• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I was attacked by 2 goats once - I didn't know it, but apparently Spriggans can somehow turn passive animals (goats, foxes, elk, etc) hostile, and they will attack you. So, as I was trying to fight the stupid Spriggan, 2 nearby goats began to glow green and started attacking me.

I died. Killed by a Spriggan and its goat-minions. Not my proudest moment. Stupid goats.
Why do folks have so much trouble with Spriggans? I've been doing them in since level 4. Of course, I did discover that they're a little tough if you're doing a hack & slash. I say, stand back and fill 'em full o'lead! Oh wait, pincushion them, leads the wrong genre...

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Why do folks have so much trouble with Spriggans? I've been doing them in since level 4. Of course, I did discover that they're a little tough if you're doing a hack & slash. I say, stand back and fill 'em full o'lead! Oh wait, pincushion them, leads the wrong genre...

LOL I know, I know.... but it had evil, green-sparkly goat minions! Their little hooves were a blur of hatred!

::shudder::

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
Happy goat:

happygoat.jpg

I love the Falkreath goat. I wish I could take him home with me. Last time a dragon attacked, everyone else ran inside to hide (even the idiot guards disappeared) and he was the ONLY one who stayed behind to help.

...and when I say help, I mean he laid down in the street and looked at me like, "Wow...what are you going to do?"

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Happy goat:

View attachment 4797

I love the Falkreath goat. I wish I could take him home with me. Last time a dragon attacked, everyone else ran inside to hide (even the idiot guards disappeared) and he was the ONLY one who stayed behind to help.

...and when I say help, I mean he laid down in the street and looked at me like, "Wow...what are you going to do?"

That's awesome... I forgot all about the Falkreath goat!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I love the goats - especially Glenda - so sad I couldn't keep her as a follower. :)
It's Gleda but you can keep her as long as you don't finish the quest. She's essential for as long as the quest is open and she'll follow you wherever you go. She runs away during any battle but hey what do you want? She's just a goat! :)

600px-SR-creature-Gleda_the_Goat.jpg

My favorite goat though is the goat from the hilarious cancelled comic book series Quantum and Woody:

thegoat5.jpg

Wildroses

Well, if we're discussing goats in Skyrim, I have an excuse to link this comic:
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Skyrim-Gleda-the-Goatborn-312635852

I think the goat that follows the little boy in Dragonsreach is adorable.

I used to just ignore the goats in Skyrim, but then I got Hearthfire. I like building all the house furniture myself, and goat horns are ALWAYS one of the component I can't find enough of. The entire house will be finished except for the damn lanterns and chandeliers, and the general goods merchants don't have a high rate of having goat horns in stock. So now whenever I see a goat I'm all: "DIE! AND DROP HORNS!"

One time I saw one just outside of Windhelm, killed it with an arrow, walked over... and saw the bell around it's neck. I hurried off pretty quickly. I don't think anyone saw me do it, somehow.

And did you know the people of Falkreath love their goat as much as the people of Riverwood love their chickens? I once watched a friend go: "Cool! I'll get a new pelt!" then sat there laughing as the entire town took up arms to avenge their goat. He didn't try that again.

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

551395_3777891945237_804742400_n.jpg

932262-1331869532.jpg

Chadonraz

I wish I could have a goat at my homestead.
But then again, it'd probably get smashed by a giant within two days... :mad:

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
One time, I went to Falkreath to get wood for my Lakeview Manor, and I walked right into a vampire ambush. The goat runs up to the vampire lord and starts attacking him pretty viciously, but then dies. I was so shocked and saddened that I had to reload and try to save him. :sadface:

Bunnie

One time, I went to Falkreath to get wood for my Lakeview Manor, and I walked right into a vampire ambush. The goat runs up to the vampire lord and starts attacking him pretty viciously, but then dies. I was so shocked and saddened that I had to reload and try to save him. :sadface:
Aww. Sad.

Zokeyr

A non-factor
Goats will be able to defend themselves one day...

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Chadonraz

Every time that goat survives a dragon attack, I'm pretty amazed. But also happy, of course. :)
As far as I remember, I've never had him die. *knocks on wood*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts