Xbox 360 Shadr vanished

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I finally decide to do his quest, only to find out he's nowhere to be seen. Within Riften, or at/in the stables, he's not there. In the Bee and Barb, Sapphire is still standing there giving me lip, so I assume Shadr isn't dead, otherwise Sapphire would have left for the Flagon ages ago (right?). I regret not doing his quest on my first visit to Riften, but I was preoccupied with other quests and things.

No, I don't believe he was killed by vampires because I never set foot in Riften during any point in the Dawnguard quest line. I'm pretty sure Shadr would be a permanent ash pile right now if that were the case, but it isn't. So, am I screwed?

JClarke1953

What are you playing on? If it's a PC, there may be something you can type in. If not, you may need to revert to a save before seeing/hearing their discussion.

Does the "pointer" give you any idea where he might be?

Unfortunately, Xbox 360 lol. And no, I can't revert, that was a long time ago and I don't have any saves that go that far back.

There is no pointer because I never even talked to the guy on this playthrough. Thank you for the suggestions though.

JClarke1953

That bites! And if you're on a 360, then I guess you gotta move on. That's what's so "tricky" about some of the smaller side quest's for that platform. If the chance passes, we can't write anything to more or less resurrect someone.

No telling where he may have gone though, and I've had NPC's go missing via Dawnguard without having been to a place. I'm guessing you checked inside the stable?

I did learn that if I fast travel, say to Whiterun, I end next to Dragonhold, and not the front gate. On another char, her home is in Riften, and I always end at the stable, then go into Honeyside from the back door.

I did a bit of looking, and although I've never noticed before, it seems Shadr mysteriously dies sometime after the incident with Sapphire. So I guess there's no real telling. The only other place he could possibly be is maybe in the Ratway, or the beggar's quarter's.

Good luck

Yeah, that's why I should have went with the PC version first.

Really? What characters went missing and for what quests? I've never had a problem with missing NPCs for Dawnguard, except for that one time when I had Dragonborn installed and Gunmar wasn't in Skyrim. I thought I was screwed over, but when I went to Solstheim, I found out he was on Horker Island of all places.

That's a good idea, but wouldn't the guy get butchered in the Ratway? Especially from the lowlifes and the giant fist dude, whom I never bothered fighting?

JClarke1953

I've no idea, the NPC's seem to wander aimlessly at any time of the day (and also because of what Bethesda refused to fix, or left in). Which I figured was why I lost so many NPC's to the Vampire's so many times. I've gotten so I'll take a cart, or run from place-to-place.

When I do fast travel, I make sure it's someplace outside of the township/city, or like in Whiterun, I'll be at the door of Dragonhold. Nowhere for Vamp's to hide. In Riften, I'll go home through the back door, and wait until daylight to venture out to sell my loot. Mainly so there are NPC's to sell to.

Thing is, once she's gotten what she wants of her power's, the citizen's will be on their own.

Those are good ideas. Me, I'm Mr. Paranoid, and I'll be damned if I ever let any NPCs die (yes, I care that much, Skyrim is underpopulated as it is). So that's why I choose a non-respawning dungeon, toss all my materials, armor and weapons for followers, alchemy gear, smithing gear, potions and other items in a container and never ever go close to any cities or settlements throughout the whole Dawnguard questline lol.

I remember a time, even when it was daylight and I thought there were no vampires and was doing the Mephala quest, everything was okay, but I was in the middle of the Dawnguard questline. When I finished the quest, headed out of Dragonsreach and went down towards Warmaidens, Amren was already dead and an ash pile, which stuck there for the rest of the playthrough. Things can happen within the city, even if you're not there, I suppose.

JoeReese

It is quite common for me to come out of Dragons reach and find bodies down at the main gate. Apparently, outside of Dragons Reach is considered "in Whiterun," so that the main gate Vampires will spawn. I've taken to sprinting down there, to hopefully get some of them before they kill all the NPCs.

It might sound dumb, but you could load up on pickpocket potions and try to reverse-pickpocket some decent weapons onto the NPCs. That's what I did, when I was on PS3.

JClarke1953

Hey Numinex! What dungeon do you stash your loot? Does it have an Alchemy and Enchant station close to each other? What about something to sleep on? I'm really trying to not buy a home anywhere so as to keep away from a township/city unless I want to sell stuff.

It is quite common for me to come out of Dragons reach and find bodies down at the main gate. Apparently, outside of Dragons Reach is considered "in Whiterun," so that the main gate Vampires will spawn. I've taken to sprinting down there, to hopefully get some of them before they kill all the NPCs.

It might sound dumb, but you could load up on pickpocket potions and try to reverse-pickpocket some decent weapons onto the NPCs. That's what I did, when I was on PS3.
It sucks that does happen. At least the ones in necromancer robes that drop the vamp gauntlets don't immediately slaughter people and give you a chance to strike first. And thank the Divines your reasons for striking first are justified! You wouldn't want to fight guards and the unholy jerk for stupid reasons lol.

That's a good idea. I'll give that a try in a future playthrough. It's too bad the Xbox 360 version doesn't allow you to reverse pickpocket godly armor onto clothed NPCs though.
Numinex, what time of day are you looking for him?

Here's his schedule...
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Shadr
Thank you for the link JoeReese. I was actually wondering about that.

Hey Numinex! What dungeon do you stash your loot? Does it have an Alchemy and Enchant station close to each other? What about something to sleep on? I'm really trying to not buy a home anywhere so as to keep away from a township/city unless I want to sell stuff.
I don't exactly remember which dungeons are non-respawning since it's been a while since I've seriously played, but I use Darklight Tower when doing the Dawnguard questline. There is an alchemy lab and enchanting table there, but they are not close to each other, I don't believe. You can always switch between Darklight and Fort Dawnguard, since they have everything you need once you get Florentius. And since your horse is right outside, it's convenient if you're carrying too much. If you side with the vampires, maybe you can use Northwatch Keep?

JClarke1953

Hmm, I've not had to sprint (yet) from Dragonhold to the gate to get Vampire's. One thing I've really noticed is that (at least on my XBox), is that nothing really goes on until my char is close. I've seen NPC's remaining still in the market until I begin to descend the stairs. And the same with other townships and cities.

And since only one quest (that I know of) is "timed", I quit hurrying all over to try and do this or get that. Nothing really begins until the Dragonborn starts it. Like joining the Thieves Guild. Like the Pawned Prawn, you're supposed to go break his valuable item to get him to pay up. The thing is, that item will not show up until the quest for getting protection fees is started.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts