

Ha, thanks :p I really should make a new one though. This one is pretty old.
If I may be so bold, I love your avatar. :p
But enough internet creepiness.
Secondly, I always prefer a console when playing games. I just like it to sit on a couch with a controller in my hand instead of fluffing up my back behind a PC monitor.
...But with games like Skyrim a PC means MODS! And those can really add to your gameplay experience.

I hear you. The console has been good, but I want some mods so I can experience the game in a new way. I am really excited about trying it out. :)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I saw you just made your 200th post. Maybe you want to join this thread http://skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/legends-of-skyrimforums.42352/ Here you get a rank based on the amounts of posts you make.

The internet creepiness is appreciated :D

I hear you. The console has been good, but I want some mods so I can experience the game in a new way. I am really excited about trying it out. :)

Mods exploit the possibilities of Skyrim. Not only can you change textures and add weapons: you can basically download more gameplay. I can imagine that once you played a modded version of a game, you can't go back to the vanilla one. You'd just enjoy that less, I suppose.

I saw you just made your 200th post. Maybe you want to join this thread http://skyrimforum.com/sf/threads/legends-of-skyrimforums.42352/ Here you get a rank based on the amounts of posts you make.

The internet creepiness is appreciated :D

Mods exploit the possibilities of Skyrim. Not only can you change textures and add weapons: you can basically download more gameplay. I can imagine that once you played a modded version of a game, you can't go back to the vanilla one. You'd just enjoy that less, I suppose.
Yeah, but I've played the heck out of vanilla Skyrim, so it's not a big deal :p

Ok, now I think I need something to make it funner lol.
I've downloaded some things to tweak the game (everything Pete said except for Falskaar, Better Magic, Apocalypse... something... more spells. Immersive weapons/armor, cloaks...

Are there any good mods with immersive storylines? I'm using these mods to make mages more fun right now without breaking the game. Vanilla mages annoyed me, so the mods I mentioned above are making it more tolerable. I guess there's nothing to make the College questline better?

Lucid

These things are not mutually exclusive though. I am a PC gamer, but would never want to sit at my computer desk gaming for hours. I use an HDMI cable to connect to the flatscreen TV in the living room, and a USB dongle to connect my Xbox controller. You get the comfort of console gaming with the flexibility of a PC.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
These things are not mutually exclusive though. I am a PC gamer, but would never want to sit at my computer desk gaming for hours. I use an HDMI cable to connect to the flatscreen TV in the living room, and a USB dongle to connect my Xbox controller. You get the comfort of console gaming with the flexibility of a PC.

I don't have the money for a gaming pc. :sadface: