Xbox 360 screen size

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kid cutrr

Does anyone know how to make the screen size smaller? Like i can only see about half of the compass at the top of the screen and i can not see anything in the top right corner that comes up. This makes it pretty difficult to navigate around and to know what stuff i acquire. Does anyone else have this problem? Help would be highly appreciated!!

Maz

I have this same problem. Can only see half of the writing in any of the corners of the screen :sadface:

Stone

Retired Moderator
Moved to help section.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm assuming you're playing on a PC in windowed mode. Under the options window you can call up from the launch window you can select a smaller window size.

kid cutrr

yea I'm on xbox.. is there a way i could just adjust my tv then to make it smaller? this really annoys me

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I went ahead and added the Xbox prefix to see if some of our resident Xbox users will peek in on this thread. I know how to fiddle with these settings on a PC but I have no idea what the Xbox equivalent might be. Does it allow you to alter the dimension ratios or anything? Like 4:3 or 16:9? I know my normal television has a menu to change those.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Does anyone know how to make the screen size smaller? Like i can only see about half of the compass at the top of the screen and i can not see anything in the top right corner that comes up. This makes it pretty difficult to navigate around and to know what stuff i acquire. Does anyone else have this problem? Help would be highly appreciated!!

I know exactly what you are talking about, does your TV have a remote that will let you change the picture size ?

Maz

Hm I'll have a look later and fiddle around with my TV. Got it for Christmas so still gotta figure everything out lol.
Thing is, it's perfectly set up for everything else I do; it's only Skyrim that has size problem.

kid cutrr

Hm I'll have a look later and fiddle around with my TV. Got it for Christmas so still gotta figure everything out lol.
Thing is, it's perfectly set up for everything else I do; it's only Skyrim that has size problem.
this is my problem too ! its perfectly fine when i play things like cod or nba 2k12 but then skyrim is all messed up.

xDonna

Can you not go into the game options and see if you can adjust the game screen?
Also, try changing the screen size on the remote.

I had this problem too but it was that I just couldn't see what was being added to my inventory so it wasn't that bad.

Maz

Can you not go into the game options and see if you can adjust the game screen?
Also, try changing the screen size on the remote.

I had this problem too but it was that I just couldn't see what was being added to my inventory so it wasn't that bad.

Looked all around in options but haven't found anything.
I tried all the size settings on my TV but it's only Skyrim with the problem. All of my other games are fine.
Luckily it's just the first few letters of the top left hand message, such as sneak attack, inventory things, and other such messages.

Ironclad

It is your TVs 'aspect' but the sound of it. Dunno what you Americans call it, I'm guessing most of you are USAians, the remote controls settings from: 16:9, Subtitle, Zoom, 4:3... etc. One of these options should sort it.

May I show off a little? I havent got a TV, I play my games on the wall.. 130 inches of HD projected image! My dragons are near lifesized W00T. :p
Smug am I :D

Maz

It is your TVs 'aspect' but the sound of it. Dunno what you Americans call it, I'm guessing most of you are USAians, the remote controls settings from: 16:9, Subtitle, Zoom, 4:3... etc. One of these options should sort it.

May I show off a little? I havent got a TV, I play my games on the wall.. 130 inches of HD projected image! My dragons are near lifesized W00T. :p
Smug am I :D

Na Im British lol.
My TV is set to "autoadjust"
It is fine for every single other game I have. The only game that has size scaling problems is skyrim.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok, this is a paste from an answer given on the Xbox360Achievements.org forums from a user named theNomad:

The way I got around not being able to fully see the menus on my old sony triniton tv, was go to my 360 settings and click widescreen, then in my tv settings switch it to 16:9 aspect ratio, gives me black top bottom borders but least I can see everything.

Jwalker224

that is happining to me to, and i know its not my TV because it is 62 inches, but on the title screen the B in Bethesda is completely cut off and in game any text appearing in the top left corner informing me if a NPC gave me an item or something like that is impossible to read so i often have to look through my items and try to find it, very annoying

footshot

ok in looking for a solutuion to my prob i can help here :)
log out the game Ok all you have to do is go to the Xbox dashboard, go to my Xbox, then go all the way over to the settings. Next go to console setting and then display. Change it to widescreen. Problem solved
.My problem is tat i can not see any of the dam writing as its too small evn close up to a 42 inch tv cant read inventory or items to pick up let alone wether to ask the right question in convo with npc, Any ideas ?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts