• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not can this be moved to a proper place? I plan to create a blog about an upcoming character. I kind of wanted some pointers on the character itself. I have the basic framework but wanted some ideas about fleshing him outa bit. So I had the idea of a former Vigilant of Stendarr who has turned his back on the Order and chosen to revere the Daedra. He will still fight as he did in the order, with a warhammer and Alteration magic, but will also use Conjuration. I will introduce him formally when I start the blog. But I could use arew ideas. Feel free to lend your advice

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not can this be moved to a proper place? I plan to create a blog about an upcoming character. I kind of wanted some pointers on the character itself. I have the basic framework but wanted some ideas about fleshing him outa bit. So I had the idea of a former Vigilant of Stendarr who has turned his back on the Order and chosen to revere the Daedra. He will still fight as he did in the order, with a warhammer and Alteration magic, but will also use Conjuration. I will introduce him formally when I start the blog. But I could use arew ideas. Feel free to lend your advice

Sounds like a rebellion.

Where his father was a veteran of the order. Gaining prominence and rising in the ranks. In being in such a position, he actually learned much about the Daedra in his time. Others in the order soon learned of this "intolerable" act of blasphemy to them and what they stood for, were starting to become heavily unsettled and soon word of this spread to other members. His father learned the Daedric secrets and learned to speak their tongue. For this "fondness" as you could probably suspect one would tend to distrust such a character and soon a plan for his demise was soon to follow. One evening during a meeting with order members, his father was laying the ground work to integrate Daedra in society, ideas of what he considered and shown by the Daedra infact showed mortal imperials and elf alike and quite plainly (i.e. man) that he was inferior and wisdom he knew not of the great Daedra. With this speech the order struck the final blow and round him up and held him in their custody. As a young boy this Vigilant of Stendarr witnessed his fathers execution by the order on his return from the field (i.e. battle) Only to walk in the gates with every one in the order's estate standing glaring at the young Vigilant of Stendarr. Then words echoed from the master to the shaking pitiful look of the Vigilant, "And you shall know from this day, this order has no tolerance for any ideologies in integrating Daedric scum in the world of men. The father enshrouded, bounded in chains in a cage was burned to death by a fire mage in front of the young Vigilant.

And so any character needs a good cover story. This could be used to cite vengeance in the character. Swearing to over turn the Order.

So he would probably use, Conjuration of Daedra. What could be better then aiding the Daedra to spill the order's blood.

Daedric armour and Daedric war axe.

Just some ideas...

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
Hmmm... I like the whole "You killed my father, now you die." I have the idea though that they hid this from him. Or that his father did have an interest in Daedra. Not worship worthy, but just a fascination. Well, hes accussed of heresay and executed. Well, he gets forcefully inducted as a baby. (Ill save details later). He finds out about this. And defects. They do not want him to give secrets to the public so they try to stop him. He flees to Skyrim. Start from there. As for skills, he will use a warhammer and Alteration and Conjuration. I might make him a Vampire, but I do not know what other factions. Any ideas?

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
The Vigilant order of Stendarr were a sort of organization formed for the soul purpose to combat Daedra for the Empire. That makes them a faction in their own rite. Making him a vampire... Would over do things, and for me that would be inappropriate. I think that it doesn't exactly keep with the theme here, that being, Man vs Daedra.

But in hiding the execution could also be another plot to the story. I think that keeps with the "priestly" nature of the order. Except with the plot of execution in front of the young vigil, that's a recipe for absolute vengeance making it more extreme. But then you'd expect that from a bunch of priests with foresworn costumes under their beds. lolz. But remember these priests are not these merciful "bless you my child" lame fools, no. These are discriminating radicals that are Daedric hunters. Zero tolerance for any thing Daedric.

If you must continue in assigning him to another faction, the only other appropriate one would be the Mythic Dawn. But this shifts heavily from a group of fanatical killer priests to a much more extreme group of fanatical Daedric worshipers, making this a religious faction more of a waring one. Imagine the serious effects and tainted mind set that will start fogging his psychology with tastes of Daedric divination from something he grew up hating religiously. Still occultic like the Vigilants of Stendarr. But seriously a heavy shift.

DurableDiction

Paladin of the Old Order
I see your point. He (I am thinking f name) doesn't want to worship the Daedra, just use them to his advantage. It is more out of spite than anything really. The Order pretty much raised him in lies. They hid the truth from him, now he wants to enact his vengeance, but he knows he can not do it alone. The Mythic Dawn is gone. So he can not use them for help. Really the only person I know of that dislikes the Order as well is Isran, but I doubt he would help. Vampires hate the Order, but he refuses to become that attached to a Daedric Lord.
So, I do not know. Maybe he starts his own Order? He could become a pseudo-Macbeth in a way, only out for his own self and caring little about who dies along the way. He uses the order he has created as just an assurance that he will have the numbers to go against the Vigilant. Perhaps he becomes tormented with his hatred for them. They raised him, his life is a lie. He has (falsely) committed himself to numerous Daedra. In the end, he becomes just as bad, if not worse, than the very thing he is fighting. He unknowingly becomes just as irrational and bloodthirsty as the Order (so he believes) is.
Of course, maybe I am over-thinking it, and the solution could be much simpler.

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows
You see the Mythic Dawn are one of those things that will never go away. And it hasn't. This tainted divination of Daedra is still in practice even right now.

As long as there Daedra around there are the Mythic in waiting. Service to the high and mysterious Daedra.
A sort of Satanism with elements of "Daedreality" (i.e. the inter breeding between man and Daedra.) We see traces of this all the way into the Shivering Isles, where Jyggalag (i.e. The mad one) even bedded one of his Dark Seducers, An imperial Malgor bedded a Golden saint in the older wars between the Dark Seducers. A myth that if he had sex with a dead saint that his soul shall be purified and sent back to Camorans paradise. The myth also states and I quote in the book of "Barbathagor" Daedric lord of Vishgar ""And he that feels this urge of a million horses treading in the blood of thy viens to bed the dead saints in the swamps of spilt Daedric blood and unto her sanitize all his impurities, to fertilize my dead saints after battle. Showith to me thy lust for Daedric grace. The thing that is strikenly cloaked in darkness to the mind is, Daedric hybrids. Could it be that Sheogorath was a type of Daeric hybrid in human form.. A sort of demi God amongst men and elf. Possessing the Evil and malice of Daedra in him. In essence this area of discussion hasn't been fully studied in depth I'm afraid. Only the practitioners of the Arcane can ever hope to gather such knowledge.

This only addresses your statement about the disparent Mythic Dawn. What only appears to be hidden but is really the darkness unseen by everyday society. The Daedra have become beasts of a personal advancment in I dare say a sub spirituality. Seeking them for council and guides as if they mimic your personal guadian angel. As far fetched as this may seem, the evidence is there. There are many flavours of this dark religious fanaticism and tainted obsession with Daedra amongst the Mythic novitiates.

Whilst the Vampires hate the Order, the Daedra are no more to them like Buddists are to Muslims. So with this hypothesis, I cannot feel any sort of feeling of aggression or hate in making this character a Vampire.

However in making his own order... Hmm, that has some good basis.

Suppose he were to create an order in support of his fathers ideas? Gaining followers and allying with the Daedra. That can indeed be used.