• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OdysseusGamer

Hi everyone, I play skyrim on ps3, on apprentice dificulty and so far the only hard fights I have had are against the dragon priests, everything else isnt challenging at all and im not using god weapons....everything else even dragons are so easy.

Does anyone reccomends me playing the game on a harder difficulty? like adept or expert, if expert isnt so frustating?

what do you think?

Panthera

Don Gato
Go fight giants or mammoths on adept! :D

deanj832

I've found it exactly the same and have been debating whether or not to start again with a different style of character and I've been playing on adept.... for my character build see the post I made earlier called SHOULD I START AGAIN and I'm still undecided

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I would definitely recommend you crank up your difficulty to adept at the very least. I started the game on adept with a 2-handed warrior, and the difficulty felt just right for the first 10 levels or so.. then it got too easy so I turned it up to expert. Things were good and balanced until level 28 or so, when I realized the game was again teetering on the edge of being just a tad too easy, so all the way up to master we went. Funny thing is even master has felt too easy since level 35 or so. I'm contemplating using a difficulty increasing mod.

Granted, I have been smithing and enchanting, but I HAVEN'T exploited the alchemy-smithing-enchanting loop which lets you create godlike weapons and armor - I've simply leveled up my crafting skills the honest old-fashioned way. Smithing is the only crafting skill that's hit 100, enchanting is 80 and alchemy in the 50s. Even so, my daedric greataxe does 260-something damage (I think), + 30 points of fire damage. I think I'd one-shot kill everything in the game if I played on adept now.

Still, a game that's impossibly hard is much, much worse and more frustrating than a game that's just a bit too easy. I'm thinking back to Dragon Age 1.. man, that one was impossible on normal difficulty until the late-game when your characters were leveled up. And that's coming from someone who has played the Baldur's Gate trilogy, Neverwinter Nights etc.

Oh and Odysseusgamer, nope, you don't need to restart if you want to change the difficulty.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
No need to restart, press the start button and it's available from the screen you Save on. Definitely increase the difficulty.

Niflheimr

Raise your difficulty, I'm thinking of going to Expert soon.

As some earlier said, I prefer a game that is too easy than a game that is too hard.
Last thing you need is a game like Demon's and Dark Souls.

XbSuper

If the game is too easy, then I don't think you should need us to tell you to increase the difficulty. However I sometimes play on novice just to feel like a god.

Grey Fox

If you want to make it even more challenging for yourself, START a new character on expert. That way when you are finally tough enough to really have FUN, you don't mind the experience of bashing your way through a village or feeling a little over-powered because up to that point, you've pretty much just had your ass handed to you and some good old payback feels pretty good!

Dentred

Dancer/ Artist
I started a new character mainly for the thrill of playing solely on master difficulty. I gotta say, it's challenging yet fun.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts