Should Paarthurnax be the next High King of Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
Why don't we just put Ulfric and Elisf in a giant pit with a gag around Ulfrics mouth (No cheating ;)) and who ever wins gets to be High King or High Queen or in better thoughts why don't these two just get in a bed together and let all the tension loose with one night of frivolous sheet turning and then 9 months later BAM Ulfric and Elisf married and rule Skyrim together :cool:

NO! not Paarthunax, not Ulfric, not the Imperials.

BUT ME! I should become the High King since I saved them from the biggest tyranny in their life. MWAHAHAHA!

Skyrimosity

Dragonborn High King? I believe he's supposed to be the Emperor. So yea... good luck with that

Skyrimosity

"I should be High King! I am Harbinger of the Companions, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, etc etc etc. I mean really, what don't I do for you people?"
Campaign speech

Docta Corvina

LOL, Jeremius, I hear you man. Ulfric's cold and dead in all my game files, so it is indeed about perspective at the end of the day. It's rare that I'm so satisfied in destroying a pixelated villain.

Back on topic, I too do not think that ol' Paarthy would take the job, for the reasons mentioned. Would I like him to? Of course! But I doubt he'd do it. Power corrupts - that's an unalterable law of the universe. And I know that he knows that.

I still say Balgruuf would be the best overall choice, but that's another thread.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Yeah, I ain't even mentioned old Parthy to be honest...

No, I do think he's capable of leading Nords as their high king, but I don't think he'd take the job... An advisor maybe? but not High King. Also, please, please PLEASE Bethesda, don't make the last DLC you make for Skyrim a quest where Dragonborn becomes high king/queen, We'll all end up like Robert Baratheon in Game of thrones wishing we could go 'Drinking and Wenching ourselves into an early grave' just out of sheer boredom... Seriously Todd, don't do it...I'm warning you!

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I don't like the empire because they seem to me as if they are the Thalmors lap dogs. Which makes things very awkward for me because at the same time, I'm a an Altmer (albeit I consider myself separate to the ways of the Thalmer).

That aside, helping Ulfric really doesn't make sense, considering the Dunmer live in the slums of Windhelm, and if I remember rightly Argonians aren't even allowed in the city. I've also heard a couple of characters talk about how little Ulfric thinks of anybody but Nords.

So in my opinion neither the Imperials or Stormcloaks deserve to be in power. Which possibly opens the door for Paarthurnax, however it seems unrealistic that he would become the ruler of Skyrim for two reasons. Reason one, everybody is fearful of the dragons so having a dragon ruling, even though he is peaceful like a monk in many ways just wouldn't work.

Reason two, Paarthurnax talks about the problems he had controlling his power, and how he hopes he will never return to the way he was. That is why he stays in Solitude on the throat of the world. He wouldn't accept the role, it would be out of character for him to do so.

Perhaps the Greybeards could be in with a shout, they are after all servants of Paarthurnax.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I vote for Gleda the Goat for High Queen of Skyrim

SR-creature-Gleda_the_Goat.jpg

VOTE FOR THE GOAT!

Skyrimosity

The logic displayed in the above post is infallible. Surely a goat that was award winning and survived staying with a giant for a night is worthy of High Queen. Gleda 2012

stagnant94

yes, because after dragons went and murdered everyone. I'm sure they'd all be happy to appoint one as high king

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

uncle paarthurnax as high king= world peace
seriously who would wanna mess with a kingdom the has an army of dragons guarding it?

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I should be High King dammit. I'm the Dragonborn! I saved the world. Ancient and royal blood flows through these veins. I wish there was a quest where the player can become the High King and rule over Skyrim. Oh that would be sweet.

Edit: I do believe you can become High King in Skyrim, at least if you Role-Play your character. Start the Civil War quest, choose a side and when you are ordered to get the High-King Crown, just keep it! BAM! You are the High King.;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts