Xbox 360 Saving Glitch on 360?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I want to create another character on my 360, I know if you create a new character on the PS3 it will overwrite your other saves or something to that sort. I would like to know if the 360 suffers from the same problem?

So far from what I've read it seems to be occurring on the PS3, but I would rather be safe then sorry because I would rather not lose my character.

If anyone has had more then 1 character on the 360 HDD without any issues, let me know.

Thanks

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
No, currently you can only have one active character. When you create a new one, your previously saved games are not available to you any longer. You can however (on your first/new game) save your game prior to creating a character to play around with after the initial 5 minute or so intro so that you do not have to go through that if you are not satisfied with your current creation.

Pestilence

Yes, the account for that character will be overridden by the new one you create. This includes manual saves, as well as automated ones. You do however keep whatever achievements you've gained thus far.

A friend of mine started out as a Night Elf and decided he wanted to play Orc instead, so he started a new game. No saves where available to him after the start of his 'New' game. So, as far as I know when you start a new game your old one is replaced completely.

Obviously, if anyone has a way around this please feel free to post that information. At this current time I could not find any on the various search engines I used.

HaxAras

Only Soloution I Could Think OF Which Is Available To Me) Is Have Several Memory Devices and Take Out The Ones You Aren't Using. Anybody Know If That Will Work?

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Only Soloution I Could Think OF Which Is Available To Me) Is Have Several Memory Devices and Take Out The Ones You Aren't Using. Anybody Know If That Will Work?

I have two characters, one on my HDD and the other on the standard memory card, if you use different memory devices you don't run into this glitch, both of my characters are "safe" from each other lol

So that is one way around it.

Pestilence

I feel somewhat stupid, and when I tell my friend an obvious solution he will feel equally as stupid as I do. Thank you much for bringing this to my attention!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I haven't had this issue at all and I'm playing on the 360. You just need to play attention to where your manual saves are. Do that and you are fine. I currently have three characters, an Argonian, Imperial, and a Kahjiit.

I haven't had this issue at all and I'm playing on the 360. You just need to play attention to where your manual saves are. Do that and you are fine. I currently have three characters, an Argonian, Imperial, and a Kahjiit.

Agree with him, there isn't any issue with saves being overwritten. Just watch where your saving your games.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts