Xbox 360 Random freezes, and area specific crashes.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MoulinRouge

Just recently I've had problems with my game freezing every time I explore random areas outdoors, and for some reason I can't enter The Dawnstar Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary or the re-enter the Katariah because it keeps crashing right at the loading screen. I tried clearing my cache and uninstalling the game but it doesn't work. Are there any fixes to these issues? I'm on the Xbox by the way.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I added the xbox prefix to your post so hopefully someone with that console can give you specific ideas.

Are you on the latest patch?

wakka

damn nature you scary
have you got crap loads of saved files ?

MoulinRouge

I did but then I deleted a lot of them. It worked for a little bit but then the crashes started again. And they're started to spread cause now I can't re-enter Silverdrift Lair either.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I can't exit Riften via the door by the blacksmith, can't enter the Temple of the Divines without system freezes, and Vex doesn't recognize that I have all 24 Stones of Barenziah. All that restricts me from progressing through some story lines. So I definitely feel your pain and frustration, Moulin. :mad:

wakka

damn nature you scary
been looking on google, loads of people have this same problem. i cant find a cure :sadface: all that's being said is clear cache ( what you have already done) deleting game saves(also done) making sure that your xbox has plenty of space around the fan so it don,t over heat or just reloading a older save and seeing if the problem continues.

other then that i cant really help sorry :sadface:
hope you get it sorted tho

wakka

damn nature you scary
also make sure the disk is not damaged....

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Check if you have some ungodly amount of something in your inventory. LIke 20,000 keys.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Egads, I may have to try your trick, Rayven. I'm a pack rat, so yeah, I probably have 20,000 keys in my inventory cuz they weigh nothing! Drawer storage here I come. See? I'm still not truly getting rid of
them! :D

MoulinRouge

I checked the disk no scratches or red ring of death. And No I don't have ungodly amounts of anything in my inventory. Unless 62,000 gold counts?

Edit: Wait I do have a lot of keys lol.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, it's sort of funny, but not when it lags your game. Somehow, a few of the keys magically replicate and you can have 20-30,000 of them. I know getting rid of those can certainly help freezes and lag. And people generally don't notice due to their lack of weight.

As far as the gold, that shouldn't be an issue.

MoulinRouge

Oh well I don't have 20,000 copies of them. I just tend to keep the keys just in case I ever need them again. Still I'll try storing the keys I don't need.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
If it's just one of regular keys, it won't matter. It's that crazy duplication that matters. Just check each item in your inventory to make sure you don't have a gigantic stack of anything. I've seen this error more with the console folks than PC folks which is why I mentioned it.

Brianthelionz

My game keeps freezing on load screen
I'm on Xbox also and I'm running the up to date version
Hopefully there's a patch for it soon

Woki1986

Mine has been crashing a little randomly. Usually it locks up at the most inopportune time (because is there ever a good time?)
Just did Friends Like These and there was a dragon right outside, I got it down to half health then the game locked up, lovely.
I played for a good 10 hours yesterday (yes, I am ashamed, really. I am. It was my day off yesterday so I'll be damned if I'm not going to enjoy it...) and it didn't have any trouble at all.

Woki1986

I'll bear that in mind. I wish that there were different structuring of save files. I've got two characters, one in the 1900 number of save (I do go back and save, but I tend to just create a new save file most of the time that I save) the new character is past that, in the 2000's, however when I clean up I have to remember exactly where my other character is so that I don't get rid of that too!

Does anyone else save like that, or do you have one or two saves that you go back over? Is there even an upper limit to how high saves can go?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts