• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tomaja

Sometimes NPCs just die - like Lami, who was killed by a dragon.

I read they can be rsurected by console commands - prid + their code.

But how do I exactly do that - just open ~, type prid npc code, ~?

Can someone please explain it in detail, step by step, how and what do I type?

Lamia died in my game - after many reloads I managed to reverse the situation and she survived but if any quest related npc dies i would like to know how to exactly ressurect them.

cheers!!

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
go up to them (what I do is:) Look down at your feet with them still in view. Hit the ~ to open console. Click on them. type in, without quotes: "resurrect"

It'll bring them back in their former glory.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
go up to them (what I do is:) Look down at your feet with them still in view. Hit the ~ to open console. Click on them. type in, without quotes: "resurrect"

It'll bring them back in their former glory.

and remember to then hit ~ again to close console commands and return to the game.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Just as said above. 2 things to add, when in the console clicking on various objects will give you their code. Most of the console codes that are performed on people or objects can be done this way, i.e. by selecting them and entering the command.

If you are in third person view and you click pretty close to your character, you may get your code instead of the object you intend.

You will sometimes encounter people that you can't resurrect but usually these weren't random NPC deaths but something that was part of a quest line and the game intended for them to die.

tomaja

But what happens if I cannot find an NPC who is supposed to be at a certain location - missing presumed dead?

Or this blacksmith in riverwood killed by a dragon but his corpse disappeared - how can I respawn him?

tomaja

I cannot get it to work.

I killed trader's wife in riverwood and try "resurrect":
~
resurrect
enter
~
and it didn't work.

Also prid 00013482 does not work for Alvor in riverwood.

What am I missing?

btw, I got codes from http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alvor

EDIT:
When I target an NPC and open console I cannot see their ref number.

So I targeted Camilla and first typed prid + ref number and then resurrect and she is alive so i have this one figured out.

The problem is: how can I ressurect an npc when there is no corpse?

Please help

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I cannot get it to work.

I killed trader's wife in riverwood and try "resurrect":
~
resurrect
enter
~
and it didn't work.

Also prid 00013482 does not work for Alvor in riverwood.

What am I missing?

btw, I got codes from http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alvor

EDIT:
When I target an NPC and open console I cannot see their ref number.

So I targeted Camilla and first typed prid + ref number and then resurrect and she is alive so i have this one figured out.

The problem is: how can I ressurect an npc when there is no corpse?

Please help
You can place a copy of anything in front of you with the player.placeatme CODE QTY

This does create a second copy of whatever you enter so if the person was in fact still alive then you now have two copies of that person running around. If the person is dead, then only the second copy will be alive though you might still find the corpse of the original lying around somewhere later wherever it happens to be.

tomaja

Thanks. this command actually works :) with base id of an npc :) now I no longer haveto stress out because of the dragons routinelly killing npcs.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Thanks. this command actually works :) with base id of an npc :) now I no longer haveto stress out because of the dragons routinelly killing npcs.
It works with pretty much any object, person, creature or whatever. The key with it is just knowing that it places an extra copy of whatever is requested in front of you so it's easy to get multiple copies of an NPC running around the world if you aren't being careful

tomaja

I just got this idea - would it be possible to place a few giants in front of me for the giant toes?

They pose a graet challenge to me so killing them for toes wouldn't be cheating, would it?

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I just got this idea - would it be possible to place a few giants in front of me for the giant toes?

They pose a graet challenge to me so killing them for toes wouldn't be cheating, would it?
It will work. That's how I set up my multiple legendary dragon kill.

To me it wouldn't be cheating. Using player.additem to add X number of giant's toes to your inventory just because you didn't want to fight to obtain them, that would be cheating. But in this case you are partaking in the fight.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Just a side note: You could have also (probably, I have not tried this) use the "moveto player" command to move the corpse to you, to be able to use the resurrect command as well.
~
prid <baseID> (not RefID this is important)
moveto player
resurrect
~

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts