• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Should You Get Oblivion After You've Finished Skyrim?

• Total voters

TheQuietCommentatorUTube

Busy Being A Boss
I think that, sadly, I'm done with Skyrim for a while. I still want to love it, but I feel like I've already done everything. I want more Elder Scrolls. The Dragonborn DLC was great, but not really my type. I'm wondering, should I give Oblivion GOTY Edition a try? Skyrim was my first Elder Scrolls so I've never played it. What do you think?

Konvoy

I think you should get Oblivion and play through it, but you'll have to keep in mind that it's an older game and Skyrim made some vast improvement on the franchise.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
DO IT!! I love Oblivion, it was the first RPG I ever played. I'm tempted to sue my ex for my save files on his Xbox. :D Seriously though, it's the same open-world set up, got guilds and stuff as well as a main quest, ample side quests...the down side is there isn't as much creativity involved in it as there is in Skyrim. You can't craft weapons or armour (although you can enchant it) and character development is limited. However, the scenery is gorgeous, so in my mind that totally makes up for it cause I have my hippie moments like that. I'm more of a warm-weather person. :)

zane

I say yes, do it - It's a great way to see where the franchise has come from. It's also a great way to learn about some other stuff in history. I also suggest playing morrowind.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I say yes, do it - It's a great way to see where the franchise has come from. It's also a great way to learn about some other stuff in history. I also suggest playing morrowind.
Is Morrowind backwards compatible on the 360? I've always wanted to play it...

Twiffle

DO IT!! I love Oblivion, it was the first RPG I ever played. I'm tempted to sue my ex for my save files on his Xbox. :D Seriously though, it's the same open-world set up, got guilds and stuff as well as a main quest, ample side quests...the down side is there isn't as much creativity involved in it as there is in Skyrim. You can't craft weapons or armour (although you can enchant it) and character development is limited. However, the scenery is gorgeous, so in my mind that totally makes up for it cause I have my hippie moments like that. I'm more of a warm-weather person. :)

Yes get the game its brill, it was my first too, no smithing but spell creation is really good fun, you can make your own spells such as firs/shock/light spell, , ill let you work it out :rolleyes:

Volanere

Grand Magister
I would recommend it, i thought it was a great game i almost like it as much as skyrim.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Absolutely, get it. Remember, though: Don't give up on it. When you first start you may not like it (I didn't at first and didn't play it for another month) but it gets a lot better as you play. Also, if you're going to get it make sure it's the GOTY edition. Shivering Isles was great.

Junkie

Are those prequel's in a set or anything? And, are they an online "Live" game's only?
Oblivion is on Games on Demand for Xbox live, but I saw the GoTY edition at my local best buy in the $4.99-$9.99 bargain bin. I think on live its $19.99, I'm not 100% sure though. As far as Morrowind goes, I haven't a clue

99Problems

And a dragon ain't one.
Do it do it! I still play every once in a while if I've burnt myself out on Skyrim. Definitely get GOTY edition. The graphics make me cringe though... but that's expected. :)

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Do it do it! I still play every once in a while if I've burnt myself out on Skyrim. Definitely get GOTY edition. The graphics make me cringe though... but that's expected. :)

When I first started playing my biggest put-off was the graphics.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts