• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Raylen ran in the middle of the others, not overly straining himself like some of the younger men near the front. He had jogged at the pace they were going for days on end, and he felt like it would be more beneficial for the others surrounding him if he stuck with them instead of fighting for position with the gung-ho legionnaire Arillious.

They continued jogging, Raylen offering soft words of encouragement to those around him as Simus played the hard-ass drill sergeant. They continued running until all that was left was a sloping hill up to the warrior stones. Raylen increased his pace a bit as they came closer to the stones, moving up to run level with Nachael. They reached the stone about twenty seconds behind Arillious and Simus and Nacheal commented on the speed of the two. Raylen said nothing, only looked back at the others finishing up behind them. He hoped they all had enough strength to run all the way back as well, or there might be a problem.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    As the older woman stroked her hair she listend to the younger ones words and her worries. She waited until she was finished. After she had stopped crying and explaining and asking her questions, Dabiene spoke.

"I do what I can." She wasn't talking about only the compliment she receive for her kindness, but also her courage. "Marie, is her name. Although I do have an old manor in Windhelm that I only rarely use except for stays there, my main manor is in Solitude. And that is where we were staying. As for retreiving her, I pray it isn't too late to save her. She may have been transfered to Windhelm for whatever reason, trying to find information about me no doubt. Knowing her though I deduce she will give them no such pleasures in finding out much about me. Other than the obvious." She smirked. She continued, "Her parents died when she was young, was living on scraps and whatever she could find. I took her in and well, needless to say she clung to me not ever wanting to let go." She chuckled a bit, "I tried to persuade her to live her life to the fullest, after all you only live once. And of course as you know I failed in persuading her. She has stayed with me for about a year."

Dabiene tilted her head to look at the young lady curled up in her arms and added, "I haven't known you for a day and I can already tell you have enough strength to lead whatever comes in you and your fathers way during this rebellion. And think nothing of what you showed me. In fact I think I should apologize to you and your male friend, the one who thinks he's quite the 'hot-shot' so to speak." She smiled with a twinkle in her eye, taking a deep breath she sighed as she continued to stroke her hair while talking, "I am sorry for the way I behaved though. I have been running for days. Making stake outs then fleeing for my life. I haven't eaten in days until now--and don't worry I have enough money to pay for the cost of the food and wood for the fire I used--and all the mana I have used exhausted me to the extreme. And I am a master of the healing arts and the school of Destruction. I can do a little bit of alchemy and enchanting. After all, what kind of Breton would I be if I could cook but didn't have a clue as to how to make potions and enchant some weapons?" She guffawed at the irony if that were the case. Dabiene was a fine cook and it would have embarrassed her or any Breton for that matter, who were renowned cooks, alchemists, and at times Enchanters. Their hardiness against magic also made them excellent magic duelists. "Though still, I should have behaved better."

Dabiene decided to go out with the secret, since the young lady already knew so much. "Have no fear though, I'm not trying to cuddle you up so I can turn about and eat you. Despite what many believe, people who were blessed with the gift of Hircine aren't all that bad. It's tough, going day to day on spending so much for food but hey! If I didn't have such a gift I'd probably..." She paused, and decided not to continue on that thought. The woman laying partially on her chest was already distraut a bit and didn't want to worry her. "Well, none of that matters now. Anyway, you need to rest. You used very ancient magic and using such power is overwhelming I can imagine. I only ever saw it once before, and used it myself on someone else before today. I know how strenuous it can be, along with the nightmares it can bring." Gently she helped the woman off her, got out of the bed then went about straightening the cover. Walking to the door she smiled at the younger and half joked, "And about those pajamas, think nothing of it. Marie had a pair as I recall. Whatever helps you sleep I say." She winked, not meaning any harm or insult, then added, "Do you need anything else? Alice is it?" She asked while raising an eyebrow, the corners of her mouth in a slight smirk.

(OOC: Wow, lots of teal there. By the way, Dabs loves to chit chat as you can tell. Besides, what else is she supposed to do with her life? She's a lonely 36 year old lady with no children of any kind and a breton magic user in a racist infested place. XD)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    (OOC: By the way, was Dabs under the covers or just sitting on the bed? This wasn't in my last post but Alice kicked the covers off of her while she was having the nightmare.)

Alice allowed Dabiene to move her as she got out from under her and stood up. She laid Alice down on the bed, letting her head rest on her pillow, and streightned the covers some before getting up and heading to the door. Alice than realized that she was no longer covered up by her blankets and turned a slight pink at the sight of her pajamas in full view of Dabiene, feet and all. Dabiene gave a small smirk but told her not to be emberassed by being seen in them: what she slept in was her business. Plus, Marie had a pair too. This made Alice very much want to meet this girl, as she had yet to meet anyone else in Skyrim that liked footy pajamas!

Pushing herself up against her pillow, Alice looked to Dabiene as she asked if she needed anything and confirmed her name.

"That's right," She said "Alice Psyrakon. My middle name's Marie you know. Dad named me when I was born. He signed my birth certificate when mom was recovering and didn't have time to tell her what he wanted to name me before making everything official, so it's a good thing she liked the name."

She smiled at the kind Breton. It had been so long since Alice was looked after by an older woman, she had forgotten how much she had enjoyed the attention.

"Marie sounds like a lovely girl." Alice said. "Once we save her, the three of us should get a room together and show off our footy pj's! I haven't gotten much girl time since I became a Stormcloak Officer. I tell you, having to lead a bunch of men who spend more time looking at my chest and boots rather than listening to me gets really frustrating sometimes. And thank you for your vote of confidance. I can take care of myself and I've become a good soldier but I'm not my father. I can do things he can't and he's got nothing but love and support for me but it's hard living in his shadow sometimes. And I don't care that you're a warewolf. I've befriended someone from just about every race in Tamriel, including vampires. Plus, I'm a psychicaly gifted teenage girl so who am I to judge?"

She then remembered Dabiene's question. She answered with some hesitation, rubbing her feet against each other shyly.

"Now where was I? Oh! You asked if I needed anything! Well, I don't want to stretch your kindness so I'm not sure if I should be asking you this, but do you think I could have another hug? Then maybe get some help getting tucked in? Also, I kind of like being read to. It helps me get to sleep and that spell simply drained the life out of me. I've studied Ancient Dunmer Mysticism Spells extensively but I've never used them before. I had no idea they were so exhausting, or that they dredged up such painful memores. Anyway, is that too much to ask? I'm sorry if I seem like a spoiled little porker but It's been a long time since I've had a big sister in my life and considering the only woman who's been so nice to me as you besides my mother was a prostitute I kind of...well...like the attention. Not to say my dad doesn't love me! He does, he always will, he'd do anything for me but there are some things my mom could do that he just...cant."

Alice looked at Dabiene a little bashfully.

"I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense. Sometimes my mind moves a little too fast for other people to follow."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus saw that most everyone was atop the hill and was resting. They needed to get moving before their muscles got cold but he figured there was time enough to enlighten the squad on the stones' nature. Arillious had given a good but incomplete answer to Nachael and Regulus and Simus could fill in the blanks.

"The stone doesn't work for everyone." Simus said. "Only those who truely desire to be warriors. That is, those with a sincere heart for it. Somehow the stone knows the difference. If you look to your right you'll see the mage stone and behind you you'll see the thief stone. These other two work in the same way. The best way to find which stone works for you is to simply find the one that feels right. I myself chose the warrior stone when I first came up here, wheras Alice chose the thief stone: not to say she's a thief mind you, she simply had a more discreet set of skills than I do. I want you all to touch these stones and find the one that feels best. Once you do, simply wish for its blessing and you will recieve it. It isn't a permenant boost but it does last a long time."

Simus gestured to the stones.

"Go ahead, pick one."

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    "Well all right, then." Nachael stepped forward to the Thief Stone first, and ran a hand slowly across the etched image of a rogue sprinting with a coin purse in hand. He assumed correctly that the stone would not react to him, as he had neither a desire for ill-gotten wealth or stealth skill. He then turned to the Mage Stone. He wondered if perhaps the stone would bless him for his scholarly nature, if not his dabbling in the various magical schools, but the stone did not feel quite right. However, he felt that if he came back here when the blessing of the Warrior Stone, which he was almost sure he would receive, he could perhaps will the blessing of the Mage Stone.

Nachael finally turned to the Warrior stone. Its ancient surface bore a worn image of a mighty barbarian who held an axe and shield. Nachael desired to learn to hold such power. This was it.

The moment his fingertips touched the stone, a brilliant white light sprung from where he had touched and spread across the stone, outlining like a constellation the Warrior Sign. The light culminated in the hollow circle running through the stone, then shot up into the heavens.

"Well, it feels... interesting. Sort of light, and euphorically mellow. I guess we'll see the results of this in the next two weeks."

arctic73

Org. XII Outcast
    Reg saw Nachael examining the stones, and wondered how exactly these mysterious artifacts would gift them knowledge and skill. His eyes widened when the Warrior Stone flared with light, glowing when Nachael touched it. Nachael then tried to describe the feeling the Stone gave him, saying that it was light and mellow. Wow, Reg thought. Thats incredible. I want to try that.

Reg stepped to the Mage Stone, and immediately turned away. He had nothing against magic but felt instinctively that it wasn't for him. He examined the Thief Stone, but didn't touch it, for he didn't know how the Stone would react to his sorted past. Reg then looked to the Warrior Stone, watching as the light faded. He walked over and touched the Stone...

...and NOTHING HAPPENED.

Reg started to panic in his mind. Why won't it accept me? All my life I've trained as a warrior. That is my passion, my whole being. What Simus said about the Stone knowing... Is this a sign that I've been living my life incorrectly?... Damn, I need a drink.

Dabiene Caristiana

(OOC: Finally got rid of that pesky headache ;) And yes, Dabiene merely laid down on the bed, she didn't mess with the covers and left them as they were until AFTER she got out of the bed.)

After asking if the younger new-found 'companion' if she needed anything while asking the comfirmation of her name, Alice, as she was called, went off like a bolt and talked to her as if she had known her whole life. Although... In a shy manner of course. After learning that her middle name was the same as her maid and also learning its namesake she smiled and raised her brow in geniune curiosity. As Alice continued to fire away at the possibility of saving her maid, her acceptance in being a werewolf amongst other things. Like knowing her father couldn't be there twenty-four, seven. And of course her making some very interesting friends along her travels. INCLUDING, vampires.

After those revelations, Alice remembered Dabiene's offer if she needed anything.

"Now where was I? Oh! You asked if I needed anything! Well, I don't want to stretch your kindness so I'm not sure if I should be asking you this, but do you think I could have another hug? Then maybe get some help getting tucked in?" Dabiene couldn't help but smile and did her best not to chuckle, not wanting Alice to think she was laughing at her, but with her. She listened as she continued. "Also, I kind of like being read to. It helps me get to sleep and that spell simply drained the life out of me." Dabiene walked over to the bed as Alice talked, schooling her features to hide the pain in her still not completely healed side, "I've studied Ancient Dunmer Mysticism Spells extensively but I've never used them before. I had no idea they were so exhausting, or that they dredged up such painful memores. Anyway, is that too much to ask? I'm sorry if I seem like a spoiled little porker but I've never really had a big sister before and considering the only woman who's been so nice to me as you was my mother I kind of...well...like the attention. Not to say my dad doesn't love me! He does, he always will, he'd do anything for me but there are some things my mom could do that he just...cant."

Dabiene chuckled this time and reassured her. "I know what you mean. You should feel lucky though, my mother and I needless to say... Didn't get along very well. Didn't know my father either. Ran out when I was young. Then I heard he died from being an idiot and trying to rid a cave of some 'critters'. Needless to say... He didn't last long. He always was a little thick headed. Least that was what mother said." She looked directly at her and added, "And I don't see why a hug could be so much of a bother." She smiled then leaned over and hugged her. "It's always nice to have someone to lean on. As for the men, I hear you. When I was in the Legion, men constantly stared at me as if I was Mara herself! Until I clunked them over the head with the nearest blacksmiths hammer." She grinned ruefully at the memory, she did feel sorry after that. Wasn't his fault he couldn't control his hormones. It was amusing though at the same time.

Remembering the Dunmer spells and Alice not knowing what they did, worried Dabiene a little. So naturally, she went into academic mode. "The spell that you used, can be very dangerous. It opens ones self almost completely to another person, like unlocking your mind and revealing your life. Like when someone picks the lock on your diary and reads it. I caught one of the recuits doing that and promptly set fire to his fat arse... Anyway, the point is, the reason why it is so dangerous and why it can trigger nightmares is that everyone is different. It can even be more startling to use it on a person you have never even met. Using this magic is like living the other person's life. It even feels like your there and reliving them. I'm sure you felt that way when using that magic on me. When one already goes through events in their life that are triggering, and someone looks into it, it can retrigger those episodes and perhaps even enhance its effects. Say you had a bad memory, whatever it is. And you have already had closer and moved on from that horrible experience. Gazing into anothers memory and having another gaze into yours will unlock those closed up emotions because you are allowing them to see the memories. See where I'm getting at? With some people, it causes nightmares of the other persons events of their life, or it can make them relive theirs. For others, they simply go into hysteria. And for a lucky few, they either have wits or no heart at all and well... Suffer no effects. Just extreme exhaustion. As for the exhaustion itself, it isn't like normal magics one uses, like Destruction, or Restoration, or Illusion schools. It not only drains your mana, but your mind. Not allowing yourself to function as well. If your mind is in disarray then your nervous system can go out of wack. Some people have to be in bed for days. Other well, if they are stupid enough and have never practice magic before, enter a coma or even... Kick the bucket." She looked sternly at Alice as though a mother would scold a child. "I trust you will use caution in the future before using them. Though I am proud of the display you have shown out there."

"If you had not done that perhaps I would have attacked you all. And possibly have been killed myself." She looked away, deep in thought then continued, "I knew something... Deep in the back of my mind I knew I should stop. If you were all Stormcloaks you would have attacked, I'm sure of it." She looked at Alice again and asked, "Are you the group that is leading a certain rebellion? I noticed that you said you weren't sure of leading a 'rebellion'. A man by the name of 'Simus' is leading it." Take a wild guess and remembering the images that Alice had shown her along with the emotions she asked, "Would he by any chance be your father?" Before Alice could answer she added with an after thought, "I love to read too. Helps me lull off to sleep as well. What book would you like to be read?" She asked as she stood up and tucked the shy young lady in. "And think nothing of it. Everyone likes being spoiled from time to time. I know I like it." She winked with a smirk.

(OOC: Hard to believe she's 36 huh? To me she sounds a lot older... I don't know why. Especially since she's tucking in and going to read to an 18 year old. Although to be fair... Dabiene is 18 years her senior--Twice her age. I guess that helps. Sorry for that huge wall of text. And let me know what you think of my theory... My imagination worked into overdrive.)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    (OOC: Think nothing of it. I'm one of those people who actually loves a wall of coloured text. That just means you've got some good meat to your post! And your theory was actually quite elegant. You basically took my idea and ran with it. I love it when other posters do that :D)

When Dabiene reached out to hug Alice, she stood up so Dabiene could properly do so. She was strong: strong enough to lift Alice a few inches off the ground so their heads could be level. Alice could always go to her dad for hugs and he was strong enough to pick her up. He could even carry her if she couldn't walk herself. It was heartwarming to see such strength and compassion in another person. Dabiene's comment about beating men over the head with a blacksmith's hammer was funny, even though Alice had never had to strike a boy to get her point across. She could certainly do it, considering how small and fast she was, but what a crude way to deal with a problem.

Afterwards, Dabiene explained how Alice's spell worked and all of the possible side effects, including death. Rather than being frightened by this prospect Alice drank in her every word, utterly fascinated by this woman's knowledge that most people outside Morrowind didn't know existed. A thousand questions popped into her head but she really was tired and wanted to get some good rest. Especially since she hadn't gotten much sleep the night before.

"Fascinating." Alice said. "Simply fascinating! I experienced everything you described! Seeing your memories, reliving my own, that terrible, terrible nightmare I just had! It all makes perfect sense, why didn't I consider that?! Of course a memory spell would spark a person's strongest memories, you're tapping into the deepest levels of long-term memory. If the spell sitmulates the hippocampus as well as the neural pathways that retrievel long-term memory...my entire frontal lobe must have been stimulated! Our neurons were flooded with retrieval commands and that's why...oh that's brilliant!"

Alice than Saw Dabiene's hard, motherly look. The look that told Alice to stop before she got herself hurt.

"Uh...sorry." She said, looking down at her feet and her face losing its light. "Sometimes my imagination takes an idea too far and I start to ramble. I'm sorry for being so rash."

She gave Dabiene a sad look, her ears turning red with emberrasment. "I'm too smart for my own good. I love to learn and to experiment. It's gotten my into trouble more than once."

Dabiene tucked Alice into bed, making sure she was snug under all the covers, than asked what book she would like read to her.
    " Well, let's see. Have you ever read Orsinium and the Orcs? Fun story, interesting show of the politics between Orcs and Bretons. No, no, forget that. Battle of Sanre Tor! That's the one I want to hear! Simus is my father by the way and yes we're both Stormcloaks. I'm surprised you haven't heard of us. Ulfric's made us into war heroes. Actually it's kind of refreshing, all the praise we get all over Skyrim, it's a little much. He's also leading this rebellion, or rather soon-to-be rebellion. Please, please don't think that we'll turn you over to the guards. They're under dad's command and technically mine. I would never let them hurt you."

Alice looked up to Dabiene, slightly panicked, as she realized what she was telling this woman. She leaned up in bed while still staying covered and looked to Dabiene with desperation to be believed.

"Please! I know this is hard to believe considering what you've just been through but you've got to believe me! I've got no reason to lie to you! You've shown me too much kindless! Oh gods, I'm so sorry. I'm really emotional right now and it's not fair that you have to recieve it all."

She started to tear up again as she kept herself proped up.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Raylen cast a critical eye over the three stones that stood before him. He listened to Simus's explanation of the stones and nodded, he had heard of such Nordic tales, although he had never visited one of these stones himself. There did indeed seem to be at least some truth to the tales, as Raylen could detect a faint aura of magic radiating from the stones. He stepped forward and looked at all three before moving over to place his palm flat at the center of the mage stone.

Instantly he felt a rush of energy as the stone channeled some of its own magicka into his body. It felt good, almost euphoric, and Raylen's eyes closed briefly as he basked in the warmth of the power. Then he stepped away, and the strength of the connection lessened, although he felt the power still laying within him, giving him strength.

Looking around to see how the others were doing he spotted Regulus in somewhat of a panic attack as he touched the warrior stone and nothing seemed to happen. Raylen stepped over to the boy and put a hand on his shoulder, "It doesn't accept you? Do not worry my boy, we were all put here on Nirn with a fate and a purpose. The way you live your life is always the way that is right, the gods see to that. Do not trouble yourself over the workings of fate," Raylen gave a small chuckle as he seemed to remember things from times long passed, "Believe me, I have tried to understand, its best to simple go with it and see were life takes you. You'll get were you want to go eventually."

arctic73

Org. XII Outcast
    A distraught Reg looked at Raylen. This man was encouraging him, giving him lasting life advice. Reg was grateful to have met a man like Raylen. After seeing him interact with the Mage Stone, Reg took this as a sign to try it himself. He thanked Raylen and stepped over to the Mage Stone. Whatever happens, Reg thought, was meant to happen. He placed his hand on the stone, just like he saw Raylen do.

The effect was immediate. The contact with the Stone awakened something within himself that Reg had never felt. It was a decidedly un-Nord like urge to learn. To become one with the arcane. Reg had learned a few spells over the years and felt their effects, but not even firebolt held a candle to this feeling. he felt, in his mind, the battleaxe part shrink, and in its place came knowledge of magic. Years of experiences, memories, skills of people who had ecountered this stone. He felt Raylen's power then, and so many others, as the power granted knowledge of the workings of different schools of magic. Reg learned not just how to shoot fire, but to feel its effects. He learned that conjuring weapons and creatures was really channeling magic into a different form. He staggered back from the impact of these and other revelations, fire popping from his fingertips. "Incredible..." he breathed, then promptly dropped to his hands and knees as the magic changed him.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Regulus looked like he wasn't quite prepared for the effects of the Mage Stone. The effects of the stone must have been stronger for someone who had little experience with what the stone seemed to show was his destiny. He dropped to his hands and knees, taking in all of the new knowledge the stone held. Nachael reached down to help him up and commented, "Looks like you might want to trade that battleaxe for a summoned one, eh?" Nachael smiled at him. "You know, I'd be glad to help you learn about magic. I grew up around a bunch of desert wizards, and not to mention that I've travelled with more than a few skilled mages in my day." Nachael was proud of the Nord for taking a step toward whatever fate held for him, but he also was excited at the prospect of finally having a pupil of his own. After years of being the student, he would finally have someone to impart his knowledge upon.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Simus tested Arillious' abilities as he challenged the legionnaire for him to reach the Stone before he does. Arillious responded not with a word, but with a sprint that defied logic presented by his condition; being still able to take a full sprint after running almost the full distance the rest of the squad did in a short span of time. Garrick was taken a aback at the legionnaire's performance, but was a bit puzzled. Is showing off part of military exercises? He pondered to himself as he continued to run in a steady pace behind Raylen.

As he reached the Stones, the others were already quite deep in discussion regarding their purposes. Garrick was a bit surprised that only a few of them know of the Guardian Stones and the ancient workings behind them. Nachael, after being enlightened, touched the Warrior Stone and a flash of light beamed towards the skies. He immediately felt its blessing indicated by his words of soft energy flowing in him. Regulus followed after and inspected the rest of the Stones, before making up his mind and touching the Warrior Stone as well. The young nord was in shock at the lack of effect it has on him. Raylen lent reassuring words to him as to put him at ease, before touching the Mage Stone and feel its blessings himself. Regulus stepped away from the Warrior Stone and approached the Mage Stone. He touched the Stone with a look that would be described as going wherever the winds would take him. He dropped down to the ground on all fours, only uttering a word of amazement, which would only mean that the Stone responded. Nachael was quite eager to teach him a few things about the arcane arts, something he would most need as his current gear is not that of a typical mage.

Garrick merely stood before them and didn't touch any of the Stones. "I am already blessed by a Guardian Stone as I prayed before it not too long ago, two days to be exact." He pointed beyond the Stones, his eyes reaching beyond the river that extended to the lake. "The Lady watches over me as she did with my family. She allowed us to go by our lives free from physical bounds of strain and fatigue." Garrick hopped around a bit and jogged in place for a few moments, still full of energy as if the distance he ran was only a few paces. "That's why I still feel a bit energetic."

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
    Alex stayed away from the stones, she was already blessed by the The Steed stone and she didn't want to change it. Alex leaned up against the a nearby tree and watched as the others each touched the stone in turn. Alex kept her eyes to the road, it was about high noon and the road was strangely quiet. Perhaps too quiet.

((Sorry about short post, Im in class))

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    (OOC: it's okay. Also, we started the day at 8 and left probably twenty minutes after that, so it wouldn't be noon at this point. It would be more like 9.)

JBar2531

Titus didnt say a word as everyone was getting there blessings from the stone. He watched as Regulus fell to his knees froms the power of the Mage Stone. Titus walked up to the Warrior stone and placed his hand on it. Suddenly the Stones power surged through him, making him feel ten times stronger.
    "Wow." Thats all Titus could say about the power he was feeling. He was speechless.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus watched as Regulus fell to his knees in front of the Mage Stone, his mind being flooded with the revelation of his newfound powers. He hadn't seen such a dramatic manifestation since his own encounter with the Mage Stone decades ago. He went over to Regulus and bent down beside him to make sure all was well.

"You're okay Regulus." Simus said, hooking his arms through the young Nord's shoulders and helping hiim to his feet. "C'mon, up you go. You're alright. Just got your mind opened is all. That's it, nice and easy."

Simus stood him up and gave him a pat on the shoulders. He couldn't help but chuckle at the young man's face.

"You look like someone just pried your head open and shoved a library inside." He said with a grin. "I know the feeling. I first touched that stone when I was a much younger man. Not much older than Arillious actually. When I made contact It was like someone took years of magical study, compressed them into a few moments and shot it through my head. My mind was opened to possiblities I had never considered, and I had realized that there was so much more to magic than just blowing things up. That's all the Legion ever taught me and that's most of what I was interested in. That got me interested enough to take classes at the College of Winterhold and then at the Arcane University when I got home. Once my wife and I started having kids I wanted nothing more than to pass my knowledge onto them. I've had pretty good success."

arctic73

Org. XII Outcast
    Reg vaguely heard Nachael encouraging him and offering to teach him. He heard Garrick wave away the Guardian Stones and saw Titus be flooded by the Warrior Stone. These things were overshadowed in his mind by the sheer amount of knowledge the Mage Stone had gifted him. Then Simus said something that broke the fog, helping Reg up.

"You look like someone just pried your head open and shoved a library inside. I know the feeling. I first touched that stone when I was a much younger man. Not much older than Arillious actually. When I made contact, It was like someone took years of magical study, compressed them into a few moments and shot it through my head. My mind was opened to possiblities I had never considered, and I had realized that there was so much more to magic than just blowing things up."

Reg couldn't agree more. He shook his head to clear it, and looked at Simus. "That's exactly what it feels like! I know so much that I don't understand. But I'm determined to master it. And any help you all can offer me I will gladly accept." Now that Simus had awoken him, his mind was beginning to assimilate his newfound ability. He found that if he focused, he could shape the magic into different forms. He created a ball of pure flame, which he quickly extinguished with a smile. "Hey, Nachael, Simus. Think I'm ready to learn."

Dabiene Caristiana

(OOC: I think I owe you guys a post... don't you?)

Dabiene inwardly smiled as Alice rambled on about her love for knowledge and books, much like herself. Then she had gone on about which books to read. She had read both books, Orisinium and the Orcs and Battle of Sanre Tor. Before she could respond such a fact though, Alice had continued and spewed from her lips a very important detail that she overlooked. “Simus is my father by the way and yes we're both Stormcloaks. I'm surprised you haven't heard of us. Ulfric's made us into war heroes. Actually it's kind of refreshing, all the praise we get all over Skyrim, it's a little much. He's also leading this rebellion, or rather soon-to-be rebellion. Please, please don't think that we'll turn you over to the guards. They're under dad's command and technically mine. I would never let them hurt you."

After Alice came to the realization of what she had said to her, a panicked look swept across her face, invading her innocent features. The small woman in the bed pleaded with Dabiene, pleaded with reason as she begged for her listen. "Please! I know this is hard to believe considering what you've just been through but you've got to believe me! I've got no reason to lie to you! You've shown me too much kindless! Oh gods, I'm so sorry. I'm really emotional right now and it's not fair that you have to recieve it all."

A long moment past as a blank look overcame Dabiene’s Breton features. She looked calm and at ease, but deep down she was beside herself. She was warring on the inside, her rational and well thought out mind dueling to the death with her emotions. On who would or should come to the surface and invade the calm façade that she put up. And if one looked closely, very closely they could most likely see something spark and flash in her eyes as she was warring with herself. A splatter of grey invaded her eyes as well. But as quick as both indications of her emotions appeared, they were gone in a flash.

It could have been minutes as she stood there next to the bed, next to the bed with young Imperial woman tucked in all emotional and not being able to do anything about it. Dabiene didn’t blame her of course. She couldn’t. She wouldn’t. So she did the only thing she could do at the moment.

“No.” She paused a long moment again before quietly muttering under hear breath, “It isn’t fair, not at all when I blew up in your face not two hours ago.” She went quiet again and looked away before taking a breath and explained why she was being rational, or rather her rational side won out. “I would have left already, Alice, had I already suspected you would do so, turning me in.” She looked back at her, “And yes, Ulfric tends to spoil followers thinking that it will keep his people by his side like some cold pups looking for a nice bed and steak. But like I had just said, I know you would have attacked me if you had the most sincere of intentions of apprehending me. As to what you will do with that ape that chased me clear all the way to Whiterun, with a few ‘pleasure stops’ along the way which were not pleasurable by the way at all since they consisted of constant standstill face offs and running on foot, what you do with that imbecile is not my concern. Since your father is leading this rebellion I’m guessing he didn’t get what he had hoped for from Ulfric. I can tell he will have similar feelings what with his potential new court mage or witch on the run and his Top Officer and his daughter running a rebellion under his nose. Although I suspect he won’t know of the latter until the problem is at his gates.” She scoffed, “I can imagine he was always thick in the head…The brute.” She continued, “The only reason I’m telling you of what happened or explaining a few things, is because I have a feeling I’m going to have to explain it all anyway. Again. What’s a few hours more worth of explanations? Besides, I’m in the 'safe zone' aren’t I?”

Dabiene was still angry and she was silently struggling to keep the tremors down, all the while not wincing as the not completely healed injury to her side roared in a fresh dose of pain. “But enough of that. We’ll get to that later. And you remind me of myself, always yearning for knowledge I can imagine. Just be careful what you learn for it may come back to haunt you. I know a vast amount of the arcane arts. It also helps since I tend to were heavy armor, what with certain attributes that comes with being part wolf. I can stand vast amounts of mana drain while wearing heavy sheets of metal. But only after a good meal and sleep of course… Which I haven’t had in months… Damn Ulfric and his idiotic cronies.” As she was cursing Ulfric and his men she did so under her breath, along with the fact of her not sleeping or eating a good meal in a while. Usually if she did so the stress would make her sick. Ulfric couldn’t and WOULDN’T take ‘no’ for an answer. Even if it involved a door slammed into his face, which she had done so on one occasion. The rest was with his goons. She loved it and would howl in laughter after slamming said door then hearing the men cursing and hearing, “She broke my nose!” or “That she-dog is right rude!” when they themselves were rude when not taking a simple ‘no’ for an answer the first place. If they had got the message clear they wouldn’t have a door slammed in their face. In her mind, it was their fault. Dabiene turned her mind back to the present.

“Now, where was that book that you wanted me to read?”

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice saw the fire in Dabiene's eyes and it terrified her. She knew that fire all to well from her twin brother's fits of rage. He was a member of The Companions and he was also a werewolf like Dabiene. He was always hot-headed and reckless and being a werewolf made it infanitly worse. Alice had always been the person her brother trusted the most and was the most supportive in helping him with his anger but it always scared her. One reason he was at Jorvaskar and not at home with her, Cilla and Simus was so he could be around other, more experienced werewolves. People who understood him and could help him better than she could. It seemed to help and he had gotten much better with it.

However Dabiene was not Alice's brother and she was in no positon to try and calm her. She could sense Dabiene's boiling anger behind her seemingly calm words, and considering Alice was unarmed and in bed there was nothing she could do if this woman lost control.

Several terrifying minutes went by, Alice barely hearing Dabiene's explination of what she thought of Ulfric and her warnings about Magic. It was nothing her father hadn't taught her already and she knew where not to look when exploring the arcane. Then the question of where her book was came up, Dabiene seeming slightly camler now but not nearly enough for Alice to relax.

"It's um...It's on the second level of my nightstand, right next to you." Alice squeaked, trembling with fear and cowering under the covers, as if they would protect her from an enraged werewolf.

"I'm scared Dabs." Alice squeaked again. "Please stay in control. Please don't kill me, I'm afraid to die."

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Raylen watched as Regulus touched the mage stone. He felt the pulse of magic ripple through the air as it accepted a new student, and Regulus had power funneled through him. The effect of the stone was likely enhanced to do the fact that the energy was forcing open gateways into other areas of the mans mind, areas that he had never even known he had before. Regulus smiled as he conjured a ball of flames in his hand before quickly extinguishing it.

Stepping forward to the mans side Raylen nodded in agreement to Simus's proclamation, "Indeed, it seems you will have your hands full in the next few weeks my friend. Magic is a powerful art, but it is also a very dangerous and deadly one. The fire you now hold in your hand could consume you and all the friends around you if you lose control or push to far. The most important skill in magic is discipline." He intentionally sounded somewhat harsh in his warning in hopes of dissuading the man from trying anything beyond his abilities. While the blessing the Stone had given him was good, it also came with an added danger, as Regulus had not had the normal training of a mage and thusly no lectures on how to control his own power.

He then turned back to Simus and asked in a more formal tone, "Should we move out now sir?" While it was still midmorning they were wasting time here at the stone, Raylen wished to get back to Whiterun so he could see what Simus had in store for the group next. He was interested in how the man fought, as he said he was a battlemage like Raylen himself. They may have even been trained together, or by the same instructor, who knows!