• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
'She offered to bed with him if he would sponsor her for membership. He looked her over, grinning, and agreed, but said she'd still have to pass a test.
"What sort of test?"
"Ah," Therris said. "Payment first, sweet thing." He put an arm around her, leaned over and kissed her, thrusting his tongue deep into her mouth and his free hand into her shirt.
"Nice," he said presently, withdrawing his tongue, but not his hand. His other hand slid down inside her waistband and fondled her buttocks.
"Let's go upstairs. We can use my room," Barenziah felt both embarassed and excited by his boldness.
Therris grinned insolently. "Why bother? You want me, don't you? I'll bet you'd pay me, wouldn't you?"
"No," Barenziah said. She did want him, but not that badly.
"No? Well, a bargain's a bargain and Therris keeps his word. But here. Now." He hiked her skirt up and pulled her onto his lap so she sat astride, facing him. He opened her shirt and pulled it down on her shoulders so that her breasts were exposed.
"Nice pair, kid." She was facing the wall but she could feel the stares of the other patrons. A hush had fallen over the place. Even the bard had stilled. She felt both nausea and a hot burning desire. Her hands released his turgid penis and then it was inside her and she was screaming in both pain and ecstasy. Then everything went black.
When she came to herself again she was sitting beside Therris, who was buttoning her shirt. "That hurt!" she said indignantly.
"Always does, kid. Didn't anyone ever tell you about Khajiit men? It hurts good though, now doesn't it?" Barenziah scowled at him. She was still smarting. His penis had tiny little barbs on it.' - The Real Barenziah, Part IV.

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
'She offered to bed with him if he would sponsor her for membership. He looked her over, grinning, and agreed, but said she'd still have to pass a test.
"What sort of test?"
"Ah," Therris said. "Payment first, sweet thing." He put an arm around her, leaned over and kissed her, thrusting his tongue deep into her mouth and his free hand into her shirt.
"Nice," he said presently, withdrawing his tongue, but not his hand. His other hand slid down inside her waistband and fondled her buttocks.
"Let's go upstairs. We can use my room," Barenziah felt both embarassed and excited by his boldness.
Therris grinned insolently. "Why bother? You want me, don't you? I'll bet you'd pay me, wouldn't you?"
"No," Barenziah said. She did want him, but not that badly.
"No? Well, a bargain's a bargain and Therris keeps his word. But here. Now." He hiked her skirt up and pulled her onto his lap so she sat astride, facing him. He opened her shirt and pulled it down on her shoulders so that her breasts were exposed.
"Nice pair, kid." She was facing the wall but she could feel the stares of the other patrons. A hush had fallen over the place. Even the bard had stilled. She felt both nausea and a hot burning desire. Her hands released his turgid penis and then it was inside her and she was screaming in both pain and ecstasy. Then everything went black.
When she came to herself again she was sitting beside Therris, who was buttoning her shirt. "That hurt!" she said indignantly.
"Always does, kid. Didn't anyone ever tell you about Khajiit men? It hurts good though, now doesn't it?" Barenziah scowled at him. She was still smarting. His penis had tiny little barbs on it.' - The Real Barenziah, Part IV.

Well i'll be damned... lol

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
This comes from someone that hasn't even heard of Morrowind LOL? Let alone Oblivion for that matter.

This thread has no logic and purpose to it. One that seems to slander older titles as being inferior to Skyrim.

Skyrim is good but it's not the best. Oblivion's story line and quests were way better than Skyrim's.

Just because a game is a "new" title out in the market, doesn't mean it's always "better" than the older one.

Of course graphics are getting better as the era goes on and more sophisticated code get's integrated within newer games, it still can't replace a title that was moving and possess a magical and deep story.

I and many other people have had more fun in Oblivion than in Skyrim.

The thing that you seem to miss here, is that all titles are different. It is impractical to say that one title is better than the other. In what way? What are you tying to achieve by claiming Skyrim is glorious? The impracticality of this thread just shows you that gap you have and delving first into Skyrim missing those other important narratives, now inexperienced in that, you find it difficult to comprehend it.

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
This comes from someone that hasn't even heard of Morrowind LOL? Let alone Oblivion for that matter.

This thread has no logic and purpose to it. One that seems to slander older titles as being inferior to Skyrim.

Skyrim is good but it's not the best. Oblivion's story line and quests were way better than Skyrim's.

Just because a game is a "new" title out in the market, doesn't mean it's always "better" than the older one.

Of course graphics are getting better as the era roles on and more sophisticated code get's integrated within newer games, it still can't replace a title that was moving and possess a magical and deep story.

The thing that you seem to miss here, is that all titles are different. It is impractical to say that one title is better than the other. In what way? What are you tying to achieve by claiming Skyrim is glorious? The impracticality of this thread just shows you that gap you have and delving first into Skyrim missing those other important narratives, now inexperienced in that, you find it difficult to comprehend it.

Don't get "offended" it is merely my opinion and i am entitled to express it on the forum, I am not saying at all that skyrim is "better" infact show me once where i claimed skyrim is a completely superior game based on its graphics, i am saying that it suits my tastes better. as much as i am into the story etc i just think skyrim is an all round greater experience, if you don't like it feel free to move right along, as for logic and purpose there is none it is simply a discussion about the evolution of the elder scroll games and how different people appreciate the different games depending on what they are looking for in the game, if you don't like it stiff tits my friend.

-P.s i have heard of morrowind i have just never seen it, Nice assumptions C;

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
Don't get "offended" it is merely my opinion and i am entitled to express it on the forum, I am not saying at all that skyrim is "better" infact show me once where i claimed skyrim is a completely superior game based on its graphics, i am saying that it suits my tastes better. as much as i am into the story etc i just think skyrim is an all round greater experience, if you don't like it feel free to move right along, as for logic and purpose there is none it is simply a discussion about the evolution of the elder scroll games and how different people appreciate the different games depending on what they are looking for in the game, if you don't like it stiff tits my friend.

-P.s i have heard of morrowind i have just never seen it, Nice assumptions C;

And on what basis can you support a discussion of evolution if you only know one side of the story?

Hmm? ;)

You imply now and this is turning into a pretext because you know I'm right, that it suits you better, ofcourse it does! Because you haven't played the others!

So how would you know? Derp.

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
And on what basis can you support a discussion of evolution if you only know one side of the story?

Hmm? ;)

You imply now and this is turning into a pretext because you know I'm right, that it suits you better, ofcourse it does! Because you haven't played the others!

This isn't a matter of "you know i'm right" that's just immature, I'm simply expressing my opinion. I've played oblivion enough and seen enough gameplay of other titles in ES to know how far the game has come and which one i would prefer (Skyrim) - "derp"

-I never once claimed to know everything about TES or the older games, Now if you would be so kind as too leave with your negative attitude, Thankyou C:

Adam Belmont

Morrowind is an excelent game. Much more RPG than Skyrim in my opinion. The journal and quest system talks for it self, no arrows pointing where you have to go, you really need to think what you need to do. I've played as a Mage in Morrowind and i'll tell you, if you want some challenge that's the way to go (if you waste your magicka in the wrong situation you better have a potion, otherwise, RUN!). Those who play Morrowind after Skyrim and like it are true fans of RPG because that game is the classical RPG game.

Stormy

The right hand of Talos.
Morrowind is an excelent game. Much more RPG than Skyrim in my opinion. The journal and quest system talks for it self, no arrows pointing where you have to go, you really need to think what you need to do. I've played as a Mage in Morrowind and i'll tell you, if you want some challenge that's the way to go (if you waste your magicka in the wrong situation you better have a potion, otherwise, RUN!). Those who play Morrowind after Skyrim and like it are true fans of RPG because that game is the classical RPG game.

Indeed the game does look challenging, For the more hardcore TES fans i'd imagine!

MyNameIsJon

IDK if its just me but i couldn't stomach morrowind or oblivion for that matter after playing skyrim.. The graphics are offputting... the command screens are chunky and unorganised and it just looks aweful

And you think Skyrim's command screens aren't chunky and unorganized before modding?

Bethesda has never known how to produce decent screens or decent character models for that matter. Their screens have always been huge space wasters. Their character models (player and npc) have always been uglier than sin. Their strength lies in creating beautiful worlds to explore.

kyleekay

Of course graphics are getting better as the era goes on and more sophisticated code get's integrated within newer games, it still can't replace a title that was moving and possess a magical and deep story.

The purpose of this thread, as I perceived it, was to discuss opinions about Skyrim versus the older games in the series, which you are participating in by stating why you like the older games better. I'm sure Stormy isn't the only one who prefers Skyrim over the older games, based on the game play and graphics.

On the topic of logic, in one breath you state that you can't claim one title is better than the other. In the next breath, you claim the older titles are better because of the lore, etc.

Hmm? ;)

I gave you a bad manners rating here because of the "derp" at the end. It was completely unnecessary, and extremely rude. If you truly feel the older ES games are better, then why don't you start your own thread to discuss those opinions? It would be far more productive than speaking down to someone who simply seems to be trying to broaden his ES horizons by gaining other perspectives on the games.

Edit to add opinion: Based on my admittedly limited experience with the older ES games, I prefer Skyrim over the older ones. Why? Because I'm somewhat shallow when it comes to my games, and I prefer to have smooth game play and nice graphics, considering I can find the lore information via Google.

XHardcoreX

Nord Warrior
The purpose of this thread, as I perceived it, was to discuss opinions about Skyrim versus the older games in the series, which you are participating in by stating why you like the older games better. I'm sure Stormy isn't the only one who prefers Skyrim over the older games, based on the game play and graphics.

On the topic of logic, in one breath you state that you can't claim one title is better than the other. In the next breath, you claim the older titles are better because of the lore, etc.

I gave you a bad manners rating here because of the "derp" at the end. It was completely unnecessary, and extremely rude. If you truly feel the older ES games are better, then why don't you start your own thread to discuss those opinions? It would be far more productive than speaking down to someone who simply seems to be trying to broaden his ES horizons by gaining other perspectives on the games.

Edit to add opinion: Based on my admittedly limited experience with the older ES games, I prefer Skyrim over the older ones. Why? Because I'm somewhat shallow when it comes to my games, and I prefer to have smooth game play and nice graphics, considering I can find the lore information via Google.
*SHAPOW*

OckhamsFolly

Morrowind may not be the prettiest game ever, and it's mechanics might be a bit wonky, but you are doing yourself a disservice by not playing it. Despite the decade old graphics, it is hands down the most engaging and immersive game I have ever played.

I'll always play Morrowind because of its divergent questlines, alien culture, and true sense of exploration. Mechanics are important, but negligent compared to the triumphs of this game. While I appreciate finely crafted graphics, they are perhaps the least important aspect of gameplay for me- I play Nethack still.

Morrowind, despite the technical limitations and static AI, was a much more lovingly crafted world with much more detail, more unique and interesting NPCs (and more interesting questlines, too- anyone else remember how your rise through the Imperial Legion started with deciding whether you were going to force a recent widow off her land, or help put her husband's spirit to rest?).

Yes, Skyrim improved on many areas. In my opinion, all of those areas were technical improvements, not creative ones. Back in 2002, Bethesda made something special and did more with less. It would really be a shame if you let Morrowind's dated engine turn you off of experiencing one of the absolute greatest games of all time.

kyleekay

It would really be a shame if you let Morrowind's dated engine turn you off of experiencing one of the absolute greatest games of all time.

I've heard great things about it, and I'd definitely be willing to give it a go. My biggest issue is time... Skyrim manages to suck away all my free time at the moment. I don't know if my brain could handle another addictive game. :p

OckhamsFolly

I've heard great things about it, and I'd definitely be willing to give it a go. My biggest issue is time... Skyrim manages to suck away all my free time at the moment. I don't know if my brain could handle another addictive game. :p

Oh, well, my response was actually more towards the OP.

Time constraint is a big concern. If you take all the hours I've played Morrowind, it's more than a full work year with a 40 hour work week, bear in mind though that I've been playing it for 10 years. But I do recommend Morrowind to anyone looking for a "new" immersive game. It's an enchanting land.

kyleekay

Omg another one...

That explains it.

Here we have two hermits in the same thread. LOL

Kylee, I'll let you off the hook just this once. As it is the first time you locking swords with me. So I will try and be nice :p

Hermit? I wouldn't say so. Finding out about a game series later than some people doesn't mean I'm a hermit, simply that I wasn't "in the know". Can't really fault someone for not knowing about a series that wasn't advertised constantly, compared to games like Call of Duty, etc. Plus I was like 4 years old when TES started. :p To add to this, there is/was no "hook" to be let off of. These forums are based largely on opinions- the only issue I had with yours is the way in which you presented it. No one should have to feel that they lack intelligence due to lack of exposure, or a difference in opinion. Other than that, I feel that your opinion is valid, considering everyone is entitled to have one. I don't wish to "lock swords" with anyone... I just dislike when people talk down to others. Especially since I'm one of those people who is comparatively new to the series. Cheers. :)

Oh, well, my response was actually more towards the OP.

Time constraint is a big concern. If you take all the hours I've played Morrowind, it's more than a full work year with a 40 hour work week, bear in mind though that I've been playing it for 10 years. But I do recommend Morrowind to anyone looking for a "new" immersive game. It's an enchanting land.

Wow- a full work year? That's what I call commitment. :) I'm definitely interested in playing the older games in the series, once I get Skyrim out of my system. I'm extremely interested in the lore, and from what I understand, the older games are the best for that. Maybe I'll request the older games as a birthday or Christmas gift this year. :)

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
And Mass Effect 3 is a better game than Mass Effect 1 because it looks prettier.

Really though, it's completely unfair to compare Morrowind's graphics and gameplay to Skyrim's. You're talking about games that came out 9 years apart; I would certainly hope Skyrim looks better and runs smoother.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
So... I have been youtubing other Elder scroll games, Particularly "Morrowind" and boy was i shocked... The oldest version of ES i have ever played "and actually own" is Oblivion...I have the edition with all DLC's included and i thought that was pretty primitive compared to Skyrim but damn was i wrong... IDK if its just me but i couldn't stomach morrowind or oblivion for that matter after playing skyrim.. The graphics are offputting... the command screens are chunky and unorganised and it just looks aweful.. The reason i love skyrim is for the flow of the game and the amazing scenery that you get while traveling.. (not to mention the beastly looking armour's) the combat in Skyrim is 10000000000000000000000x better and overall i just don't see how people can think that the older games have any playability after skyrim.. (IDK if im going to offend anyone but this is just my opinion) So my question is....After experiencing skyrim...HOW ON EARTH do people pick up morrowind or oblivion and start playing it....Its got me beat xD

Nostalgia, my young, naive, friend.