Xbox 360 Random deaths in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tokishone

I'm really really confused atm.
animesweat.gif

There have been random dead bodies popping up in Dawnstar every time I've been there and they all seemed to be washing up on shore until I noticed the Dawnstar blacksmith and his wife(?) lying dead on the shore too (which was actually kind of sad because he was my favorite blacksmith
sad13.gif
). So I'm confused because I've only experienced a dragon attack there once and the black smith didn't die during it... so idk what's going on. Any ideas?
confused1.gif

thanks!
happy1.gif

ChevyGirl

Breton Assassin Lv 35
Hmmm..I've come into a village and seen a stray bear that had wandered in attack a bunch of people and kill them. That's the only thing I can think of..
It could be another one of those weird glitches too.. Hope you find your answer !

Tom

Article Writer
i have never heard of a Glitch like this. The only thing i could think of is if you re load a previous save and hope they are alive then. its possible as ChevyGirl said that a random animal made it in and killed them.

its a pain when this happens, I am looking and talking to other people that i know who play Skyrim a lot to see if we can find an answer. i will get back to you if i find anything.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Could be a random animal on a slaughter spree. I've had Winterhold get eliminated because of a bear.

Tokishone

i have never heard of a Glitch like this. The only thing i could think of is if you re load a previous save and hope they are alive then. its possible as ChevyGirl said that a random animal made it in and killed them.

its a pain when this happens, I am looking and talking to other people that i know who play Skyrim a lot to see if we can find an answer. i will get back to you if i find anything.
Thanks ^.^ I didn't think it was possible for NPC's to die when you aren't in town

Dovahlink69

Not the Dragonborn - A very naughty boy!
Probably a Dragon attack.
Every bloody time I go to Dawnstar there's a Dragon.

JOKE POST! NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!
One time, in Dawnstar, I fast traveled there and discovered that literally everyone in the village was standing around a dragon skeleton. My first thought was to make a funny demotivational. I used my Level 3 Unrelenting Force Shout and they all went flying down the hill. I was then arrested when the entire town guard got back to their feet. After I was released, everyone was back outside, staring at the dragon corpse. Even funnier, an elderly woman was lying dead at the bottom of the hill, an effect of my Shout and being crushed by the other townsfolk.
It's not that funny, but it IS true. I mean, there was NO better opportunity in the game to use that Shout.

Vspin101

It has to be a glitch, the same thing happened to me in Riften. It was for my wedding and my game glitched out and no matter what time i arrived i missed the wedding and while everyone was leaving and saying some nasty words a random, naked bosmer corpse just appeared and fell on the floor...

KITTEH

Khajiit
Maybe they're like Brynjolf who after I failed to plant the ring just sits in his booth all day saying "gather round" or "plenty of room" any answers?

Tom

Article Writer
Maybe they're like Brynjolf who after I failed to plant the ring just sits in his booth all day saying "gather round" or "plenty of room" any answers?

how did you fail to plant the ring? get caught, leave town, try at night? more info and might be able to help.

Tom

Article Writer
Tokishone,

i can not find any related bugs from other people who have experienced anything like you have. i have also spoken to my mates and they are saying the same as everyone else. as far as i am aware dragons only attack towns when it is a scripted event or if you pull one close enough.

If it was me in you position i would reload a previous save and go from there, it is a pain when this happens but you need to think is it worth it just for a blacksmith. I will keep looking to see if there are any other solutions to this one, but at the moment it doesn't look like there is.

KITTEH,

"The distraction will go on for quite some time, and if you don't plant the ring on Brand-Shei before Brynjolf finishes, the group will sit in silence sometimes until you do. The quest will fail after some amount of time, however. Leaving Riften and going to the stables once and returning may still have the distraction running, but after leaving a second time the quest may end in failure. If this occurs, Brynjolf will express disappointment, as noted above, saying that he could not keep up that distraction for too long but the quest line will still be available."

is sounds like he is still distracting the people, so as this quote says leave Riften twice, even for a while then go back and speak to him. let me know how you get on.

Nightcrystal

I play on the PS3 in one of my game files I had to go afk in Belethor's shop. When I came back Sigurd was dead at my feet. Belethor took no notice of the naked dead body of his assistant in the fire pit. I really didn't care that he had died. Whiterun became even more peaceful without him chattering on about working for Belethor every time I happened to look in his general direction. It was very strange though, that I have to admit.

KITTEH

Khajiit
how did you fail to plant the ring? get caught, leave town, try at night? more info and might be able to help.

I picked the wrong lock, then when I opened the strongbox I wasn't hidden when I took the ring. When I tried to plant the ring it wouldn't let me and I was caught.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts