• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Scale 1-10 1 is worst 10 is best

• Total voters

SlaveIITheGame

I've noticed when I give a staff to followers they seem to use them for summoning or ranged. Not sure how effective it is, but I must say it does look very cool seeing them with a staff and sword :D

For my character it just seems to much effort to go to menu to switch in and out all the time, kind of ruins the atmosphere for me... and magic effects make my computer have a heart attack :sadface:

Benthos

Proud Mer
Senguine Rose and Wabbajack are staffs, they certainly are my top favorites.
I've noticed when I give a staff to followers they seem to use them for summoning or ranged. Not sure how effective it is, but I must say it does look very cool seeing them with a staff and sword :D

For my character it just seems to much effort to go to menu to switch in and out all the time, kind of ruins the atmosphere for me... and magic effects make my computer have a heart attack :sadface:
That's why you mark items as favorites that you believe you'd be switching out a lot and just hit the favorites button for quick access. For PS3 and 360, the D-pad accesses the favorites as a quick menu.

Jaeger

There's just so much to remember to be a mage and melee is tedious with the changing of spells all the time, plus, unless you're a battlemage, the average warrior is gonna kick your butt if they can catch ya. I've upped my health and stamina so high that you really have to be a dragon priest to even affect me with your spells. If you casting ice spikes, you better be ready to throw a lot, and very quickly cause I'll whirlwind right at you and strike you down if you don't. Maybe I'll try an evil wizard on my next go round. Could be fun, but he'd be more like a dark Gandalf with a staff, spells and a really, really good sword. Besides, I like the beheadings and splatter.

Have you seen the Nemesis at the Skyrim blog?

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
I do use staffs. The Wabbajack. And besides, the few mods I have get me to be able to create scrolls, which are more fitting for me than the staves. They should have worked differently, because you get the best out of staves when you invest alot in magic schools without having much, if not any magicka at all. Right now it would help a warrior more than it would help a mage.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Please tell me you mean Zatoichi mods and not Miraak's Staff.

I gathered a couple of Afflicted dead thralls from Bthardamz and equipped them with one of Miraak's Staff each. Now they vomit and spray poison tentacles everywhere. Silly but fun.
Nope, they're both Miraaks. That would be hilareous to see though. And I can think of a couple of places I'd love to see it happen. If for the reaction more than anything else.

I always give my staffs to Serena or Illia to use. They've got about a dozen each. Always switch to a different one when the other loses it's charge. We have a staff recharging night even week. Can they use soul gems to do it themselves?

agfazzone

Professional Sweetroll Taster
When I saw this thread I thought of how much I use the Sanguine Rose...I use it so much..If I'm in a tough spot with a large amount of enemies, I'll use the staff, let him charge the swarm (usually whoever my follower is goes in too....ugh), and I pelt the enemies with arrows or spells while they're distracted. Good way to increase my archery/destruction skill AND not die 1000 times..:p

other than that I've used the staff of flames and staff of sparks a few times..magelight once to see what it was...then sold it...haha. I haven't come across a Paralyze one yet but that sounds really useful too.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I don’t know why they did not let us to have an un-enchanted staff to be enchanted as we want it. Freaking Neloth sales un-enchanted but you can not enchant it, can you ?

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Personally, I love staves. they may not be the most practical thing late game, especially when your 50% bonus to an element doesn't effect your staff of fireballs, but they're very authentic. and Wizardy. I always make a vow to have one I use religiously in every wizard playthrough. one of the best ones to do this with is staff of paralysis. Not too leveled, and very helpful considering its an expert level alteration spell. also, I wish you could block with staves if you had nothing in your other hand. I think you can only do that with unenchanted ones. :/

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Gaulderson Staff is epic, just sayin

junta

I don’t know why they did not let us to have an un-enchanted staff to be enchanted as we want it. Freaking Neloth sales un-enchanted but you can not enchant it, can you ?

Yes, you can using the staff enchanter. However, you need to know the spell you will imbue the staff with and a few heartstones.

Sean

lost somewhere
I don't use staves mostly because they seem to be a waste.
You need to recharge them, and they typically weaker than any alternative (Sword, Bows, Spells, Powers, Shouts).

The only reason I would ever take a staff is if it is unique, but then I just collect them, and with it easy to make money in Skyrim, I just keep everything I take.
I rarely use staves, but if I do, it would be ones like the Wabbajack, where it has a completely unique effect.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts