• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shamus O'Hoolihan

Okay, so I got Severin Manor. I've heard quite a bit about glitches with the weapon racks mannequins, etc. I really like the home and it appears to be the best house in game for display purposes, disregarding Hearthfire because I don't have those houses yet. I'm just wondering exactly what problems people are experiencing before I deck the place out. Any comments on the subject are welcome.

JClarke1953

Well, you can't work the display cases, and for me it's a bit too dark. To do anything on the tanning rack, you'd have to toss a Magelight on the wall. The mannequin's are okay, but two of them are hard to see. I've gone in, and seen the mannequin's without my well won gear, but when checking activating them, the gear shows. Going out and then back in again took care of that.

Also, the shelves that hold Alchemy ingredient's bite. You can't put anything on them, and if you manage to, it might be on the floor later on. So I had to store what I wanted in the barrels. You're also better off storing ore's and ingot's in the chest's. If you try to put them near the forge or smelter, well, the stuff likes to move. It'll be in the room, just not where you put the stuff.

I wish we'd been to allowed to do more inside, move rack's, make more, get rid of whatever. Better lighting would be good, too bad can't make or buy.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
One manikin problem I've had in both Hearthfire and Severin Manner is that it'll get a "favorite" outfit, and refuse to wear anything else. It's sort of wild, really. I tossed an apprentice robe of conjuration and one of the dragon priest masks on it. You know, just so I don't have to have a naked manikin hanging around?

Well later on, I finished up the ahzidal armor quest, and I go to throw that on the manikin. I didn't bother taking away his (favorite) robe. He equipped the armor like a good manikin and I went about my dovahkiin business.

I come back later...and he's wearing the old priest mask and robe again! I sort of get creeped out when these things do stuff on their own (like move, and now apparently dress themselves). So I put my foot down and took away his robe and mask. I stuff them into a trunk at the foot of the bed and put the Ahzidal armor back on him and that was that...

But was that that? I come back later..and yep. He's wearing the robe and mask again. Now I'm sort of confused and alittle afraid for my life. Did this thing cross the room and rummage through my belongings? I go to check the box..The mask is there. The robe is where I left it. I check the manikin: Duplicates! This cheating little doll has gone too far! I stubbornly strip him of his ill gained mask and robes, redress him in proper Ahzidal attire and go off and toss his manufactured mask and robes into the woods.

That was the end of it....Until I built my Lakeview Manor armory. But that's another story all together.

aussiegirlz

I personally haven't had any major issue with the house - it is dark and I adjust my brightness when I am in it. My mannequins sometimes forget they aren't human they will sometimes walk or move their heads like they are watching you - sometimes they float - but they haven't had any issues with their armors - and weapons racks work fine - etc. Love that the armory doesn't require another loading screen to get to it.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Falling through the floor, upon entering the house.

Shamus O'Hoolihan

So nothing that we haven't had to deal with before? I just don't want to put a unique weapon or piece armor on a plaque/weapon rack/mannequin and have it disappear forever

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts