remembering your lowest levels and when you first played skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
okay I remember my first character which was the start of this year and since I first discovered the open world of skyrim. I was at my lowest level and I did not know how to do things and yes alike first time players I was a noob, a novice player and a begginner at the elders scrolls. so I learned more and more about the perks since I was selecting perks all over the place because I thought I could get all perks but it was not the case.

and yes I was a noob, and I want to hear your first time skyrim stories.

I was hopeless when it came to killing a gaurd he took so much from my health and kept on killing me all the time.and now I have become a high edge killer almost a expert at skyrim.

I know where all the locations are to finding more and more weapons and I am still learning the game even though I am not a noob now but I was.

I would say I am an adapt player I am not a noob but theres still hundreds of more things to learn about this game and since those 10 months ago, I learned these things.

locations and where to get rare weapons and still learning more on that.
soul gems and soul trapping and enchanting styles but still have crap loads more to learn.

alchemy in which I need to learn more and more...

smithing, in which I learned a little bit about that one.

and pickpocketing and also knowing how to become a theif and not get caught.

now I know about illusion and I have been waiting for the time to build up for an illusionist assassin and knowing how to be a good assassin.

my knowledge on perks has increased for the game I am proud of my progress and have alot more to go untill I become a higher leveled master and know how to get powerful weapons and perks.

The most obvious memory is just how lost I was. It took me over an hour to even get to the Keep in Helgen: I just had no idea where I was going, or what I was supposed to do. In a way this was good, I went into every corner, opened every door, looked in every pot, talked to every character. I learned a lot and can never recreate that first rush.
Sometimes I realize that my more efficient current play means I am missing things. Recently I was in the Midden at the college, and decided to take a different path. To my surprise I discovered a quest i had never seen before, so now I am going back to my original practice of trying to see everything in every building and dungeon.

Hatter

The Mad Hatter
Oh yeah I remember,ran it on my plopsty pc barely on lowest settings. I was amazed when I got out of the keep,classless,didn't know what to try first. I made like 5 characters in a day and couldn't decide what to play. My very first character that I actually played was a nord warrior using one handed weapon and a shield,got to lvl 10 with him and rerolled to assassin which i played till 24th lvl. It was pretty amazing experience. Although a bit overwhelming at the start,so many things to do. :)

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
My first character ever was a Nord named Rhaegar. I had him for about 30 hours, and he met his unfortunate end when I went into some cave or fort. There was one of those swinging spike doors, and somehow poor Rhaegar got stuck behind it after it swung. I tried everything but no matter what I couldn't get the door to budge. Well no biggie, just reload, right? Wrong. At the time I relied on auto saves and only manually saved once in a great while, and the game decided to auto save as I was busy bashing my war hammer against the swinging door. I hadn't manually saved in something like 7 hours so after dropping a few f-bomb's, I realized it was the end for Rhaegar :sadface:

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
my first character was a funny looking imperial and then I switched to a high elf and now I made up my mind that i chose a wood elf because they are great assassins and theives and great scouts as archers.

I figured that the first time you start playing skyrim you keep starting a new game to scroll through characters and which one will be best suited to you.

I am now happier playing as a wood elf because I really like wood elves because they know how to get out of mischief.and laugh about it like a little wood elf.I am a wood elf for life now.because I chosen to become a theif/assassin and thats what I want to be for good.

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
if you want to be a warrior, you choose an orc or a nord.

if you want a scout theif only you choose a argonian.

if you want to be an assassin who uses illusion invisibility magic only you choose a dark elf.

if you want to make a theif/assassin like I have you choose a wood elf, they are the best when it comes to light armour and break locking someones house.

I have alot more pickpocketing to do in this game and I think I will get to it.yet alot more assassinations to complete and bonuses.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I had played Skyrim once or twice before I bought it, but not for long and I hadn't gone too deep into it, so when I got it and was able to really sink some time into it stunned me. I made the "mistake" (not exactly a mistake, but the slightly OP and overly common choice) of playing a thief/assassin Khajiit named Felix the Cat. I sure had some fun with him, I remember first coming to Whiterun and wanting to level my pickpocket, so I was robbing everyone I saw, and when I came to the Khajiit caravan and I was caught stealing, I slaughtered all the Khajiit and a guard or two. Those were good times, but I slightly regret them; back then I played on novice with full HUD and I hardly cared about story or experiencing the world, and thus I went everywhere and did everything and used the Oghma Infinium to reach level 81, and in the process of blowing through Skyrim as fast as possible I ruined it for myself in a way. Now that I've "seen the light :p" of playing a hardcore playstyle and roleplaying, I have a blast, but roleplaying as a man who's never been to Skyrim isn't the same when you've been to Skyrim before :oops:.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
I made the mistake of going with hadvar when I was trying to be stormcloak....

Morgan

I knew nothing about Elder Scrolls lore or about Skyrim except that it was a big, popular open-world game. I got out of Helgen and didn't even know I could follow Hadvar to Riverwood. I just immediately wandered off. I found my way to Angi's cabin and did her archery contest thing. I remember spending hours trying to hit those damn distant targets. I didn't know that it was supposed to be a difficult task even for someone with experience playing and a few perks in archery. After that the character was doomed to be an archer, since there was no way I was going to spend that much effort completing the quests and then never use the skill again.

I do remember on later characters I had the hardest time finding Angi's cabin. I think it was because I had this idea it was right by the exit from Helgen. I wasn't really aware of how far I wandered that first time.

On later chars I made the newbie mistakes Illuminist describes (hopefully tongue in cheek) about thinking that starting skills had anything to do with character type. When I finally realized how easy it was to get any skill to 25 on any character, I kicked myself over a lot of wasted time.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I learned about giant clubs the hard way on more than one occasion in the beginning.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
Dude. Stop making threads.

Everyone else, stop posting on these threads. Srsly guise. Srlsy.

Well, this one is actually kind of a decent thread. I think.

I just got into Skyrim, so it's very easy for me to name my noob mistakes. Partly because i'm still making them. In Helgen, I did not know I was supposed to run from the dragon. Hell I thought it was a game about fighting dragons. So, I tried to fight the dragon. I died about six times before learned I was supposed to run. I will say I got a few good licks in though. Riverwood chicken was the next big mistake. I know i'm not alone on that one. Then the giants. Every one also knows how that ends.

My biggest regret is not choosing an orc for my main character. It would fit my playstyle better. I chose a Nord which is next best, so it's not to bad off. And i'm to far in to change it now.

Kinda off topic here, but I just got four alerts for this one reply. And earlier I didn't get any alerts for 2 agree ratings.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Kinda off topic here, but I just got four alerts for this one reply. And earlier I didn't get any alerts for 2 agree ratings.

I've been getting 3 alerts at once for replies to my quotes lately. I've also gotten second alerts about replies to my watched threads many hours after it was originally posted. There must be some bug that's happened, if there's any forum staff listening :)

illuminist

dark wood elf assassin
well the biggest mistake for people who first start playing skyrim is mainly perks and as others is the right kind of character that would suit them too. so they end up making a game and restarting a game in a couple of few more months, so they start a new character again to see which race of character they feel comfortable with. if it makes you feel better start two seperate accounts and have two diffirent kinds of characters it can be hard to play two at once unless you have played the first character you make on your first account for a long time you can start a new character later and use diffirent kinds of

Nakatsu_Hime

I just remember, at the beginning, thinking 'pl*ps, there's a dragon attacking', and hiding in the tower for a fair few minutes before gaining courage to actually DO something, like get away from it.

Later that day I got killed almost instantly by what was probably a level 5 Mage whilst I was exploring, and waited until dark and ran from behind one rock to behind another rock, all the way to the next township.

sticky runes

I was so bad when I first started playing this game, I couldn't even get the controls right. I would panic everytime I took a hit from an enemy and accidently went into sneak or first person mode when I was trying to turn around and run so I could heal myself at a safe distance. I nearly gave up after the first few days because I just thought the game was too stingy with it's amount of gold and healing potions that you find (or lack of) I was thinking "screw this plops, I'm gonna stick to turn-based RPGs"

I think the only similar games I had played before Skyrim were Fable 1 (which I got pissed off with, because every time I accidently hit an ally NPC, I got the devil horns icon, and my character ended up looking like a dirty old man with flies following him around everywhere) and Risen (which doesn't pause when you bring up menus, so you don't have the luxury of stopping to organise yourself in the middle of battle like in Skyrim)

So I was obviously greatful for a lot of the freedom that Skyrim offers, and found it's gameplay to be a lot more forgiving than other real time RPGs.

Floffsen Volterra

Child of the Madman
Well, the first thing that I thought was "Damn! This isn't a game. It's a player-controlled Long-as-Hell Movie!" The soundtrack alone is spectacular and always fitting.

So, I really enjoyed the opening sequence in the cart. It was good plot introduction, and (since this was my first TES game I played) it brought me up to speed quite well, so I had a basic idea about what was going on (War between these peeps called Imperials and Stormcloaks, and I was stuck in the middle of it).

Then, I saw the head roll (literally) and immediately thought, "Ok, this game is beyond awesome, because there is the decapitation of people! :D" The dragon attack gave me a good scare. I died by being killed by his firy breath in the tower (before you jump into the house). Then I woke up and just ran like hell!

What impressed me the most is when the concept of choice came into play. Do I go with the man who I met when I woke up, or the man who wanted me dead? Well, I went with the Imperial (can't get his name now) and fought somewhat well for a level 1.

I remeber that my first character was really pwerful (well, for a first character) with steel armor and a Ancient Nordic Battle Axe almost right away, and actually got to decapitating people by level 14! That was a feature I really enjoyed. :cool:

I was still a little spooked every time a Dragon attacked, and for a month or so, I had nightmares of those damned Frostbite Spiders (now, they're just a nuisance).

Sadly, before I even hit level 25, my kid brother overwrote my file by creating a new character (on PS3, you can only have one character per PS3 User/Account. Rediculous, I know). I flipped and deleted his and yea. We had a good laugh. :rolleyes:

So, I just made a second character, and now it's a level 52 Nord Archer with all glass armor, a glass bow, and too many arrows to count. Though, I got bored of him fast, and now my main is a level 13 Khajiit Thief with all steel armor (except with a fine Imperial Officer's Helmet), a fine steel battle axe, and the Wabbajack (it's a fun little toy :p).

MyNameIsJon

My avatar is a pic of the first enemy I killed after the cave. I play without level scaling and she was a Bandit Plunderer, level 19. I was level 1.

It was quite a fight and very rewarding to win. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts