Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kulaasvokul

Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fish stick!
Everytime a Draugr pops out of their coffins.. Gets me every time. The first time that happened, I don't think i've ever ran so fast away from something. :p

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I was out in the Reach for the first time with my character. A dragon decides to attack, right as I'm next to a giant camp. So the giants help me kill the dragon, then turn on me. I was like, "Really!?" I then took off, because I had no business killing a giant...nevermind two of them, and their pet mammoths...o_O

Also, my first draugr attacks. They scared the crap outta me. I still jump every time one pops out of a coffin.

The Nonchalant Thief

Bunny shall die!
The first time I saw a Centurion.

When I found a dead chicken in the middle of the road.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I went into my house to test out a new darkness mod and the mannequins decided to fluff with me.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I was walking on the road at night, no HUD, low brightness, and no torch when I see a cart ahead on the road. I hear a rustling, pull out a torch, and see 7 bandits staging a proper ambush.

AS88

Staff member
When I hear Chaurus chatter, makes me shudder!

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
Falmer. Little abominations.

Falmer_simple.jpg

I'm fairly certain I wrote an article on scary creatures in Skyrim. What's that you say? I'm not advertising. Definitely not. :cool:

xReese

When I see giants with those big stick things in their hands.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I think for me, Forbidden Legend was a pretty scary experience, I died soooo many times. It's fine until you get to the second brother and his non-stop shouting sending you twirling through the air like you're a feather. The sound made me jump the first few times.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
When I see giants with those big stick things in their hands.

I believe they're tree trunks with some sort of mammoth bone stuck in the roots.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
It takes a bit to scare me, I'm a pretty decently built 200 pound farmer. A full grown man to say the least. But in Morthal the little ghost girl asks me to play hide and seek. Ok, no problem. Then she mentions it has to be at dark, and something about the other ones knowing. I have not done that challenge, and will not do that challenge until its the middle of the day and I have my wife and a few friends with me. I killed a dragon with a pick ax the other day. But I ain't playing around with no ghost at night.

The House O Horrors quest diddent phase me. But on the way back from the quest... I was on my way to Whiterun looking at the pretty colors of the night sky, I looked down. A wolf head and teeth barred filled the whole screen. No howl, no warning, nothing. Only a quick glance and a growl, I broke my controller (yes broke, clean in two) and screamed bad enough to scare my wife. She was mad at me for scaring her and I was mad at the wolf that killed me. I broke my controller, couldn't fight back. Just had to watch me die.

RavenBlade

Just exploring Skyrim, trekking through snow blizzards, sprinting through forests, just minding my own buisness, then i am just going up this one long hill, and as i reach the top i see a huge giant with his brutal club stomping back and forth on top of the hill. Leg it! I think, running, sweat trickling down my forehead back down the hill. I hear the loud footsteps of the giant chasing after me and think, well, i think it's time for action, thinking i'm some epic Queen of kicking ass. I turn back and there is the agressive giant, right in front of me. My heart starts racing. I get my Wuuthrad out. (The big axe thing given to me from The Companions) and i start slashing the giant, feeling like i can do almost anything, then, out of the blue, a huge black dragon comes swooping down and starts roaring like the powerful monster it is, and starts attacking the giant. I think 'great, this is a good time to run away!' When i am just about to carry on skidding forward i hear a terrible whiney roaring sound and, i know, the dragon died. I look back and there is the pizzed off giant storming forward, aiming for me with it's cursed club!! So i start running again, and then i look back again, i really do not know why, and the giant is about 1 ft away from me, i knew i was in some DEEP pl*** so i just thought to myself 'well, if i wanna save myself i have got to try and beat up this huge rage of fury coming after me' so i get my Wuuthrad out, basically my axe, and start slashing and swiping it at him, then he hits me with a great heave of power with his club and i go spinning up into the sky, and as i see the picture fading, i am still up in the sky, not even falling just wavering about. What a lovely battle :)

RavenBlade

Oh, i have got another scary moment! I remember when i was at i think, Markarth or something, and i saw this priest type guy, something of Stendarr i think. Anyway, i saw him talking to a man asking if he had seen anyone coming in or out of this house, the man was like 'no' and he walked away. I was a bit curious so i started talking to the Daedra Hunter guy and he asked me the same question later. I asked if he needed any help, he said yes and then he said follow me. I followed him inside the spooky old abandoned house and he was talking about fresh food and clean wood someone must of been here. So he went further in, as did i. Then the house suddenly started shaking and rattling and ornaments and pots were falling off the tables and shelves and my remote control was shaking too. I was freaking out by then. Then there was this low voice telling me to kill the guy i followed and the guy was like 'no, i cant die here, not here, not in this way!" And he started attacking me. I attacked back and won and the voice (which was Molag Bal, the Daedric Prince) told me i get a prize, i went down the other bit he was saying 'ah, so close!" then i went down this passageway to the basement and his shrine was there with a skull on it. He rambled on about stuff and about stuff like how he tricked me and i could not get the prize for just doing that, blah blah. So he told me i have to find a priest of Boethiah in these mountains, so i did. I brang him to the house and he got trapped in this cage and i had to beat him up..i had to do some pretty unpleasent things, then i was rewarded with the Rusty Mace, also known as Molag Bals mace and yeah. The mace i had to throw away because it was too frickin heavy but, for a while it came to good use!!

RavenBlade

I have got one last story to tell you about! I have not completed the quest YET, but i have only got one more job so i am close to finishing it. Basically, i was wandering around Morthal and i went in the inn there, cant remember then mame, and asked the barmaid for any rumours. She started talking about this burned down house, and how villagers think the man burnt it for some reason, and how his wife and child died cause of the fire. So i went to the Jarl of Morthal and she asked me to investigate it. So i went to the burned down house and there was the mans childs ghost. I frickin freaked out, she scared the s*** out of me, just a little white figure in the corner. I walked over to her and she was like 'Father, are you my father?' i was thinking in my head 'i'm a woman, why do you think i'm your frickin father?' anyway, i started talking saying no i am a friend. She carried on and said she had no one to play with, and if i could play hide and seek with her. I said yes. So me, my dog and my follower from the companions Faranger we started looking for her. After like five minutes i found this hole with a coffin and this vampire name Lavalette or something was guarding it. I killed her. I pressed activate child coffin and she was like 'You found me!' and told me about the fire in the house. Then this man came over to the vampires body and was like 'Oh, My Lavalette! My dear Lavalette!' and told me about how she dissapeared and went to see Alva (The man who is the father of the ghost girl who lived in the burnt down houses new wife). So then i had to investigate Alva's house by lockpicking it whilst sneaking so i did not get found out and then i took a break from it a while after that. It was a really creepy quest. Little child ghost wanting to play hide and seek with me? Weird vampire girl who communicates with the girl who tries to kill me? And by the way, everytime you walk towards the burnt down house you can hear this ghostly chime. Creeeeepy...:sadface:

RavenBlade

Here are few of mine:

The first pressure plate gate slamming shut when I wasn't expecting it completely jostled me.

Going into a cave and trying to be super quiet in sneak mode when I see 2 frostbite spiders silently decend from the ceiling and land but 5 feet in front of me (I hate spiders).

I was following the path north of Solitude, just exploring with no real purpose. It reminded me of the woods in Little Red Riding hood, with the narrow path and the trees closing in on both sides, and the wind is blowing the snow around. I'm on my mount and I stop at a fork in the road and I'm trying to decide what path to take. When all of a sudden the forest around me comes to life as a huge dragon rears up from the woods directly beside me (he must have been sleeping). It scared the living day lights out of me...My horse and I booked it back towards Solitude with the dragon nipping at my heels. We must of outran it because of the cover because it gave up the pursuit but holy cow was my heart racing.

Haha, i have had something similar like that happen to me before. I was riding on my horse, Shadowmere, and i ended up being chased by a dragon for such a long time. Eventually i gave up and started thrashing the dragon with my Wuuthrad. It died. So kinda the same story.

RavenBlade

Nothings been really scary so far, but meeting the falmer for the first time and a few deadric quests have been creepy

Yeah, i am not too keen on Daedra quests. I mean they are pretty awesome and the rewards are epic, but they are kind of creepy and frightening. Like in Azura's star when you find that corpse and you have to get the star from it and go back to the person who gave you the quest and you have to the battle the corpse back to when it's alive. Plus in Azura's Star i hate going through the place to get to the corpse. IT is spooky :sadface: I also got a bit petrified in the House Of Horror Daedric quest, the voice and the shaking house and the torturing the preist is a bit too much! And the Mind Of Madness quest is creepy too, like when you get the key to the Pelagius (or whatever his name is) wing, and all of a sudden when you get to this long hallway your suddenly in fline clothes with a fluffy hat on and your in 'Pelagius's Mind' and there are all these stone pathways,about three, and the man your looking for (which is actually one of the Daedra Princes!) tells you you have to complete all of the stone pathways quests, and it is pretty weird, especially The Dream pathway where all these creautres from Pelagius's nightmares try to attack him. Poor Pelagius. He was sooo sweet as a little boy :'(

RavenBlade

The bit when your wandering around near Falkreath and you come to a door named 'The Black Door' is really creepy. This weird ghostly voice comes out of nowhere and your like 'wtf!?' and it asks you what is the music of life? I'm just like..errr...bye. I ran off like a girl. So strange and eery and..ohhh. Why is Skyrim so scary at times? :'(

My scariest experience in the game to date was the whole journey into Alftand and eventually discovering Blackreach.

Alftand was scary enough in itself, as it was the first Dwarven ruin I had been in to, and the combination of Falmer and Dwarven automatons was immensely creepy. But little could prepare me for when I discovered Blackreach. It was beautiful and terrifying in equal measure. Probably the highlight of the entire game for me actually.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts