Shadowmere,Arvak,or Frost

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wo1f

I personally prefer shadowmere but I lost him and have to use arvak.
which do you prefer?

Gowsh

Old Fart
In my current game, Shadowmere eventually respawned at the spot he was killed.

I'm not sure how long it took. I just happened to be trekking by the place and there he was.

Personally, I'd prefer a horse that minded his own business. That's neither Frost nor Shadowmere.

I haven't tried Arak.

Zappus

I'm not sure how long it took. I just happened to be trekking by the place and there he was.

Personally, I'd prefer a horse that minded his own business. That's neither Frost nor Shadowmere.

I haven't tried Arak.

Haha, for that exact reason i love Arvak! I summon him when I need a horse and he instantly dissapears( not instantly but quite fast) and lets me deal with the enemies in peace.

Its quite ironic that you asked about frost since its the only other horse i accidentally got on this play through.

In general i hate how horses fight in every encounter and then bug out and attack me. Would be much nicer if they ran away from combat, which would be more realistic at the same time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wo1f

I haven't tried Arak.
that's what happened the first time he died, but this time he died while i was doing the theives guild radient quests and had to fast travel a lot so i didn't know until it was too late. :sadface:

SaveVsBedWet

nacman99

i actually hate shadowmere just because he looks stupid with does red eyes and plops. i loved frost because he actually looked like a normal horse but still had alot of hp, but he died in an accident. im currently using arvak just because is very combinient.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
Shadowmere, storm call doesn't affect him and he's practically invincible

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Shadowmere, hands down. Also, a regular horse is supposed to run from the battle if their health becomes too low. I usually purchase the horse from Whiterun just so I can have a steed in the beginning of the game. I've had that horse charge into a fight and then run away as quick. Sometimes though, they aren't fast enough to get away.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
Arvak, I don't need a horse that can fight, I can do that just fine on my own.
I need a horse that I can summon whenever I want, that I don't have to worry about replacing, and looks like a boss.

Kaleia

In my experience, the Windhelm horses are the bravest normal ones.

But Shadowmere is a f***ing demon horse. Thus, Shadowmere hands down.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Depends. If I want a demonic, crazy beast like horse that is agressive, Shadowmere.

If I want a My Little Pony that kicks ass and defends me but also runs when necessary (He actually saved me once...) Then Frost.

or if I'm just too lazy to get both horses, or just don't want to mess with mounting, guiding the horse away, remounting, seeing where the damn horse went, Arvak. He's also good because he's free. Besides mana cost that is. Even though Frost and Shadowmere are free, you can summon Arvak again.

Just depends on the situation and prefrence. :p :)

My friend from Oblivion. The Bandit killer. The only horse that will take a beating from 2 bears and a pack of wolves all while his idiot rider learns how to shoot from his back. A true badass, Shadowmere.

I don't know that I'm going to get Dawnguard, I think the whole Vampires blot out the Sun premise is lame. That said, I'd vote for the one you can Summon when you stagger out of the cave, overloaded, and decide "I could really use a horse right now..."

Pileggi

Arvak is my favourite by far. You can summon him whenever an infinite amount of times, doesn't matter if he dies.

I can't count the number of times I've dismounted my horse to use magic, my horse has than ran away and I'm forced to walk the rest of wherever I'm going. I know this rarely happens with Shadowmere because he fights by your side but having a horse as an actual battle follower is kind of ridiculous!

Arvak will die after 5 seconds if you don't interact with him, allowing you to change from foot to horse whenever you like.

The only real disadvantage is Arvak's health pool, it is very low compared to Shadowmere or Frost and dies very easily. If you like to fight on horse using a bow or melee weapon I wouldn't recommend Arvak and would go for Shadowmere.

Rekamennos

Account closed
Old oblivion shadowmere and ARVAK BY FAR IS THE BEST!!!!!!!! BY FAR!!!!

Rekamennos

Account closed
My friend from Oblivion. The Bandit killer. The only horse that will take a beating from 2 bears and a pack of wolves all while his idiot rider learns how to shoot from his back. A true badass, Shadowmere.
OBLIVION SHADOWMERE FOR THE WIN!!!!

SaveVsBedWet

Arvak is my favourite by far. You can summon him whenever an infinite amount of times, doesn't matter if he dies.

I can't count the number of times I've dismounted my horse to use magic, my horse has than ran away and I'm forced to walk the rest of wherever I'm going. I know this rarely happens with Shadowmere because he fights by your side but having a horse as an actual battle follower is kind of ridiculous!

Arvak will die after 5 seconds if you don't interact with him, allowing you to change from foot to horse whenever you like.

The only real disadvantage is Arvak's health pool, it is very low compared to Shadowmere or Frost and dies very easily. If you like to fight on horse using a bow or melee weapon I wouldn't recommend Arvak and would go for Shadowmere.

Wait, so you mean if Dr. D'Irsei gets Arvak she's going to have to be re-summoning him every 10 seconds unless she babbles at him constantly or makes rubbing him a full time job?

Just can't win with horses huh? That's why there needs to be mountable silt striders.

Sweet Rolls

True Nord 4 lyf yo
Shadowmere has more stamina than any of the others, closely followed by Frost. Arvak seems a tiny bit faster and looks pretty cool. Not only that but he disappears when you dismount him instead of getting in the way when I try to fight.

Shadowmere is the one I use the most though

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts