Should not have sucker punched that goat.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rafter75

Seem to be a bit stuck. Having a grand time playing my unarmed Khajiit thief. I did fortify restoration glitch a ring of unarmed to make unarmed feasible. But I did keep the damage below standard dagger damage. Anyway. I decided it was time to build my humble abode and chose Lakeview manor as my site. So I head down to Falkreath to discuss purchasing a sweet plot of land. This is where things went wrong.

I stroll into Falkreath and mosey on over toward the Jarls long hall. And there it is. A goat, just sort of wandering around in the middle of the street. Now I don't know what came over me, but I laid that thing out with the biggest goat sucker punch. Bamn!

Apparently in Falkreath they REALLY don't like it when you punch their goats. It was a small bounty. Only 40 septims. Totally worth cracking that smug goat across its smug goat face. But, the guards launched a massive assault on me. I threw my hands up and said "My bad. Totally should not have punched that goat." but they completely ignored all attempts to yield and pay my bounty.

Now I'm a patient cat, but I can only take three arrows to the torso before I get pissed. So the first guard that came within range got picked up and dropped on his neck. Well, as you can imagine this did not help matters at all. Before I knew it all the guards had gone the way of the goat. With all the guards out I should have the chance to explain myself right? Fat chance of that happening. A group of 6 townsfolk had formed the goat vengeance squad and were coming right for me.

Now guards are one thing, but im not looking to hurt innocent goat loving townsfolk so I start to make a run for it. I'm almost out the gate when I hear one of them shout "You'll make a nice rug cat". What?! Not cool. So I turn to face them thinking this time I can explain what happened and it will be cool.

Before I can get a word out that Tavern tart Nari takes a swipe at my head with her knife. Instinctually, I side step her and land a thunderous right hook that caves her face in. The rest of the little mob goes down quickly and I'm left standing there completely in shock.

Now, the Damn Jarl won't offer me the land. I've done bounties for him ect... But I'm afraid there aren't enough townsfolk in Falkreath to help as a way to become a Thane....

Basically, what I'm trying to say is when in Falkreath. Do NOT punch goats.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Maiming chickens in Riverwood is also frowned upon.

Also, when helping people for the Thane title, it doesn't have to be in Falkreath the town. It can be anywhere in Falkreath Hold.

Rafter75

Maiming chickens in Riverwood is also frowned upon.

Also, when helping people for the Thane title, it doesn't have to be in Falkreath the town. It can be anywhere in Falkreath Hold.

Good to know. Its the weirdest thing. I can't even get him to engage in the Thane dialogue

Ritterkreuz

I try to blast through helping the people of Falkreath, otherwise a dragon might come and wipe out the town's population before you get the chance.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I've had something like this happen to me in Whiterun, I was attacked over a 40 septim bounty and they wouldn't let me yield so I killed one guard, tried to yield but they weren't going for that. I had a bounty of about 9 thousand before the last guard decides he'll allow me to yield. Talk about a shake down.

Moris

Good to know. Its the weirdest thing. I can't even get him to engage in the Thane dialogue

I think for the Thane dialogue, you have to do a personal quest for the Jarl.

As for fulfilling the requirements, I have read that picking vegetables, mining and selling the ore to the mine owner, chopping wood for an npc that requests it, and killing a dragon that enters the middle of town all count as "helping people".

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I think for the Thane dialogue, you have to do a personal quest for the Jarl.

As for fulfilling the requirements, I have read that picking vegetables, mining and selling the ore to the mine owner, chopping wood for an npc that requests it, and killing a dragon that enters the middle of town all count as "helping people".

Except he killed the people, not the best first step in becoming a Hero of the hold.

Moris

Except he killed the people, not the best first step in becoming a Hero of the hold.

Well, as someone else pointed out, there may be more citizens of the hold who don't live in the actual village who are still alive.

And if Siddgeir is the Jarl, he lacks the moral compass to judge whether his thanes are murderous thugs, or villainous assassins, or simply careless goat abusers, whichever the case may be.

If Dengeir is Jarl, then it should be a whole lot easier to reassure him that he's not being spied on.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Well, as someone else pointed out, there may be more citizens of the hold who don't live in the actual village who are still alive.

And if Siddgeir is the Jarl, he lacks the moral compass to judge whether his thanes are murderous thugs, or villainous assassins, or simply careless goat abusers, whichever the case may be.

darth-sidious-cat.jpg

HappyTroll

I've had something like this happen to me in Whiterun, I was attacked over a 40 septim bounty and they wouldn't let me yield so I killed one guard, tried to yield but they weren't going for that. I had a bounty of about 9 thousand before the last guard decides he'll allow me to yield. Talk about a shake down.

This is whats happening to me right now! I blame Lydia!

JoeReese

Just be glad that goat wasn't a kangaroo. Many are the tough guys who have fallen prey to that little underestimate.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
Sometimes, people that are not in the area (houses, ect) Wont know if you have killed anyone, though sometimes they do, no matter what you should still be able to become thane, or maybe you have to pay the bounty, if any guards are left (they should respawn) Ive killed countless townsfolk and guards and still become thane, with paying my bounty or without.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz