Question: Am I A Cannibal?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Their is a awesome mod called Hunterborn and apparently it has the option to allow to eat Dragon meat.
If I ate Dragon meat would that mean I am a cannibal because the dragonborn is a warrior with the body of a mortal but with the soul of a dragon plus they have dragonblood.

And would it creep out Odahviing and Paarthurnaax?

Chadonraz

I'd say no and no.

You already eat dragon souls; why would meat be any worse. If anything, IMO it's the other way around.
As for cannibalism, I find it a bit of a stretch. I mean, would a werewolf eating wolf meat be considered a cannibal? I wouldn't say so. :)

jarif

I'd say no and no.

You already eat dragon souls; why would meat be any worse. If anything, IMO it's the other way around.
As for cannibalism, I find it a bit of a stretch. I mean, would a werewolf eating wolf meat be considered a cannibal? I wouldn't say so. :)

Well in roleplay, I don't eat organs and such, I just drink blood. Would eating dragon meat creep out my fellow Dovahs?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I'd say no and no.

Well in roleplay, I don't eat organs and such, I just drink blood. Would eating dragon meat creep out my fellow Dovahs?
Probably, but why would you want to eat a dragon? Talk about old and gamey meat. Yuck.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Least when you kill a Dragon it goes on fire, BBQ's itself.

Madew

I'd say no and no.

I wouldn't say you eat dragon souls, you absorb them. Kind of reminds me of Highlander after they behead someone and their power gets absorbed into the Highlander. But yeah, I'd say no to be a cannibal, because you're technically a human right? Or whatever type of character you chose.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Their is a awesome mod called Hunterborn and apparently it has the option to allow to eat Dragon meat.
If I ate Dragon meat would that mean I am a cannibal because the dragonborn is a warrior with the body of a mortal but with the soul of a dragon plus they have dragonblood.

Ooooooooooohhhh... I'd cut Paarthy into steaks and make travel jerky out of his tail. Paarthy is pretty much a wimp so I imagine his cutlets would be tender and juicy. Like a big, plump turkey sitting on a mountain. I could get behind a mod like that. Me and the Blades would be eatin' good for months. I imagine using the Shout he taught me to put a nice sear on him before I slow cook him. Sounds like a party.

More on topic, it's only cannibalism if you are eating someone/something of the same species. Correct?

jarif

Ooooooooooohhhh... I'd cut Paarthy into steaks and make travel jerky out of his tail. Paarthy is pretty much a wimp so I imagine his cutlets would be tender and juicy. Like a big, plump turkey sitting on a mountain. I could get behind a mod like that. Me and the Blades would be eatin' good for months. I imagine using the Shout he taught me to put a nice sear on him before I slow cook him. Sounds like a party.

More on topic, it's only cannibalism if you are eating someone/something of the same species. Correct?

You could argue a Dragonborn is a dragon.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

I've never read anything indicating that the Dragonborn had actual dragon blood. As far as I know, the Dragonborn has the soul of a dragon and nothing more. If you know of some lore that speaks of the Dragonborn having actual dragon blood, I'd be very interested in the link.

If he has dragon blood, then I'd say yea, that could be viewed as cannibalism. But if not and he just has the soul of a dragon then definitely not imo. Cannibalism is all about flesh and bones and has nothing to do with devouring the soul... which the Dragonborn happens to do on a regular basis anyway come to think of it. So we are already performing spiritual cannibalism anyway, may as well enjoy a good meal too. :)

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Yeah, but... would the meat even taste good? There's a reason that people in the past haven't eaten dragon meat, and it's probably one of three: 1) They're just too afraid to touch it. 2) The meat tastes horrible. 3) The meat is poisonous.

But to answer your question. No, I wouldn't consider it cannibalism, but I wouldn't eat it either.

jarif

I've never read anything indicating that the Dragonborn had actual dragon blood. As far as I know, the Dragonborn has the soul of a dragon and nothing more. If you know of some lore that speaks of the Dragonborn having actual dragon blood, I'd be very interested in the link.

If he has dragon blood, then I'd say yea, that could be viewed as cannibalism. But if not and he just has the soul of a dragon then definitely not imo. Cannibalism is all about flesh and bones and has nothing to do with devouring the soul... which the Dragonborn happens to do on a regular basis anyway come to think of it. So we are already performing spiritual cannibalism anyway, may as well enjoy a good meal too. :)

Paarthurnaax and Arngeir mentions he Dragonborn has the Dovah blood other he said he wouldn't have learned shouts so easily and the urge or will to dominate others

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts