• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
So, what things are you obsessed with doing/collecting in Skyrim? Me, I have a burning desire to own books...I'll go through a lot of trouble to get my hands on a rare tome. I also have a great love of civilian clothes (i.e. plain dresses, tavern wench outfit, etc). Just curious what everyone enjoys trying to find or achieve...

Vinz

I collected about 70 books in my previous character. I guess I just liked filling up the book-shelves because I doubt I would have read more than 20 :p

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
Where to begin with the collection obsessions...

1. Books - Started down this road but was thwarted by limited bookshelf storage. (Can't just leave books on the ground, now can we?)

2. Bows, Swords, etc. - This is an ongoing obsession. My DB character is OBSESSED with bows. He wants one of every kind and will spend money he doesn't have to get them. He did start leaning in the direction of doing the same for swords, but thought better of it.

3. Dragon Priest masks - Colect em all!

4. Amulets - All divine amulets are a must have for a complete set!

5. Guard apparel - One of my characters fancied himself a Master of Disguise and started collecting all kinds of clothes and outfits, desiring most of all a full set of every holds guard armor, shield and helmet. All three characters were/are active in this quest, but the idea of having a wardrobe full of outfits has fallen by the wayside.

6. Let's not even start with the things that are MEANT to be collectables in Skyrim! LOL

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Hm... I like to have things in even numbers. Gold, arrows, potions, etc. I don't even like to wait/sleep/save unless the game time is even. No 203's, or 5:31's for me. It sorta interferes with my role playing. But I'm trying to ignore this little quirk of mine.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
On one character, my Mage, I horde every Ancient Nord Arrow I can find... think she has almost 3k of them now in her carrying inventory. Thankfully they weigh nothing! All other arrows I either sell or give to followers.

MyNameIsJon

Hm... I like to have things in even numbers. Gold, arrows, potions, etc. I don't even like to wait/sleep/save unless the game time is even. No 203's, or 5:31's for me. It sorta interferes with my role playing. But I'm trying to ignore this little quirk of mine.

That is more than just a little quirk, Uther. I find your behavior deeply disturbing.

Grogmar Ghrobash

'Tis better to be alone, then of bad company.
I'm obsessed with collecting books above all else. I have all my book shelves filled on one of my characters who lives in Markarth, all of my shelves filled in one that lives in Honeyside, and I'm now working on getting any books I may not have on those two characters, of which I have I already filled in the house of brazenhome.

I'm also obsessed with collecting daedric artifacts and rare armors that I may come across.

My longest-running character now has over 1500 ancient Nord weapons taken from Draugrs.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Silver Weapons, you can't make them but they are a bit of a rare find.

Oh yes. Usually after you've relieved the previous owner of said weapon/armor. More than likely, one of those Silver Hand dirtbags. That said, hopefully you're not in the fraternity of the dirty bags, of the silverish kind.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Oh yes. Usually after you've relieved the previous owner of said weapon/armor. More than likely, one of those Silver Hand dirtbags. That said, hopefully you're not in the fraternity of the dirty bags, of the silverish kind.
Not one of those dirtbags.

Friday is My Day!

When I'm looting dead bodies, I never take their armor (only their gloves, shoes, and helmets) unless I NEED it. I just find it a bit weird to be stripping dead people down..

dunklunk

Not one of those dirtbags.

Excellent! So a fellow Companion, perhaps? The fascination with silver intrigues me, if nothing else. Silver ingots are easy to come by. So is silver ore. A silver sword is always welcome when it comers to battling a werewolf, and hopefully, it's not yourself! :coffee:

Morgan

One time when I did the Mad King Pelagius quest I kept everything that was gatherable. EVERY SINGLE THING. Every cup, plate, piece of food, etc from the dream scene. Every bowl, tankard, goblet, candlestick, etc from the Pelagius wing. I dumped it all, piece by piece, out on the floor of Hjerim, got rid of everything that was already there, and spent three hours carefully laying everything out. My entire home was artifacts from the Mad King. It looked pretty good too. Pelagius had good taste in dinnerware.

The Fallen Hero

Master Assassin; Hybrid
Excellent! So a fellow Companion, perhaps? The fascination with silver intrigues me, if nothing else. Silver ingots are easy to come by. So is silver ore. A silver sword is always welcome when it comers to battling a werewolf, and hopefully, it's not yourself! :coffee:
Hello, fellow Companion! Silver is fascinating.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Fish! Although this is exclusive to my Khajiit. Cats love fish, after all, so I decided he would be absolutely obsessed with it. I've really gotten into it myself, too... I actually get excited when I spot salmon steak on someone's table and immediately try to figure out how to steal it without getting caught. I'm allowing him to eat any cooked fish he finds, but raw fish is strictly for collecting. I think he's carrying around something like 150 pieces of salmon meat at the moment, and that's without catching fish himself, since he's a pacifist and doesn't kill anything. Also, fish. Because I feel like I haven't said it quite enough times.

dunklunk

Yes. Yes, it is. We must hunt one night. The two of us. You and me. Nobody else.

Shall we go after, y'know, venison or something more substantial? Like, um, a wooly mammoth? Awesome steaks from what I've heard. Do you have your carving knife? ;)