• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nighthiker77

I am also guilty of taking over an hour to design new characters, and using showracemenu to change hair and warpaint regularly.

The game automatically makes a save after the cart ride, character name "prisoner" which skips the intro, if you don't overwrite it.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I took Julius (who's a fairly stand up guy) through most of the House of Horrors quest until I realized there was no really "good" way to end it, so I wound up just walking away from it (finally using the console to remove the Rusty Mace from my inventory).
The problem is that I've left some priest locked down there. :eek:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I took Julius (who's a fairly stand up guy) through most of the House of Horrors quest until I realized there was no really "good" way to end it, so I wound up just walking away from it (finally using the console to remove the Rusty Mace from my inventory).
The problem is that I've left some priest locked down there. :eek:
Don't feel too bad. He was an a** anyhow and I got a great mace out of it. Molag Bol! HO!

Mine is the Blood on the Snow Quest. I still have the damned necklace and can't get rid of it. I'd wear it, but it doesn't do anything. Oh well, what's another weightless quest item cluttering up my inventory.

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
Blood on the Ice is a total bugfest. The Unofficial Skyrim Patchers are still finding problems with that thing.

I confess that Lurbuk is my favorite bard in all of Skyrim. Why is he my favorite? Because he doesn't sing--puts him waaay ahead of all the others, in my opinion.

When my Dark Brotherhood character was contracted to kill him, he did go through with it, but out of respect for his favorite bard has sworn to kill every other bard in Skyrim while they are singing. If Lurbuk has to die, they all die!

Oddly enough, it's been a very long time since any bard has sung anything while he's around, and he's only killed a couple of them. Maybe the rumors have started....

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Whenever I accidently kill my dog/horse, I sprinkle them with flowers.
I have no remorse killing multiple goats, hoorkers, crabs, deer etc.. for soul gems.
I feel kinda bad I married Farkas. He looks so bored and lonely whenever I go home.
I got one of the Blade requites killed.
I am ashamed I slaughtered 1 bunny.
I like sticking a bucket over Birna's head and stealing all her soul gems.
I sacrificed Iona, because the game wouldnt let me use a dark brotherhood initiate.
I kill the Imperial guards to set the Stormcloak prisoner free.

Panthera

Don Gato
I find Orcs sort of sexy. There's just something about Moth gro-Bagol...

Male Orcs, yes. Female Orcs, disgusting, no matter how much I try to make them more attractive it doesn't work. And I'm a guy.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I am also guilty of taking over an hour to design new characters, and using showracemenu to change hair and warpaint regularly.

The game automatically makes a save after the cart ride, character name "prisoner" which skips the intro, if you don't overwrite it.

I wish I had read this last night. So, if I don't override the "Prisoner" auto-save, I don't have to suffer through the cart ride again?

Panthera

Don Gato
I wish I had read this last night. So, if I don't override the "Prisoner" auto-save, I don't have to suffer through the cart ride again?

Yes, just save it before you are called to tell who you are. And whenever you want to start new char load from that save.

Daelon DuLac

Male Orcs, yes. Female Orcs, disgusting, no matter how much I try to make them more attractive it doesn't work. And I'm a guy.
I don't know. There's something sexy about an underbite. :) I still have a crush on the smith in Markarth.

Joker

Yes, just save it before you are called to tell who you are. And whenever you want to start new char load from that save.

So start all characters from that point, and save into a new file once you are done choosing the race & everything else, right?

Nighthiker77

I thought my prisoner save was a hard save, but it could be an auto. Either way, if you have a hard save, you can skip he cart ride. The nice thing about the first one is it stays at the bottom.

You can still make another any time, it just won't be conveniently at the bottom

Daelon DuLac

So start all characters from that point, and save into a new file once you are done choosing the race & everything else, right?
That's what I did! Now I have 4 new characters to start and 2 more on the way tonight (Boscoe the really short Nord tank and Xander the high elf spell sword). I gotta stop this. 6 new saves and still on the same old character? Sheesh.

Panthera

Don Gato

Right.

Panthera

Don Gato
I don't know. There's something sexy about an underbite. :) I still have a crush on the smith in Markarth.

I dislike underbite... and the way they have opened mouth I have feeling it isn't pleasant smell from it... I mean probably nobody has but at least they have mouth shut.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
Despite playing Skyrim since it came out, I've only had one character that lived to see past level 25. I get bored of them pretty quickly..

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
I ate Verulus for the achievement.

But then I slaughtered the coven, reloaded, then killed them before dinner was served.
He ambled back to Markarth afterward.

Panthera

Don Gato
Despite playing Skyrim since it came out, I've only had one character that lived to see past level 25. I get bored of them pretty quickly..

I still haven't done the main quest... and I got Skyrim next day from it's release. I had only 3 characters that I really played... progressing to lvl 47.

Wildroses

My first playthrough I went to the College of Winterhold really early and said I'd test J'zargo's scrolls for him. Back then I was such a noob I wasn't only new to Skyrim, I was new to video games.

Somehow I managed to use up all ten scrolls without testing any of them on an undead. When I returned to J'zargo I told him I ran out of scrolls. When he got over being incredulous (What?! This one gave you plenty of scrolls!) he was mad. I failed the quest.

In hindsight I'm still kind of awed I managed to waste all ten.

Joker

I have made it to level 30+ only a couple times myself. Like you, I keep getting bored and wanting to start a new character. I haven't made it even halfway through the main quest one time. I have done loads of side quests, and discovered different things to do and see on almost every restart though. So they haven't been a complete waste of time. Although, I must admit sometimes I restart because I screwed up a character. Sadly, my restart is never the same as the one I just screwed up......o_O

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts