• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I confess that when my block and heavy armor get up around the 80's I head to a giant camp and set the difficulty to novice to raise them up. I of course then set it back to expert, the difficulty I normally play at. I have considered going for master on this play through however, as heavy armored paladin warriors seem to be able to mow through baddies pretty fast.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Male Orcs, yes. Female Orcs, disgusting, no matter how much I try to make them more attractive it doesn't work. And I'm a guy.

I don't know, Borgakh isn't half bad.

tumblr_m4y08jpeCv1r4tbyso1_1280.jpg

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
When I'm playing a thief, if some shopkeeper says, "Steal anything from my shop and you'll regret it," I immediately steal something from their shop. If a guard warns, "Keep your hands to yourself, sneak thief," I immediately pickpocket them. These fools need to learn not to provoke me, and that their idle threats are powerless against me.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
I can't kill a dog. My heart prevents me from doing so.

I hoard gemstones and smithing materials. I try to kill every hostile I come across as well.

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
When I'm playing a thief, if some shopkeeper says, "Steal anything from my shop and you'll regret it," I immediately steal something from their shop. If a guard warns, "Keep your hands to yourself, sneak thief," I immediately pickpocket them. These fools need to learn not to provoke me, and that their idle threats are powerless against me.
When a guard says "Hail Sithis!" to my Dark Brotherhood character, I try to kill him secretly. It's difficult to do this: have to catch the guard alone and I have to remember which one it is who said that, damn Nords all look alike to me--I don't kill indiscriminately--and so I often have to abandon the attempt. But these guards need to keep their mouths shut.

I don't mind "sneak thief" or Thieves' Guild comments. That's fine. People are so amazingly blasé about the Thieves' Guild in general that I've come to treat being guildmaster as my character's "legitimate" work--this is the job that he claims to have, that he tells his husband about, while actually being Listener for the Dark Brotherhood.

ShangTsung

It's SAD is what it is. Agonizing over what to drop if I come across some choice item. And of course if I have a follower along they're already staggering under a load of crap themselves and can't carry any more. And I'm rolling in coin so there's really no good reason to keep it. And it's not like I won't find more.

And yet ... and yet ... it just might come in handy someday. I might want to make some leather armor. Or an iron dagger. And enchant it, yeah that's it. And sell it for even more coin because I'm a greedy bastard and there's only one direction I want to see my stash go and that's UP!
so use the fortify restoration loop glitch to maximize your carry weight ffs! jeez m8 you don't HAVE to super enchant anything else, and its not like having a near infinite amount of carry weight is gonna op your character, you'll STILL be able to get your ass handed to ya like usual u just won't have to worry about hobbling around like an obese person when ya collect too much.. problem easily solved. :confused:

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Unfortunately I've done it more than once. From a distance I can't tell if it's dog or wolf.

It's similar to the woman that has escaped from 'kidnappers' and comes RUNNING AT YOU to ask for help... I always used to shoot her with as many arrows as I could, since in Skyrim, everything wants to kill/devour you and I tended to shoot first and loot bodies ask questions later.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
It's similar to the woman that has escaped from 'kidnappers' and comes RUNNING AT YOU to ask for help... I always used to shoot her with as many arrows as I could, since in Skyrim, everything wants to kill/devour you and I tended to shoot first and loot bodies ask questions later.
Ya shoulda left it at loot bodies. And I agree!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Ya shoulda left it at loot bodies. And I agree!
Of course I also loot the bodies that other people/things kill, but, hey, I'm one greedy b*****d!

Asiaxfani

I PLAY THE GAME ON NOVICE. ALWAYS. Because I just suck that much.

I have an incredibly bad habit of always starting a new game. I swear, I must've started over a 100 saves by now. I don't think any of my characters has ever reached level 40. And the worst part of it is, that it's not that I get bored of my characters or anything! Oh no, I always end up creating the same damn characters over and over and over again. I only had two up until very recently, now I finally added a third one to complete the warrior/mage/thief trinity. And since I try to role-play my characters (at least in my own way, I don't know if there's some "proper" way to do it), I always do the same things, join the same factions and make the same choices with each character. I honestly have no bleeding idea why I do this.

I also sometimes play the game for hours without actually doing anything, as if to let my character to "take a day off." I just chill around in their home town, let them sleep in their own bed, maybe go to the inn for a while to have a drink, then go out and do some hunting/read some books/break into a neighbour's house and steal everything that isn't nailed down, 'cause hey, what's a better way for a thief to relax? And then head back to the inn, have some dinner and go back home for a good night's sleep. And then repeat all of this for a couple of in-game days. Just because, well, it's Skyrim. It's not like you're in a rush to anywhere or anything. Gods, I love this game so much.

Spryte

I stab Jarl Balgruuf's son Nelkir for stress-relief and then reload my save file when I'm done so as to avoid getting in trouble. It works very nicely since he can't actually die, being a child and whatnot, and so I never lose my stabbing target.

Oh, and I still have no clue how to focus the Oculory in Mzulft despite having done it a few times now. I blast it and push buttons until it works, but I have no idea what I'm actually doing.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I stab Jarl Balgruuf's son Nelkir for stress-relief and then reload my save file when I'm done so as to avoid getting in trouble. It works very nicely since he can't actually die, being a child and whatnot, and so I never lose my stabbing target.

Oh, and I still have no clue how to focus the Oculory in Mzulft despite having done it a few times now. I blast it and push buttons until it works, but I have no idea what I'm actually doing.

When you push the buttons, the rings move like when you are getting into the end of Bleak Falls Barrow. You just have push the buttons until you line up the mirrors.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
I really hate it when I go to fast travel and can't because an enemy is near, but I can't see where they are to kill them, so I hunt and hunt and finally realise it's a fluffing mud crab. I also hate it when I shout at the basket in the throne room of the 'Jagged Crown' mission to get the flawless ruby for another quest and have to spend the next 20 mins looking for it on the floor. :)

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I really hate it when I go to fast travel and can't because an enemy is near, but I can't see where they are to kill them, so I hunt and hunt and finally realise it's a fluffing mud crab......... :)

LOL those damn mudcrabs!

They are also annoying when you are Sneaking - their Perception (or whatever skill it would be) is ridiculously high, and they always manage to see you. It makes you think that there is some 'actual' enemy spotting you, but instead it's just Snappy McClaws wallowing around in the muck. Annoying!

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Don't forget those annoying slaughterfish. They prevent fast travel too, and you never see them until you look in the body of water next to you......after searching frantically for the enemy nearby.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
<.< | >.>

If all of you are done with this mindless ranter than shall we get back to what the thread is actually MEANT FOR? Confessing things that you do in Skyrim that you are either ashamed of or slightly irregular. Yes? Yes.

1) For the My Time In Need quest I always choose Saadia's side. Reason? She's the only Redguard chick in the game that isn't ugly. I want her alive. Don't judge me. :sadface:

2) I purposely avoid any dungeon that I know has a Giant Frostbite Spider in it (unless it's part of a main quest which in that case I just suck it up and Fus Ro Dah the thing after I kill it): Cronvangr Cave, Nunczand-Zel (I know I butchered that), that tower with the magic spiders in it (Starts with an H. Forgot what it's called. I just know it's near Markarth). I haven't even finished with Dawnguard questline because the first time I did it Darkfall Cave was filled with the things and my Dawnguard got corrupted. Now that it's redownloaded I'm not going through that again.

3) If I kill a enemy and they're wearing a helmet/hood I always take it off to see what they look like.

4) I loot/create at least one set of each armor piece/weapon set in the game. Gotta collect them all.

5) If I make a female character I usually have her wear some type of form fitting armor.

That's all I can think of right now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts