• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
i don't remember if im supposed to give the saarthal amulet and the 3 enchanted rings back to the guy that wanted me to look for them.

No, keep them. I sell the amulet and one ring, disenchant another to learn the enchantment and use thev third until something better comes along.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
so i don't need to give them back to the guy that told me to look for them during the under saarthal quest?
I did and got jack for it, so figure, what's the point. The other part of Saarthal is far more important to moving the storyline forward. Besides, it's not like he appreciates it, he's just insulting.

i thought you couldn't sell them because they are quest items? well i think i tried to put them in my chest at home and it wouldn't let me anyway, after clearing out saarthal I went on to do other quests so I thought they would be needed later on.

Mwhals

I wonder if the completed amulet with its final enchantment can be destroyed on the enchanter. That could make a great enchantment on other items. I might try it after a save.

To the OP, don't sell the amulet fragment. It will become one of the best amulets in the game. Actually, I don't think you can sell it since it is a quest item.

Daelon DuLac

i thought you couldn't sell them because they are quest items? well i think i tried to put them in my chest at home and it wouldn't let me anyway, after clearing out saarthal I went on to do other quests so I thought they would be needed later on.
You do need to finish the quest before you get to keep them. That just means getting down in to the bowels of the cairn with the wizard you're with. The amulet is just a key and the guy who wants the artifacts doesn't even care. The rings are really moot.

SPOILER: Ya gotta get trapped first! Watch out for ghostly messages.

There seems to be some confusion by posters about the Saarthal amulet and the Gauldar fragment, both found in the same quest. The Saarthal amulet is of little value, both if used or sold. The Gauldar fragment however is the starting point for q quest that will eventually provide a very useful artifact, the Gauldar amulet whoc adds 30 to Magic, Health and stamina.

Daelon DuLac

There seems to be some confusion by posters about the Saarthal amulet and the Gauldar fragment, both found in the same quest. The Saarthal amulet is of little value, both if used or sold. The Gauldar fragment however is the starting point for q quest that will eventually provide a very useful artifact, the Gauldar amulet whoc adds 30 to Magic, Health and stamina.
Agreed. Me, I was referring to the Saarthal Amulet you get at the beginning of the adventure. I agree that the Gauldar fragments, once reforged are a pretty respectable piece. I don't use it any more, but I do still have it.