• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

What did you do to them Joe..!

whistle_zpsda899bd0.gif

wheredidthegirlgiantsgo_zps7cab34d1.jpg

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I've always loved the basic Frostbite/Sparks/Flames spells, and was sad that they just weren't viable after a certain level. So, I just downloaded and tried out a mod from Steam workshop, which adds an expert-level equivalent of those spells.

I was going through a dungeon, when a bandit marauder spotted me and drew his warhammer. He charged me, ready to bash my face in...

You know what? FORCE LIGHTNING MOTHERFUDGER! He was reduced to ashes in a few seconds, on Expert difficulty. Soooo satisfying :D

JoeReese

I've always loved the basic Frostbite/Sparks/Flames spells, and was sad that they just weren't viable after a certain level. So, I just downloaded and tried out a mod from Steam workshop, which adds an expert-level equivalent of those spells.

I was going through a dungeon, when a bandit marauder spotted me and drew his warhammer. He charged me, ready to bash my face in...

You know what? FORCE LIGHTNING MOTHERFUDGER! He was reduced to ashes in a few seconds, on Expert difficulty. Soooo satisfying :D

I changed the flame spell sound to that of a fire-breathing dragon. So satisfying to raise my hands to a draugr and hear that 'rawrrrr' of flame.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
What's you favorite drinking/eating establishment? I'm partial to the Retching Netch, myself, even though it's not very Nordic. I'd enjoy Thirsk Mead Hall a lot more if they weren't so rude there. Not that it really matters, because I just take all the mead that I want and leave. If it's the mainland, it's the Drunken Huntsman. I've said it before but it bares repeating. If only there were an option to install a bar in my houses...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
What's you favorite drinking/eating establishment? I'm partial to the Retching Netch, myself, even though it's not very Nordic. I'd enjoy Thirsk Mead Hall a lot more if they weren't so rude there. Not that it really matters, because I just take all the mead that I want and leave. If it's the mainland, it's the Drunken Huntsman. I've said it before but it bares repeating. If only there were an option to install a bar in my houses...
Silverblood Inn for me (I can always get in a fight there) although the Winking Skeever can be pretty good too; and, I do install a bar in my homes - I just fill the kids rooms with all the wine, ale and mead I can find and roll around in all the bottles when I'm feeling it - sometimes I even open them and have a drink (it's not that I have kids, I just like having the extra chests :)).

PrisonerLizzie

I changed the flame spell sound to that of a fire-breathing dragon. So satisfying to raise my hands to a draugr and hear that 'rawrrrr' of flame.
It really stops being satisfying after the 10 minute mark.

zuko514

In oblivion we join the dark brotherhood when it is at its peak,while in skyrim we join when it is at end of its rope. wouldn't it be nice if next game we can go back to the very beginning? I wish the next elder scroll takes place before first era.Let the formation of the first empire be the main quest. Be the first person to hear the voice of the night mother, the first grey fox to steal the cowl,and the co founder of mages guild.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I meant to type Japanese earlier and instead typo'ed it "Papansee" and thought that sounded funny.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
BATS

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
suddenly I have the urge to watch "Fistful of Dollars" and that old western whistle sound-effect thingy is playing in my head

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Ever had a Skyrim dream? It's happened a time or two. One minute, it'll be like I'm playing the game, then I'm IN the game and it becomes real. It's real life, and yet the battle music still plays, and I don't question it. Frost trolls and bears are terrifying when it's YOU and it seems real!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Ever had a Skyrim dream? It's happened a time or two. One minute, it'll be like I'm playing the game, then I'm IN the game and it becomes real. It's real life, and yet the battle music still plays, and I don't question it. Frost trolls and bears are terrifying when it's YOU and it seems real!
I have a time or two. Not too surprising though since over 1200 hours of my life has been in the game. Besides, it's way cooler than dreaming you are at work. I always feel so totally cheated when that happens. Work gets enough of my day in reality, but at least I get paid for it there. In a dream, I get NOTHING DAMMIT.

Have you ever tried to do basic math in a dream? Once I remember trying to calculate a 20% tip on a restaurant tab that was $10 dollars. It was hilarious to me how completely impossible it was to figure out the answer of $2.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I do hate work dreams.. I have them all too often.

The other day I had this dream that will stay with me for awhile. You see, I was having insomnia... literally in bed for hours, eyes closed, can't fall asleep. Anyone have that?? Anyway, I'm lying there, it's about 3:30 in the morn, and my phone starts vibrating. I don't recognize the number, so I let it go to voice mail. I attempt to go back to sleep, but that's not likely. Then, the door bell rings. By now my inner alarms are going off, and I'm wide awake. I go to the door, and look through the little window that's in it, and I recognize my friend, who I figured could be the only person that would dare wake me at this hour. Upon opening the door however, I realize it's not my friend. He stood there in a western style long coat and hat. When I looked at his face, I knew I was probably dead. As this was processing, he raised his gun to my face and fired. As I was falling back, I thought to myself, "shouldn't I be in pain..? Why do I still have awareness..? Then I woke up abruptly.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I'm guessing you either can lucidly dream or could if you never really tried. The entire key being understanding clues that you are dreaming and thus you can control what happens. The fact you can remember specific details of the dream after waking is somewhat unique. If you ever do dream logs you will find easily recognizable patterns that if you notice them in dream state will make it obvious you are dreaming and thus the control step becomes pretty simple.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Yes, I have become lucid in dreams, though not often. My attempt to increase their frequency with methods like the one you mentioned led mainly to frustration. But the highest high on can obtain while dreaming, is flight. As in Superman style flying. It's actually a bit difficult to maintain altitude, but if you succeed even for a short time, you'll find yourself longing for the experience every night. The exhilaration of soaring hundreds of feet in the air unaided is not a feeling that humans have evolved to experience. ..Or is it? I haven't flown in awhile, but strangely, I guess I'd forgotten about it til writing this.

One time I came to lucidity in a dream, and thought of a certain friend with which I'd discussed the topic at length. So, in the dream, I pulled out my cell phone to call this person and tell him that I was having a lucid dream. As if I could actually get a hold of him in reality! But the cell phone turned out to be useless. So I tried flying, and did ok, yet quickly awoke from the effort of concentration.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Yes, I have become lucid in dreams, though not often. My attempt to increase their frequency with methods like the one you mentioned led mainly to frustration. But the highest high on can obtain while dreaming, is flight. As in Superman style flying. It's actually a bit difficult to maintain altitude, but if you succeed even for a short time, you'll find yourself longing for the experience every night. The exhilaration of soaring hundreds of feet in the air unaided is not a feeling that humans have evolved to experience. ..Or is it? I haven't flown in awhile, but strangely, I guess I'd forgotten about it til writing this.

One time I came to lucidity in a dream, and thought of a certain friend with which I'd discussed the topic at length. So, in the dream, I pulled out my cell phone to call this person and tell him that I was having a lucid dream. As if I could actually get a hold of him in reality! But the cell phone turned out to be useless. So I tried flying, and did ok, yet quickly awoke from the effort of concentration.
Yeah flight is indeed something pretty amazing. I can do it, but it is pretty rare.

My biggest challenge in the whole lucid thing is that I am seemingly naturally pretty bad at dream recall. I got better at it with practice, but still not all that superb at it. It kinda comes and goes. I think it is typically a matter of more stressful times making it a bit more difficult to focus the mind as well as I can other times when my life is a little less chaotic.

Daelon DuLac

Don't y'all like the random nature of dreams? I had the other night about drag queens bombing me with water balloons filled with tequila from their own hot air balloon while I walked down Fifth Avenue in NYC. I like how bizarre some of my dreams are. Of course it helps that I recall almost every one in vivid detail.

I'm way too much of a control freek in my waking life. The last thing I need is to control my dreams too. :)

Daelon DuLac

I had a dream the other day that this huge pimple faced galoot was telling me he had once had a job posing for Playboy "before" images.
okay. I stand corrected. I do not have the weirdest dreams.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts