• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey guys i need some help here.

So i got married to Lydia through console commands. Then i got bored and killed her (lol), and now i want to marry this Orc chick named Borhakh the Steel Heart. Problem is she won't recognize the amulet of mara on me :sadface: . So whats the problem here? Any thoughts? She's a follower.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
My Advise is stop whoring yourself out to every girl that says she'll carry your burdens... ...just kidding.

Oh comon you and i both know Lydia was a gold digger. But this chick is different, she's an Orc like me and she follows me everywhere. So i want to marry her and plant her in a house when i dont need her... otherwise i gotta treck back up to her plopsty orc village to get her.

Bump heeelp. I'm thinking it might be because i just (persuaded) her to leave her village instead of paying her dowery... could that be it?

Epsilon

Shaun
ummm yea about lydia, i was planning on marrying Lydia (i digged the snarky attitude) but while doing a companion quest i got backed into a corner, so i turned to a werewolf and started swinging away and the dumbass jumped in front of me and she died. And since my health was low i feasted on her, thats what she would have wanted. Time to find someone else i guess

Rshizz11

War Lord of the Forgotten
Have you used console commands to reset your marriage status? If not, that may be your problem. I don't know the exact command, but you could probably find it online... somewhere.

Have you used console commands to reset your marriage status? If not, that may be your problem. I don't know the exact command, but you could probably find it online... somewhere.

Yeah i have tried which makes me think my "reputation" with her isnt high enough... like maybe i need to do some sort of quest at her tribe or something.

Rshizz11

War Lord of the Forgotten
Yeah i have tried which makes me think my "reputation" with her isnt high enough... like maybe i need to do some sort of quest at her tribe or something.
If there even is a quest involved with her/her tribe, in which case you may be screwed if there isn't. Or you can console command-force marriage her, be warned though, this is somewhat buggy and screw you over even more.

stagnant94

i accidentally married someone who it turned out i later had to kill for the dark brotherhood, i was thinking to myself, wife, or dark brotherhood?
her body lies in the secret room in Hjerim

Xiomn

I'm so very sorry for your loss, if there is any way i can help don't hesitate to give me a call. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, sorry. :cool:

Well it might be since Lydia isn't legit able to be married, she doesn't have an inheritance letter you recieve upon her death like others, so it still thinks you are married. If you use console to reset the quest, you will be fine. Go on the wiki page about marriage and the commands will be there, use the one about reseting the quest, cuz you have nobody to reset your status with.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts