Questions No-one Bothers to Ask

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Why would anyone call their kid "Malborn"? That's pretty much the same as "malfunction" if you ask me.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Why do guards always ask about stolen sweetrolls?
Psychologists call it "projection." It's quite likely that these guards' are traumatized by the theft of their own sweetrolls and they deal with it by accusing others of being upset about their own sweetrolls being stolen.
Granted, when my character was ten, some bigger kids beat him up and took his sweetroll, so he's more concerned with how the guards know about it (and why they insist on reminding him).

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Psychologists call it "projection." It's quite likely that these guards' are traumatized by the theft of their own sweetrolls and they deal with it by accusing others of being upset about their own sweetrolls being stolen.
Granted, when my character was ten, some bigger kids beat him up and took his sweetroll, so he's more concerned with how the guards know about it (and why they insist on reminding him).
Lol i read that comic!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Why would anyone call their kid "Malborn"? That's pretty much the same as "malfunction" if you ask me.

The name Malborn is an alias - he chose it for himself in order to conceal his identity from the Thalmor. After his family was killed in Valenwood, he no doubt felt as though he had been mal-born. Behold, the contract of the guy who was sent to assassinate him.

J'datharr's Note said:
Description of Target:
Bosmer male, goes by Malborn. Believed to be working for the Blades, so approach with caution.
He has inside knowledge of our procedures, so he will be warier than usual. Malborn is not his real name - he's now been identified as a survivor of a family of traitors who were all believed to have died in a fire in Falinesti.
Do not risk him evading us. He's likely trying to leave Skyrim. Make sure of your kill, and do not implicate us.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
@ Templar of Talos - love your signature pic...but how exactly do you wear their pointy ears? Sew them onto your clothes? String them together and wear them as a belt (like Kali's girdle of human hands)?

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Perhaps so, Paulette. But if she's got the coin, she's pretty much welcome anywhere. Money talks and all that. ;) As for giants, no need to tame them as they are already our friends. This is what happens when you assist them in slaying a dragon. Maybe. "And how would Mr. Giant like his dragon steak prepared? Medium-well, you say? Can do." :)

Meh. Fair enough. But the problem is. Giants seem to hate me. I had to rescue this Goat from some Giant and. I dont think I wanted me take it away. I dont really remember Giants being friendly when you walk up really close to them. But I DO remember them hating me getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
But I DO remember them hating me getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda.

I took the easy way out on Ysolda's quest. I raided Halted Stream Camp. Easier to kill a few bandits than an angry mammoth and his owner. I've never been able to get to close to the giants (when I'm not trying to kill them) without going into orbit...

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Meh. Fair enough. But the problem is. Giants seem to hate me. I had to rescue this Goat from some Giant and. I dont think I wanted me take it away. I dont really remember Giants being friendly when you walk up really close to them. But I DO remember them hating me getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda.

Well, I don't do too well with them either. I usually go in to steal their mammoth cheese , then run like hell. I just thought it would be cool to ride them into battle. I mean, we have Dragon Call but no Giant Call?! How messed up is that? :) And you know what? I'd attack you, too, for trying to steal my goat. Gotta side with the giants on that one, Paulette. :D

Also, here's my new theory on that homeless woman in Windhelm. She is the true heir to the throne, not Ulfric that rat bastard. She's his older sister, thus being next in line for the throne. But Ulfric has kept her down in the gutter for so long and outta the public eye, that everyone can't help but think of her as a beggar, not Ulfric's sibling. He probably paid the whole city off not to rent or sell her any property, too. ;)

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Well, I don't do too well with them either. I usually go in to steal their mammoth cheese , then run like hell. I just thought it would be cool to ride them into battle. I mean, we have Dragon Call but no Giant Call?! How messed up is that? :) And you know what? I'd attack you, too, for trying to steal my goat. Gotta side with the giants on that one, Paulette. :D

I wasnt actually stealing his goat though.
[/spoiler] The DAEDRIC quest where you meet Sam and do the drinking contest and you go all over skyrim doing junk. Yeah. I didnt feel like wasting 2,000 g on some goat.

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
I took the easy way out on Ysolda's quest. I raided Halted Stream Camp. Easier to kill a few bandits than an angry mammoth and his owner. I've never been able to get to close to the giants (when I'm not trying to kill them) without going into orbit...

I could've just bought it anyways.. But. I still wanted to eat Mammoth for dinner :U