• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xChAoS-fReAk

I am restarting Skyrim and was wondering what race I should be.
I would like to train in archaray, smithing and conduration magic.
Sorry for the spelling mistakes doing this on iPod and haven't gotton use to the keyboardwsjadrldq

Shear

breton, for the higher magic skills and magic resistance. ench your armor with minus conjuration cost, then go bound bow + atronarchs/undead.

xChAoS-fReAk

Oh that dude from lord of the rings
Will this affect the main story line like when you infilltrate the high elf castle/party.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Your choice of race makes little to no difference to the storyline of the game. It might affect how a few characters react to you, very occasionally (go Khajiit if you want to be looked down on by every single human, for example) but for the most part it's a cosmetic and mechanics-based choice.

xChAoS-fReAk

So the only main difference between races is how npc look at you
Can the high elf be good at combat or the wood elf be good at magic

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Absolutely. Different races will have different starting bonuses to their skills, but it doesn't affect the speed at which you learn them or anything. You can have a high elf Barbarian, an orc Mage, whatever you want. The only difference is that you'll have an easier time for the first 10 levels or so if you pick a race with starting bonuses that match your intended playstyle.

The special racial abilities do come into play, too; some are more useful for certain players than others. The High Elf magicka regeneration thing, for example, probably isn't much use for a warrior but is great for a mage; vice-versa with the Redguard stamina regeneration thing.

Shear

I'd like to add though, that the beast races look odd when wearing some helmets since all closed helmets (ie. where you can't see your head except the eyes) are humanoid shaped. So better download hidden helmet mods for those. (I did)

Kieron

The Guru
Elves suck, you're a human and elves want to kill all humans so why be a part of them?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts