• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The containers in archmages quarters and the college room you get don't respawn.
Some will respawn, some wont, but it has nothing to do with them being at the College or the Arch-mages Quarters. The Arch-mages Quarters is not a safe location (which is why the garden regrows if the place is not visited for 30 days)

The furniture containers, ie. cupboards, dressers, end tables, wardrobes and strongbox will not respawn because those containers are not coded to respawn wherever they are found in Skyrim. Everything else at the College of Winterhold (barrels, sacks, satchels) will eventually respawn their contents.

Hey guys. If u want a safe storage place without completing any necessary quests or so there is the "Alchemist Shack" located in "The Rift". To get there ASAP fast travel to "Helgen" and follow the path south which loops around snowy peaks, past "Haemers Shame" untill u enter the Autumn plains of "The Rift" and the alchemist shack is directly infront of you. Its a small shack that has no interior loading. There is an "alchemist journal" ontop of a chest of drawers stating that the owner of this shack has gone out into the forest (he never returns). There is an unowned bed you can use and the chest of drawers can be used as a safe storage without it automatically regenerating. There is a barrel in the corner that contains a few alchemy ingredients but this barrel regenerates. Outside there is a small garden with a few "deathbells" and "nightshades" and an alcemy station (perfect for that lil asassin). And finally located on the bottom shelf inside the shack there is one of the rare "captured Critters" a "captured butterfly". This shack is excellent bcoz its free storage, free bed, and free alchemy. But mostly, u can fast travel here anytime and walk straight into the shack with no loading screens! hoped this helped thnx. =)

Anyone know of any good places to safely store items in the game? Preferrably ones that aren't in the player-owned houses.

I have several hundred hours of gameplay stretched across multiple characters, and in my experience, most barrels are safe if you revisit them within nine game days. My crime lord character has multiple hideouts (taken over from bandits) and various other storage locations., and I revisit all of my storage units weekly as part of my "errands.". For example, I've got a ton of stuff stored on the Dainty Sload, the boat near Solitude, and every time I'm in Solitude, I revisit the ship to check my inventory. Now, the Dainty Sload is unique in the sense that the ship respawns when you activate the Thieves Guild quest of the same name, but i've played through the game enough that I know which locations respawn in that fashion.

Ultimately, if you have a home base (be it a town or a village or a major city) that you return to every few in-game days, you 're safe to stuff there if you follow the nine day rule. I once stored a bunch of stolen booze in a barrel in Solitude for 45 game days, but only because I checked it often enough to reset the respawn timer.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I have several hundred hours of gameplay stretched across multiple characters, and in my experience, most barrels are safe if you revisit them within nine game days....
That, by definition, is not a safe container. The commonly accepted definition among the Skyrim and Elder Scrolls player community of a safe container is one which is not coded to respawn its contents so a player never has to keep track of days away from the container.

Necromis

Yeah by his definition all contains would be safe......if you didn't wait till after their respawn time. LOL

Adam Warlock

Hey guys. If u want a safe storage place without completing any necessary quests or so there is the "Alchemist Shack" located in "The Rift". To get there ASAP fast travel to "Helgen" and follow the path south which loops around snowy peaks, past "Haemers Shame" untill u enter the Autumn plains of "The Rift" and the alchemist shack is directly infront of you. Its a small shack that has no interior loading. There is an "alchemist journal" ontop of a chest of drawers stating that the owner of this shack has gone out into the forest (he never returns). There is an unowned bed you can use and the chest of drawers can be used as a safe storage without it automatically regenerating. There is a barrel in the corner that contains a few alchemy ingredients but this barrel regenerates. Outside there is a small garden with a few "deathbells" and "nightshades" and an alcemy station (perfect for that lil asassin). And finally located on the bottom shelf inside the shack there is one of the rare "captured Critters" a "captured butterfly". This shack is excellent bcoz its free storage, free bed, and free alchemy. But mostly, u can fast travel here anytime and walk straight into the shack with no loading screens! hoped this helped thnx. =)
I found that Alchemist near a pond where he had obviously been killed by a Spriggan. Nice to know the furniture in his shack is stable for my next character`s early game. Thanks

nowhere is safe to put stuff i learned the hard way one time i accidentally stole a bucket next thing i know guard runs up on me with a staff of fireballs

Clau

The Fateless One
Across Skyrim there are thieves that will threaten to gut you if you don't hand over your valuables. But we know that it is the poor thief that will be gutted out. If you're a member of the thieves guild, you have a new dialogue declaring that you're with the guild and that thief will not be hostile.

Also for safe storage, I use the abandoned house in Markarth a lot after the House of Horrors quest.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts