• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Niq

I don't even know what to say Psiberzerker except wow!

I am really into the first paragraphs ideals, portraying Malacath's opinions and using them to smite peoples that do not accept my orc or his "abilities" and i can't really think of a much better way to gain vengence than slaughtering someone just to bring them back and use them to my own ends.
Also being a Necromancer does add slightly to being classed as an outcast i would suggest.

deffinately food for thought. Thank you

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Oh my Necromancer isn't exactly honorable. I steal people's souls and eat those I can't raise with dead thrall, when going into battle I go with an undead army that is highly destructive, from the use of the ritual stone and aetherial crown. Giants, draugr, bandits, hunters, necromancers/other mages, vampires, stormcloaks, imperials, bears, wolves, saber cats, spiders. I then cast call to arms and rally, which with the master of the mind perk works on undead, this with fortify illusion potions, necromage from restoration and being a Vampire Lord makes your undead army deadly effective. None can oppose your army, not even dragons. With the added bonus of Necromage, being a Vampire and fortify illusion potion, your force gets a huge benefit from the illusion spells.
You sound like you'd be fun as an opponent! Too bad there's no sharing on Skyrim. I can just imagine meeting your army, cutting a deadly(? since they're already dead) swath through 'em only to raise 'em with my own spell and have them fight their brethern to the last man/thing. Then, of course, we could go out for a mug o' mead or something and discuss tactics.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Doesn't matter too much on level, having an army of say ten, with the added bonus of the illusion, the master level spell granting them 25 points in health, one handed, two handed, marksman and stamina for 10 minutes. Then you add in illusion spells are 100% stronger or even higher, with the bonus from Necromage and being a Vampire and using a 50% stronger illusion spells potion (You can even find 100% illusion strength potions in loot) Then you add in rally and courage, since it stacks, you can triple the bonus health of your army.

Hm, Orcs are very proud smiths so they tend to make their weapons... I suppose you could say he was an Orc shaman or something? You can make up whatever you want, it becomes grey area when dealing with honor by the sword and using magic as your weapon.
I'll stick with my amesia story until I can think up some background.

I am really into the first paragraphs ideals, portraying Malacath's opinions and using them to smite peoples that do not accept my orc or his "abilities" and i can't really think of a much better way to gain vengence than slaughtering someone just to bring them back and use them to my own ends. Also being a Necromancer does add slightly to being classed as an outcast i would suggest.
I just thought of another possible position. Since there's no Necromantic Lore for the Orismer (As there is with Dagoth Ur, and the Dragon Cults, for examples) this character might actually be the Lich/Warlord in training to "Purify" the world in death. An Outcast to the Orismer, and Malakathi religion, that would make you somewhat of a Meta-Misfit {Necromancer robes, definites} pretty much outdoing even Malakath in His own Aspect! Of course, this would put you at odds with your kinsmen, so you would probably pall around (If you'll pardon the pun) with Dunmer, and Manmeri (Breton) associates due to their greater anscestral experience with Necromancy...

{As a side note in referance to the Necromancer Robes, this is the Misfits' Teeshirt with a logo stolen from an old movie called The Crimson Ghost:}
Misfits-Detailed-Crimson-Ghost-Shirt-F2.jpg

This wold be the Mission Motivated Megalomaniac, undoubtedly Eeviiil, except if your moral compass has flipped 180 to point South. (Shared pathology with the likes of Hitler, and Manson.) In this case, he would consider Life as Evil, the source of all wrongdoing in the world. Blames Mortality for making people selfish, and competetive, Race Wars, even the Altmer use their Immortality to lord it over the puny inferior mortals.

Unfortunately, He lacks the charisma to conver people the old fashioned way, by convincing them, so he seeks the path of least resistance: Kill them, and make them Obedient, Immortal (Once he gets to Dead Thrall) perfect people. You don't see Draugr fighting amongst each other, right? To them, it doesn't matter if they were Elven, Human, or even Beast in life, now it is one race, to bring the world to perfect Utopia.

So, no Speech, and don't become a Vampire. That's the wrong way, because it's contagious, and dependant on mortal feed stock. A society of Vampires would have to either raid their neighbors, capture, and breed livestock (people, "Make Room Make Room!") or probably both. His ideal would be peaceful, happy (or at least not sad) perfect, and unending. Of course, most people don't understand his Vision, so have to be converted for their own good, as well as the good of Tamriel.

This is how you get Peace by the Sword. You are the Villain, deluding yourself into the Messianic Hero, and opposed by the conservatives out of fear of Change. I'd probably call him a Necromonger.

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
My opinion on "Necromancy" is a bit biased. Having played Dungeons and Dragons since 1978, it's been ingrained into me that Necromancers (i.e. Liches, Wights, Reveants, etc.) are inherently evil. However, there are gods within the D&D mythos that are reserved for those that seek knowledge and immortality. These Gods are not evil, and Conjurers are revered and looked upon as pivotal and honored members of society.
My "Necromancer" is a fallen High-Elf/Vampire that IS evil, and as such I use my skills to decimate and dominate any and all who would oppose me. This is how I see my Necromancer. I had a Mage, level 26, that I had, until his retirement, been playing in D&D since early 1982. He is now a Lich and is immortal and a Necromancer. My Philacraty (the vessel all Liches use to store there soul in so they can remain immortal) is made of obsidian and guarded by wights of extreme power and skill. In the world of D&D, I was feared throughout the lands I had carved out as my own (This was in the Ravenloft setting).
In Skyrim, it is clearly stated at the college that Necromancy is NOT illegal...just frowned upon cause it is vastly misunderstood. There are very powerful mages that practice the dark art and they are not in any way evil. It's all on you as to how you play and portray your character.

Continuing on with the Necromonger concept, you'd want a backround of Pain, but written to emphasize the bias against Life. This would perpetuate the delusion that causes him to blame it for all the evil in the world. No doubt lost his familly, violently, probably to the Aldmeri Dominion (A mixed unit of Altmer Mages, Bosmer Archers, and varios armored Infantry) possibly his whole villiage. Praying to Malakath, he's berated for being "Weak' and instructed to find the power for Vengance. At this point, he's just got a bad case of Monte Cristo Syndrome, but the first taste of Power he gets is necromancy.

By his soon to be Master, he's taught, and somewhat brainwashed into his anti-life worldview. He lost his Familly, because mortal life ends in death. necromancy begins with Death, so if you're killed somehow, it's just as easy to fix, "Good as new!" Of course, it's too late for his family, but with this new found knowledge, he sets out to seek acceptance, and slowly gains power...

You know what they say about, Power, though, right? "Absolutely!" This is not a healthy pathology, and most people recognize it, legal, or not.

Reactions: Niq

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts