Xbox 360 Roleplaying a healer! Need advice.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
I know the idea of playing a healer/cleric/priest isn't really original, but I think the way I'm going to do it might be. My character, of undecided race/gender/name, will wind up at Whiterun (deliver dragon news, stay there). He'll then do the quest for Danica Pure-Spring at the Temple, unlocking her as the master level restoration trainer. After that's done, he's going to become her understudy, learning to become a legendary cleric. In order to pay for the lessons, he'll chop wood during certain weekdays and pay for them on the others. In between both, he'll work at the temple - healing the wounded there (Heal Other) and cleaning up (dropping a bunch of junk and picking it up before waiting). Other times he could clean (take the plates, 'wash' them in the pool outside of the Whiterun gate, return) and chop wood for the Temple as opposed to selling it (putting it wherever the fuel should go). You get the idea.

Illusion will also be made use of - mainly for the courage/calm spells. I guess you could call it a pacifist of sorts.

Do you wonderful lot have any suggestions for the race/name/standing stone? Why would he/she get arrested on the border? What's their background story? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of a story involving a remote settlement and a vampire attack, so I can eventually do Dawnguard, but who knows...

(note, will not necessarily be a male despite me referring to him as a 'he' in the post)

Volanere

Grand Magister
You could say he got arrested on the border cause he was healing stormcloack troops, but he is completely neutral on the war he just heals everyone. I would go with a High elf but a nord seems to be more reasonable for the situation as far as names and standing stones i dont know what to tell you ive never played a healer. My only concern is how is the character going to make the money to pay for the expensive training cost? and what other perks would a healer have?

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Just a little comment, Imperials have the best starting restoration.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Thanks for the input but in the end, I went with an Altmer. Not because they make good mages mind - they're one of the two races, alongside Argonians, that I haven't seriously played on Skyrim before. :eek:
Also a good choice, ha. I hope your healing build is all you hoped it would be :)

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
Also a good choice, ha. I hope your healing build is all you hoped it would be :)

Thanks! I'm currently chopping wood in Whiterun (as I type this) to pay for my first batch of lessons. Already leveled Illusion up a little with Muffle. I swear, if that guy goes on about his tender rack of ribs for much longer...:mad:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts