• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
My brother recently decided to start a new file on his ps3. He was playing for a few hours, then decided to go back to his original he had spent 100+ hours on, aaaand it had vanished. Poof. Gone. I've been searching on the internet, and found saving over the initial auto save titled prisoner nord lv1 causes this.

Now my question is how to fix this, help please?

Nakatsu_Hime

When you elect to do a manual save, the system will write over the same save that the current play session was initiated from.
However, you say he 'started a new file/game'. In this case, a save-game operation should not touch any old savefiles from a different session. Autosaves are saved as different files to a manually initiated save operation.
It sounds as if your brother's previous game data depended on an isolated autosave, and this may be the root of the problem.

However, if the old file no longer appears on the HDD, then it's gone I'm afraid, unless there's a backup on a USB stick or PS Plus.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts