• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
Playable races, starting with your favorite ending with your least favorite.
Curious for your opinion

1. Argonian
2. Orc
3. Dunmer
4. Imperial
5. Bosmer
6. Khajit
7. Redguard
8. Nord
9. Altmer
10. Breton

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
Isn't it racist to rank races? o_O

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
What's funny is that I rarely, if ever, play my "favorite" two characters in lore.

1: The Argonians: They have had a poor run of things, traditionally in The Elder Scrolls. While things may seem bleak for them in Skyrim, forced to work the docks and forbidden to enter many cities proper, things in Blackmarsh are better than they ever have been. The argonian tribes are united and for the first time in their history they're a feared and respected military force. They have done better than simply defend their own borders but they've gone on to invade Morrowind. The argonians now control the very same fields and plantations their people once toiled on in chains. I like that.

Blackmarsh is so treacherous even Tiber Septim himself avoided invading the region. Instead he conquered the argonian settlements on the borderlands, and along the coast and called the job done. What lies in the deep black heart of the marsh? It would make for a great Elder Scrolls game.

2: The Dunmer: Elder Scrolls III was my introduction to Tamriel. Their portrayal of the dark elves as a people in Morrowind was excellent. A land of many cultures, varied between primitive Ashlander tribes to the aristocratic world of the Great Houses. A land and a people caught in a clash of cultures. Living Gods of The Tribunal giving way The Nine Divines. Independence giving way to Imperial expansion. It was a vast tapestry, and I really got a good feel for the dunmer as individuals. I'll always have a soft spot for them.

The rest fall someplace in between. Races of man taking the firm middle ground, lead by the bretons and redguard. Imperials have always been rather bland, to me. Skyrim has seen the nords grow on me a bit more than they have in past games. For the elves, Orcs and Bosmer would fair better than Altmer and I like all three better than Khajiit, who are probably my least favorite.

Dragon Kin

Dovah Fen Ni Dii
What's funny is that I rarely, if ever, play my "favorite" two characters in lore.

1: The Argonians: They have had a poor run of things, traditionally in The Elder Scrolls. While things may seem bleak for them in Skyrim, forced to work the docks and forbidden to enter many cities proper, things in Blackmarsh are better than they ever have been. The argonian tribes are united and for the first time in their history, they're a feared and respected military force. They have done better than simply defend their own boarders but they've gone on to invade Morrowind. They now control the very same fields and plantations their people once toiled on in chains. I like that.

Blackmarsh is so treacherous even Tiber Septim himself avoided invading the region. Instead he conquered the argonian settlements on the borderlands, and along the coast and called the job done. What lies in the deep black heart of the marsh? It would make for a great Elder Scrolls game.

2: The Dunmer: Elder Scrolls III was my introduction to Tamriel. Their portrayal of the dark elves as a people in Morrowind was excellent. A land of many cultures, varied between primitive Ashlander tribes to the aristocratic world of the Great Houses. A land and a people caught in a clash of cultures. Living Gods giving way The Nine Divines. Independence giving way to Imperial expansion It was a vast tapestry, and I really got a good feel for the dunmer as individuals. I'll always have a soft spot for them.

The rest fall someplace in between. Races of man taking the firm middle ground, lead by the bretons and redguard. Imperials have always been rather bland, to me. Skyrim has seen the nords grow on me a bit more than they have in past games. For the elves, Orcs and Bosmer would fair better than Altmer and I like all three better than Khajiit, who are probably my least favorite.
I agree I would love a game focused in the Marsh

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
1. Dunmer Female
2. Altmer Female
3. Bosmer Female
4. Redguard Male
5. Khajiit Male
6. Orc Male
7. Breton Female
8. Imperial Female
9. Nord Male
10. Argonian Male

Sorry, just can't get into the lizzys.

Pete

1 - Nord Female (sides with stormcloaks)
2 - Imperial Female (sides with empire)
3 - Breton Female (neutral)

The rest I just don't find too attractive :)

KritikalPT

1. Nord
2. Redguard
3. Orc
4. Dunmer
5. Imperial
6. Altmer
7. Breton
8. Bosmer
9. Khajiit
10. Argonian

To me, there's two lists, one for the most powerful, and another of the ones I personally like. I'm going with the latter, because of the context of the OP. In Descending Order:

10) Orcs: Ugly, and just too powerful. All you really need to add is Archery to make them completely unstoppable.
9) Bosmer: Common Resistance, and the most useless Racial Ability. Also, shrimps, so they don't run that fast even unencumbered.
8) Argonians: I have 1 Argo Character. Mostly because of their starting skills, they have no Offensive capability, so it takes a long time for them to be effective. Their OP Racial more than makes up for this, but you can't use it every fight until you can start actually dealing damage.
7) Imperials: May be Bias, they have a nice skillset, and their daily can be a life-saver, but I always associate them with the Empire, which wanted to chop off my head, and started off every game with me in bondage.
6) Kajit: The only infinitely re-usable power, offset by being able to turn up the Brightness, and Contrast on my display. I don't like the tail, it bothers me, and clips through capes.
5) Nord: Cold Resistance, and Fear. Getting out of the ones I don't like, and into the ones I like less, because there's better choices. With the caveat that my favorite character this whole game just happens to be a Nord.
4) Dunmer: Make great Nightblades, Spellswords, and Destruction Mages, that's about it. Ancestor's Wrath is useful early in the game, before I make it up to the Scorched Cape for Flame Cloak. Fire Resistance isn't rare, and I mostly just use it for not having to avoid my own Blast Damage. Also helps if you become a Vampire, which I never do. (They suck, and have been done to death.)
3) Redguard: In my top 3, because they have my favorite power, and a good starting skillset. Lack Armor, though, and Poison Resistance is almost inconsequential.
2) Breton: My favorite from Morrowind, and still a close second, but I've abused Dragonskin to the point that it's no longer fun. Still the fastest track to the Magic Resistance cap, but lack any weapon/armor skills. I make up for the last point with Bound Weapons which do enough on their own to compensate for a lack of skill.
1) Altmer: The fastest running speed, and the only stat boost in the game. Also got a head start on Pure Mage, but their mobility also makes them extremely effective Archers. The Daily Power is less OP because you have to stop casting to catch up, which I actually like better. In short (Ironically enough) they're not overpowered, but all your bonuses make it a lot easier to build anything. Even Heavy Tanked, they won't be as slow as a Breton in the same kit, but Unencumbered, you spend a lot less time running from objective to objective. Also, they can pull a Hitman Ploy in the Embassy.

nacman99

10.reguard
9.argonian
8.nord
7.imperiaal
6.aldmer
5.kajiit
4.orc
3.bosmer
2.dunmer
1.breton

from top to butom

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
1. Brenton, brenton is always my favorite race. the magic resistance is great and I like the sort of half-elf kinda theme (for those of you who dont know Brenton are decended from high elves and the native humans of high rock, the elves decided to mate with the humans to make their blood stronger)
2. Dunmer
3. Imperial
4. Kajiit
5. Bosmer
6. Redguard
7. Altmer
8. Argonian
9. Nord
10. Orc

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
1. Imperial
2. Breton
3. Altmer
4. Nord
5. Dunmer
6. Redguard
7. Khajiit
8. Bosmer
9. Argonian
10. Orc

I just can't get into the beast races at all. And I always forget Bosmer even exist.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
1.Breton (Manmer)
2.Dark Elves (Dunmer)
3.Wood Elves (Bosmer)
4.Orcs (Orismer)
5.Nord

I've never played as any of the others but I think Imperial and Kahjiit would round up the end, Imperials are boring and too many people play as Kahjiit. XD

1. Argonian
2. Dunmer
3. Redguard
4. Khajit
5. Imperial
6. Orc
7. Breton
8. High Elf
9. Wood Elf
10. Nord

That being said I have played all but Nords and Wood Elves

osheao

in morrowind, i play- dark, imperials and whatever

in oblivion, i play- imperials and whatever

in skyrim, i play- nords, stormcloak gods and whatever.

skyrim is the first game in my gaming history that i play multiple characters relevantly. however, if oblivion and morrowind were done with skyrim graphics the difference would be negligible.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
1. Dunmer
2. Khajiit
3. Bosmer
4. Breton
5. Altmer
6. Orc
7. Redguard
8. Argonion
9. Imperial
10. Nord