• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
I have gone through the entire dawngaurd quests for the dawngaurd. My question is I am role playing a demonhunter, and I wanted to know if this sounds viable. Imagine this, I am the demonhunter and I have destroyed the vampire race. In the process of killing Lord Harkon, I was infected and there is no cure. I do not use the powers unless absolutely necessary. At most I was thinking using some of the abilities but not using the lord form. Does this sound viable? If not could you think of another backstory as to why a demon hunter is a vampire?

(Please bear with me as this is my first "good" character. And apologies for English it's not my native language.)

sticky runes

It could be your curse - your vampirism forcing you to know what it's like being one of the creatures that you hunt, and constantly having to resist the temptation to feed on people. You could still use your vampiric seduction to calm enemies. You may need to enchant many of your apparel items with flame resistant enchantments, and your weapons with draining effects, since you can't recover naturally while traveling during the day.

Of course, if you ever do fancy using the vampire lord form, you could use it only against bandits, so that Skyrim's outlaws and criminals become your source of nourishment and power against the supernatural evils that are out there. Don't know if any of this helps.

AS88

Staff member
^ This is good. One thing I'd do differently, is become completely nocturnal and fight the vampires on their terms (which are now yours due to your weaknesses). Become separated from the Dawnguard slightly, after they cast you out somewhat despite all you've done for them, and maybe travel with Serana who knows what it's like to be cast from her own. Maybe dabble in Illusion or Conjuration magic, and RP a loss of affinity for fire magic, preferring frost instead. Vampires and the Dawnguard provide so many opportunities for RPing, despite it being quite a shallow addition story-wise :)

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
That's the thing, as a demonhunter I use fire spells and restoration offense spells, would I still use the restoration?

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
In a sense of RP aspect, you could pretend Restoration makes you feel a little better? You could devote yourself to a different god/ess and perhaps Daedra meridia, if your character still has the sense of goodness in him/her. (Though meridia hates all beings of undead you could pretend she took pity on you because you were the almighty slayer of undead and in a sense use your new found powers against the monsters of undead and to perhaps one day find a cure)

Every now and then go a little savage and feed on people by accident because you are hungry.
And, even though you can transform when you want, set a time, every few days, maybe weekly where, like you are hungry, you go ballistic and transform(Like a werewolf)

One other thing, as a user of fire spells you have no fear of it as a vampire though still hurt by it.

sticky runes

Restoration isn't just for healing, you also get those exorcism spells that scare off undead, so you can use that to show your power against "lesser" demons and undead. You could also use your heal other/healing hands spells to aid humans. You can be a demon of mercy!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Well, getting a cure via Black Soul Gem (Falion) is waaaaay worse than almost anything.....

So, your character is a good person that would never stoop to that level just to benefit him/herself.

Zoch

I see three options that I could choose in this situation. A- Despise your form and do anything necessary to prevent your bloodlust from overtaking your moral code. B- Go insane and join the other side, embracing your dark side. That may be a tad cliche. C- Embrace your vampiric power, but use it for good, feeding on vagabonds and criminals while crusading as a demon for good. Sometimes I like to split my save into two separate branches where I take different paths and see how my char progresses differently.

Your back story is feasiable. As mentioned above an example is Ghostrider. Another example with a twist is Malus Darkblade (black library books). Possessed by a demon he fights for his soul by gathering items. But the more he relies on the demons gifts to obtain these items the more difficult it will be to reclaim his soul.
Ultimately, if he's a demon hunter set out to rid the world of vampires, he would kill himself "for the cause".

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
I like the RP idea, it's a very good one. I personally agree with Zoch, because there are multiple ways to go with this. But another idea is to live in seclusion. You say, wipe out a bandit camp and live there. From a roleplaying aspect, you don't want to harm the people in any way, shape or form, so you must separate yourself from them. You go out and feed on, say bandits and such, and go to a major city to buy a bunch of food for the next few days. Not the most exciting idea, I know, but it makes sense through a roleplaying aspect, and no one has suggested it before.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts