• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Toshiro

I noticed that a lot of people mentioned dreaming about Skyrim in the "You know you're addicted when..." thread.
So, what was your dream?

I was lucky enough to have my first Skyrim dream the other night.

I was following a High Elf. He was going to use a ring and magic to bring down a barrier to grant me access to a cave. I needed the ring to finish my quest so I was to either kill him or pickpocket it.
There was a lot of following and exploring. It felt totally real... and awesome.

My Bosmer does constant cartwheels. That's it. It's very weird. It's about the fifth time that I've dreamed about it.

Patches

I actually had a dream of an idea I had for a little video. I had Serana as a follower, and I was up on Volsung's mountain, reading the Word wall. Then the words "HOW I WISH IT HAPPENED" appeared, and of course Volsung's coffin pops open. I just walked straight up to him and started battering him with my warhammer and he was like "Ow, ouch ow ow ow OH GODS STOP" and Serana was just in the corner wiyh an epic face.
Then it restarts back to me reading the word wall and the words "HOW IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED" appeared. Volsung's coffin pops open again and I just run off screaming like a little girl, cowwring in the corner, and I summon Durnehvir. In the background I heard serana say "You're going to pay for that!" And I hear the ice spike, fireball, and lightningbolt sound effects, and serana is obviously getting beaten down, when Durnehviir comes to the rescue and picks her up and lifts her onto his back while summoning tons of bonemen. After I hear some battle sounds it goes quiet and I go to casually search Volsung's ashes :D

LuChao

The Martial artist
my dreams are pretty boring to be fair lol
i tend to dream about walking around the land of skyrim picking up herbs and talking to strangers i see on the way. never had one where i kill a dragon or fight a group of bandit's :sadface:

neriad13 i have had the strange dream of teeth falling out too lol its not nice at all

there has been study's of gamer's and lucid dreams. they think the more you play the better control you have over your dreams.

I fully agree gamers have master control over dreams

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
My dream was located on the scenes of skyrim and I thought hell yeah I am already addicted to it. :)
it has happened to us all at one point or another infact I woke up from such a (Nightmare) the throat of the world was only half as High, Horrible

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
My dream was located on the scenes of skyrim and I thought hell yeah I am already addicted to it. :)
it has happened to us all at one point or another infact I woke up from such a (Nightmare) the throat of the world was only half as High, Horrible
it is also the inevitable truth that your inner conscience would rather live on Nirn than Earth

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
Recently I was in Solstheim. I started the quest regarding the ebony mine. I stopped the game before I finished the quest. That night I dreamed the rest of the quest and they weren't the most pleasant dreams with weird creatures and weird places. I woke up the next morning disoriented. I go through the quest and what do I find, Apocrypha and seekers just like the dream. And that was my first DB playthrough.
I have had a few more weird dreams that I can't remember. Sometimes I have even made strategies through dreams that when executed worked out perfectly.

Rimfaxe96

I like dreaming of a Elder Scrolls universe + reality mix.
Just imagine a few Thalmor explaining their superiority to our modern day politicians, who might as well blow their little island(s) off the surface of Nirn. And Talos priests taking their opportunity in religious freedom in certain earth nations to spread their religion and belief, and the Thalmor growing angry at this but not really able to do much to stop it.
Tamriel's populace being astonished about such technologial progress, especially since it's been done by humans only... and then of course the question coming up, how do humans of planet earth know of elves anyway? They appear in literature centuries old, sometimes described as beautiful creatures of light, and other times as cruel, merciless monsters; a conflict of subjective views similar to the everlasting men & mer conflict in Tamriel.
Plus, humans on earth are descending from 5 gen 'roots' (if I remember that science article correctly, but don't quote me on this :confused:). And our technology is advanced enough to check if Tamriels humans are related to mother earth's. What if Lorkhan was a conquerer who somehow managed to travel through dimensions and landed in the elves' world?

Gah, I guess this would make great fanfiction, but it takes up so many themes my head bursts if I think of it too long. That's why I rather focus on 'social gossip' that would probably develope at some point.
(Like a modern-day reaction to Bretons. They're "normal" in Tamriel, but today they'd probably make fun of them, like "Elf + Human = sexual fantasy gone wrong" and stuff. :rolleyes: )