• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Well it's official. Aravis my dark elf is retiring. After a very eventful journey which has included killing for the Dark Brotherhood, thieving for the Thieves Guild, joining the Companions, becoming a top Mage, dabbling as a Bard, living as a vampire, werewolf, cannibal, tomb raider, Stormcloak, and a legendary archer, this Dragonborn is settling down to the domestic life in her cozy home in Whiterun with her wife. For a game with no end, I believe finding the right moment to retire your character is key, and this is the time. It's been a good run...but I'll be back in time with a new character and new 'old' adventures.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I gotta retire mine soon. I just don't know how to give that character up, even though I never play it anymore. I can't bear to delete it... :eek:

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I gotta retire mine soon. I just don't know how to give that character up, even though I never play it anymore. I can't bear to delete it... :eek:

I never want to delete any of my characters but I do it anyway because I know I'll never play them again. But it would be nice to load them up from time to time and reminisce about them.

I'd like to actually get a character to a point where they can be retired for role-play purposes and not just because I want something different.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

I'd like to actually get a character to a point where they can be retired for role-play purposes and not just because I want something different.

I wish characters would actually age and then you'd eventually get weaker and HAVE to retire. That would add some nice realism.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.

I wish characters would actually age and then you'd eventually get weaker and HAVE to retire. That would add some nice realism.

You can role-play that as long as you have the DLC to change your character's looks. Can't remember which DLC it came with or her name but she hangs out in the Ragged Flagon. I haven't ever used it. Then to make your character "weaker" just make their skills Legendary. I've mentioned it before but I'd like to see someone make ALL their skills Legendary. Pretty sure nobody has gone that far since some skills take forever to level.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

You can role-play that as long as you have the DLC to change your character's looks. Can't remember which DLC it came with or her name but she hangs out in the Ragged Flagon. I haven't ever used it. Then to make your character "weaker" just make their skills Legendary. I've mentioned it before but I'd like to see someone make ALL their skills Legendary. Pretty sure nobody has gone that far since some skills take forever to level.

I've never made them all legendary, but I've made a few. Yeah, some take ages. :O You know what would be interesting? A mage who, in his youth, becomes a Master mage, but then as he ages, he starts to forget his magic. Then, when he's as old as the Greybeards, set his magic skills to legendary. That would be REALLY interesting.

Wildroses

This is why I usually make sure my characters buy a house, get married and/or adopt. So that when I stop playing them I can imagine they decided to give up adventuring for the sake of their family. I'm addicted to alchemy so nearly all my characters probably fund their retirements with potions, and the ones who aren't alchemists probably make a great living making enchanted weapons.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
You don't have to delete your character necessarily, just start a new save and keep your old last save for old time's sake.:) As for turning all your skills to legendary, that is a very interesting idea, provided you have enough interesting stuff to do after, and not just little boring side quests left. I retired Aravis at level 51, and had about 4 skill trees at a 100, 2 of which I turned legendary. Smithing and Sneak, while Archery and Light Armor I left at a 100. It is possible to get every skill to a hundred, as I found smithing actually took the longest, archery took forever too. Everything else leveled up fairly fast in comparison as I had most skills at 40/50 when I retired.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I had my dark elf, Incubus sitting around his Lakeview dining table with Serana and Jzargo sitting beside him. I took a good save screen of the 3of them and they will remain in stasis until I feel like reeking havoc again. Two of them are vampires and Jzargo is a master mage so none of them should age too much while I'm gone :p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member

I did that. It is more than worth it as far as making your character more powerful. The extra attributes stats more than make up for it, as well as the perks. You should really have the gear to more than sustain you if you get to the point where you can make all your skills legendary. As for my character retirement...

I exclusively do warrior type characters. The end game retirement is pretty much always the Ebony Warrior. He is the final test. He will challenge all of the abilities and experiences you have learned through the course of the game, and if you can't use them, he will destroy you. At least if you don't cheat. Give him an honor duel.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I've taken all my characters to the end, and have bonded with them intensely. Sometimes I reload the wrong file, and there they are. I wax nostalgic. Sigh. I miss them.

HaxAras

I made A new character. I would like this to be A 100% save, discovering every location: Looting all possible unique items I can get my hands on; All shouts, etc.

I have A house near Solitude, full of treasures. At one point I decided to create A family and get as many NPC's as possible in my house. I did that in A few days though. I would like to get A screenshot of them all together but I had to kill my bard, she was godawful. I killed my pet dog Meeko and dismissed the wolf, they were as bad as the bard. My Steward and housecarl being in my house together is A rarity anyway. Getting them all in one room? Impossible.

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
my characters usually retire early for 3 main reasons
1.they have suicidal tendencies and love jumping off of mountains :)
2.they are ultra violent at low levels and start picking fights with giants to quickly lol
3.the chickens always capture his heart and he settles down to raise chickens and kidnap random travelers

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts