role playing help?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renji

I'm planning on making a sneaky archer type character but before i play i need to have a good role play story to help me go the right direction. I dont just want to join guilds for the money or armor i want to have a reason to do the stuff i do.

I usually come up with a good role play for my characters but can't pick up one for this build. If you could help please write a little story about my character to help me go in the right path.

***BTW i am a wood elf(male) and want to play as a teen, preferably age 16-18***

Renji

I'm planning on making a sneaky archer type character but before i play i need to have a good role play story to help me go the right direction. I dont just want to join guilds for the money or armor i want to have a reason to do the stuff i do.

I usually come up with a good role play for my characters but can't pick up one for this build. If you could help please write a little story about my character to help me go in the right path.

***BTW i am a wood elf(male) and want to play as a teen, preferably age 16-18***
OH YEA!! I forgot to add i want to be a thief type build :p

mrotto18

Ah, yes roleplaying, the major reason one (I, for one) plays these kinds of games.
The age (appearance-wise) is of cource done in the character creator in the beginning of the game. But, it's of cource just easiest imagiening "you"' are very young.
I'm no lore pro, but I can give a shot a trying to help. Since you want to be a thief built, you might want a thief persona as well. I'd say something i lieu with having been driven away from your home town becouse of you unusual perception of the finer details of ownership. This also fits well with the background being shoved upon you in the beginning of the game(having crossed the border into Skyrim). You could build it up around this kind of story quite easily.
Best of luck!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
What happened to the Nightblade I wrote up for you?

MushroomGenius said:
Now this was a mark worth owning. A notch on the wall I could proudly tell my kin about. The one contract that will right the wrongs in my life, prove to the world that I'm to be respected, admired, even feared. Drelas.

For too long this rogue mage has evaded capture. He immediately fled Imperial City when word of his "experiments" got out. Too many young Dunmer were missing for it to be mere coincidence, including the daughter of the Dunmer High Envoy. Immediately a reward went out for his capture and every lawman, tracker, assassin, and milkdrinker with an attitude was on the hunt. Everyone's leads went dry. Most gave up within the first two months despite the ever increasing bounty.

Some hired thugs out of Black Marsh supposedly found him holed up in a cave along the coast of High Rock. Drelas left their charred remains in that cave, their heads on pikes just outside the cave entrance as a warning. They were fools. Completely over matched, in it just for the money.

Me, I'm no fool. I have an advantage. This Nightblade knows Drelas. Or at least I knew who he used to be. He used to be driven, used to be trustworthy, until he lost her. He was a mess after she died. He stashed her body deep in some abandoned mine in Skyrim, said the brutal cold would help preserve her. Drelas had found an ancient tome that was supposed to help him brew the "Elixir of Life" using tissues collected from the bodies of Dunmer children. I know he was close, but what would she truly be like? Would she be mad? Crazed? All he needed now was the legendary White Phial to concoct this potion and bring her back. How do I know all this? His wife was my sister.

I never liked him. I tolerated him because my sister loved him, but him refusing to give us her body for proper rites severed all ties we may have shared.

So here I am, about to cross the border into Skyrim, probably the worst climate imaginable for a Dunmer like me. It's bitter cold, unrelenting, and I hear the local Nords have no sympathy for my kind. I will find that bastard, savor every second as I emerge from the darkness to drive my dagger between his ribs. I'll forever remember his last gasp of breath as I look him in the eye and smile. I may never find her, but at least she'll be forever at peace.