• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

blizzer333

I wasn't sure about where posting this thread so i put it into general discussion.
Anyway i was thinking about making a "duelist" character. I mean One handed, no shield and no armor or at least with light armor. I was thinking about

Race:
Breton or altmer or even redguard ( in order of best benefits in my opinion)

Skills:
One handed( main skill)
Enchanting
Blocking( main skill)
Smithing(for damage purpose)

And a bit of Illusion/alteration/restoration ( i'm still thinking about wich one is better)

Do you think that a build like this is a viable option at adept-hard difficulty?
Post your suggestions :)

Necromis

well race is really a matter of taste as in the end they all balance out. However, in regards to their powers I would probably suggest going with the RedGuard for the stamina regen power if you are a melee character. Besides with some cool looking robes and a nice scimitar he would look amazing.

Well i wouldve used a Nord however it is up to taste , I like the choices you made i wouldve only added Sneak to it for stealth if your not going for that its all good also you can consider using alchamy aswell ceuse your going for a challange right ? this will give you added benefits ....

blizzer333

mmm I think i'll drop illusion and go for the best looking race, I'm going to test it soon, I hope it will be fun... because I'm doing it most for roleplaying.

If it is for roleplaying a wouldve chosen Argonian or Khajit but enjoy it should be fun

Necromis

Roleplaying I don't see Khajit or Argonian being dualist. I do see someone like a Nord or a Redguard being someone like that. Or even an orc.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
i'd go w/ restoration b/c you have a free hand

Necromis

you can block with a one or two handed weapon. You don't actually need to be sword and boarding to use that skill. You just can block when dual wielding. Heck I was killing things last night blocking with a staff of flames. Pretty nice staff, too.

blizzer333

Blocking doesnt require a shield and if i remember correctly some perks dont even require a it i.e bashing or the one wich slows time.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I don't know; one handed with no shield can get pretty tough in some situations.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
You can still use light armour which is fine. Are you planning to spend perks in archery?

blizzer333

mmm yeah, i'll first try without armor on adept if it's really too hard i'll switch to light armor, or i was thinking about leveling a bit of magic and use alteration.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Definitely take Alteration if you aren't going to take light armor. Your character wouldn't last a second without any sort of protection against a high level opponent(e.g. Forsworn Briarheart) if he/she/it can get a few hits on you.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts