• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Loxoceles

How do you get Serana to get the cure for her Vampirism? I bring up the subject every time
the the dialogue lines let me and get the same answer, " I'm not talking about that with you anymore."
I have to leave her at Dawnguard Castle because every time I take her on a quest I get advanced Vampirism. I mean not V Sanguiniris or something curable with a 'Potion of Cure Disease.' I get an advanced version of the bug that requires blood. She was a great follower but now unuseable.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
How do you get Serana to get the cure for her Vampirism? I bring up the subject every time
the the dialogue lines let me and get the same answer, " I'm not talking about that with you anymore."
I have to leave her at Dawnguard Castle because every time I take her on a quest I get advanced Vampirism. I mean not V Sanguiniris or something curable with a 'Potion of Cure Disease.' I get an advanced version of the bug that requires blood. She was a great follower but now unuseable.

Are you on Pc? Ive never had that happen b4. She will only get cured at the end of the Dawnguard/Volkihor missions though...

Tryn

Premium Member
Of the followers I've had, Serana is now my favorite. I've not run into the issue of her making me sick. At first I too wanted her cured but I've since come to my senses and realize she's much more useful to me as an immortal.

Loxoceles

I use a PC. I have completed the Dawnguard quests and offed Serana's dad. I like her as a follower but getting advanced Vampirism is a bit of an annoyance. Have to load a save prior to the quest and
leave Serana home, at the castle, that is. The alternative is the
Falion routine. bummer.

Loxoceles

Thankyou Irishman and Tryn. I used the link and found a pretty
comprehensive dossier on Serana. I suspect that I can fix the cure task now. I don't worry about losing her. I can just reload a save and try a different tack that keeps her viable.