Xbox 360 Random freezes, and area specific crashes.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'll bear that in mind. I wish that there were different structuring of save files. I've got two characters, one in the 1900 number of save (I do go back and save, but I tend to just create a new save file most of the time that I save) the new character is past that, in the 2000's, however when I clean up I have to remember exactly where my other character is so that I don't get rid of that too!

Does anyone else save like that, or do you have one or two saves that you go back over? Is there even an upper limit to how high saves can go?

I have a few thousand saves, but the key is to pull a bunch out of the normal saves directory and put them somewhere else that Skyrim doesn't look in order to back them up. I don't delete the saves (I'm too paranoid for that) and I've not heard of any upper limit. But I do have a separate backup directory completely outside the Skyrim install directory.

Woki1986

It's for this reason I wish that I had it on PC instead of xbox... well, that and being able to mod it as well...

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Also happens to me.

Adam Warlock

Understone Keep , Dragonreach , Dustman`s Cairn , Dark Brotherhood Santuary all freeze on a black loading screen for my lvl 81 character. Some outside sites refuse to load as well . Action freeze-ups I`ve learned to live with but quest buster total blanks are now the norm.
I`ve cleared my cache and reduced save files but no help there.
I have the 1.5 patch already , so is it a vain hope that 1.6 will fix this?
I`ve probably got 200+ hours of play on this character and I`d hate to toss it out now that I`m ready to call Ohdaving and join the Stormcloaks.

nomorepork

That was a left at Dragonbridge, right?
Same problem. Lvl 64 character; showed up first @ Helgen when I tried to revisit its Keep. Initially thought it might have been localized around Riverwood; tried Bleak Falls Barrow with same lockup result...freeze on black load screen with the level meter ghosted. Embarshard Mine as well, though White River Watch worked. Manual travel impossible anywhere in this area of the Skyrim map; have to fast travel everywhere. Then crashes occurred at sites near Solitude and Markarth; needed to get into Understone Keep to finish a long-ignored side mission but no joy as the game freezes upon entry attempt.

At first I thought it might have been related to me finally killing off Alduin since the freezing happened to show up quickly afterwards, but it turned out to be coincidence. Replayed a saved game just before going over to Skuldafn and Sovngarde to take on Alduin, but this time went a totally different direction. Within an hour or so the same freezing showed up on the load screens. Sucks; now I'll never get up to Lvl 80+ or make that first million in gold (625,000+ and counting, with a ton of loot still left to sell).

nomorepork

That was a left at Dragonbridge, right?
Woo-hoo...1.6 pushed and FIXED the freezing. Only problem I had after the push was that my character was STUCK in sneak mode from my last save file, and that Skyrim kept looking at content from bookcases from some or all of the homes I own before clearing up and working as it should, even though I'm outside out in the open.

Adam Warlock

Same here . Fix opened all the closed areas.
Even got my lost horse returned to me .
Thanks , Bethesda !

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts