seriously , what is your problem people

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

benathius

in a nutshell.. everyone in the game outside of holds seem to hate me ?

sometimes i will walk past hunters or farmers things like that and its fine but i am being attacked by random kajhiits and argonians and bretons mostly , i would understand if they were assasins ( which in my last game i was attacked by one and so far in this game i have been attacked five times ) or mercinaries or bounty hunters ( again so many more attacks than the last game ) but its not just them, ill get jumped and it wont say "thief " or "assasin " or "bandit " or anything , it will just say "argonian" or "kajhiit" and i dont get it , in this save now to be honest im a total D*ck, im doing dark brotherhood questline and thieves guild but i do kill some other people , would that have anything to do with it ?

Bael

i have that same problem. tho not as nearly as bad as u do it seems. i have started the thieves/dark brotherhood quests also, but i was bein attacked b4 that even. i dont kno wat its about but i thinnk its rather funny. srry i couldnt help more just wanted u to kno ur not alone

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Some of them could be high on Skooma. I've run across Orcs and Wood Elves who will sell me Moon Sugar, Sleeping Tree Sap and Skooma and other times will attack me. I don't recall what I was doing before they attacked but I have been known to waylay passing farmers, Thalmor, and other innocents. If you have done so, the resident population of guards and other fighting types of that hold which you encounter are generally hostile towards you for the next 24 hours. I've seen it happen even if I took out the last witness. I'll be wandering along and a group of Imperials off in the distance will suddenly turn into enemies. Thalmor and Vigilants of Stendarr have also attacked me.

Ungrateful bastards. Don't they know I just saved the world?

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
in a nutshell.. everyone in the game outside of holds seem to hate me ?

sometimes i will walk past hunters or farmers things like that and its fine but i am being attacked by random kajhiits and argonians and bretons mostly , i would understand if they were assasins ( which in my last game i was attacked by one and so far in this game i have been attacked five times ) or mercinaries or bounty hunters ( again so many more attacks than the last game ) but its not just them, ill get jumped and it wont say "thief " or "assasin " or "bandit " or anything , it will just say "argonian" or "kajhiit" and i dont get it , in this save now to be honest im a total D*ck, im doing dark brotherhood questline and thieves guild but i do kill some other people , would that have anything to do with it ?
I see this as a way to make players think about playing as another race. If they were showcased as the stereotype that their race portrays, I think it would have sold the idea a lot better. However, Skyrim is built for players to be able to play the way they want without a consequence of choosing the less suitable race. That leads me to the assumption that this kind of NPC is meant to not only show players that there are other choices, but they can choose to play any race the way they wish to.

benathius

see i thought maybe racial until a kajhiit attacked me for no reason and im not playing as a kajhiit, i also dont kill kajhiits unless i really have to so i dunno what their problem is , i forgot to say earlier aswell, stendarrs dont attack me but mages do , ill often see and fire and ice battle between two mages and usually watch to see who wins but whoever does always turns on me at the end , ,,, must i kill EVERYONE to get some peace !!!!

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
"You shouldn't have come here!"

"You won't leave Skyrim ali- " head gets chopped off ....

I'm only laughing 'cause I used the Auto Perks mod to power up my character as I got sick of being ambushed all the time, so now the outcome of these random attacks is fairly certain to be in my favour. When you get stopped by a group posing as Imperials it is best to pay them and let them walk away, then prepare yourself, take them out and loot your money back.

This is the problem with the "don't fast travel" philosophy...
If you want to get to the other side of the map on foot or horseback, I really don't know how much time and effort it would take to get there because of the hostile situation outside (and sometimes inside ) the towns. Some of the missions that require you to join a group on a raid a long way away from the starting point would take a very long time and several reloads, if you tried to go with them all the way without fast travel, as your group gets caught up in random fights and needed characters get killed, failing the quest. Or you may accidentally hit one of them in the heat of battle, when you're trying to stop them from getting killed, and they all turn on you.... these are some of Skyrim's least endearing moments.... :mad:

I have been careful not to get into crime and almost never kill random chracters unless they attack first, and I still get attacked, but they're mostly either Bandits or Mages. Rarely an Orc. Khaijiits only in some dungeons.

I did once kill and loot a generic Nord, in the night, out in the middle of nowhere, just to get his helmet, (wasn’t worth the hassle) and have since been attacked by another random Nord , so perhaps there is a connection there.

benathius

forgot to say aswell redguards also hate me , orcs seem ok , except for one random orc that actually asked me to kill him ?? weird . i do play the no fast travel although not very often if my mark is other side of the map ill use the carrige to go to a closer town but thats rare usually i walk , it does take longer but it good for levelling because all the in between battles and things like that add to your levelling , also you find so much more to do

Jaeger

This happens to me when I play a Breton. I always get attacked by a fire atronach. Other times a hybrid spellmage like a wood elf archer/conjurer or algonian. 3 bretons, all.

No other playthroughs - imperial, nords, Orc, wood elf, high elf do I get that.

Everybody has been attacked by the xxxxx Mage faction.

benathius

thalmore aswell, hate me , not that i mind that because im actually trying to eliminate them and the forsworn from the game altogether

Professor Skalvar

thalmore aswell, hate me , not that i mind that because im actually trying to eliminate them and the forsworn from the game altogether

Of course the Forsworn are going to attack you. They have been hostile towards everybody ever since the day that Ulfric Stormcloak drove the natives of the Reach out of their own home. In fact, there's a book in the game called "The Bear of Markarth". It explains the whole story a lot better.

orcs seem ok , except for one random orc that actually asked me to kill him ?? weird .

If you talked to that old Orc more, you would have understood exactly why he wanted you to kill him.

see i thought maybe racial until a kajhiit attacked me for no reason and im not playing as a kajhiit

You obviously missed the point in what I said by just posting that. Any NPC with their race as their name will more than likely attack you. My theory simply was that these NPCs are Bethesda's ways of encouraging you to try playing as a different race. It seems to be somewhat accurate since:

A.)You stated that you are NOT playing as a Khajiit.
B.) A random Khajiit attacked you.

By the way, it would be nice if you at least used proper grammar. It makes reading for everybody a hell of a lot easier.

Thomas Liu

tyl089
What is your play style? Are you always trying to help strangers along the way or do you rob and murder them?

I only had one wood elf attack me once during whole game play. All the other times, they were trying to sell me their stuff.

Same goes for Khajits who I like, since I'm always trading with them and once or twice helped them kill off bears and bandits that were attacking them.

I also try to kill as many Thalmors as I can which got me an execution order from them as well as five assassination attempts. Killed them all, and kept their kill orders.

It's a mark of pride for me.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
im rarely attacked since im a redguard but there are some times where foresworn or random travelers will pick firghts just because im to close and they do warn you saying "thats close enough" lol

andrea

they are part of the random encounters, you can meet bretons, khajiit, dark elves and every other race trying to kill you.
but if you get attacked also by farmers and hunters maybe you are a vampire.

benathius

apologies i meant to say i am playing as a khajiit which is why i wondered why i was randomly attacked by one , i did talk to the old orc and i know why he wanted me to kill him i was mearly pointing out that it was weird , i realise the forsworn will attack everyone i wasnt querying that , play style is mixed i will help people if i see them being attacked (unless they are thalmore, forsworn or imperials ) but i do sometimes kill randomers if i they have something i want and i get caught pickpocteing so from that i probably have some enemies, haha i do that , keep all the thalmore orders, assasin contracts , bountys with my name on and all that, not a vampire but considering it and will look into the pros and cons before i decide on it .

P.S. FAO prochelsiefarnsworth if i want to use proper grammar i will, if i dont i wont , im big and ugly enough to make that decision on my own , if you dont want to read it then dont , its a gaming forum not a letter to the queen

christof21

Everytime I go back to Dawnstar or college of Winterhold I get attacked by a dragon, and I have to be really careful how I attack it as it seems the other AI players love attacking me at the slightest hint of a stray sword swipe.

andrea

Everytime I go back to Dawnstar or college of Winterhold I get attacked by a dragon, and I have to be really careful how I attack it as it seems the other AI players love attacking me at the slightest hint of a stray sword swipe.

it happens mostly when you use fast travel, pretty much as a punishment for using it I guess

christof21

it happens mostly when you use fast travel, pretty much as a punishment for using it I guess

I didn't know that, or even associated it with fast travel. What about if I use the horse drawn carriage outside Whiterun? That's not classed as fast travel is it?

Professor Skalvar

P.S. FAO prochelsiefarnsworth if i want to use proper grammar i will, if i dont i wont , im big and ugly enough to make that decision on my own , if you dont want to read it then dont , its a gaming forum not a letter to the queen

Was it really that necessary to take offense to a suggestion I offered?