• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The point of Hearthfire is to obviously to build a home. I just started a new character, and I don't have the 820,000 septims I had on my old account. Just so I can get to work ASAP on building my home, what items, and how much gold do you think I'll need to build a home suitable for myself, Ysolda, and two adopted kids?

I saw in the trailor that it takes iron to make the door locks, but other than that, what should I start collecting?

Thanks for the help guys and gals :)

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Firewood and steel seem like good things to start looting.

Firewood and steel seem like good things to start looting.

Yeah, I made a bunch of gold bars too. I was wondering if the big wood mills would serve more of a purpose now that houses are being made? Rather than just the little firewood chopping blocks?

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Maybe, but how would you carry half-logs?

Maybe, but how would you carry half-logs?

The same way my character carries six sets of steel armor in his pockets when I'm looking a dungeon? Lol, I really have no idea, maybe you can only build homes by the places with mills and the logs just sorta show up? We will see. I'm stoked either way!

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I'm definitely thinking steel and iron ingots, as well as wood. If they have different styles of houses you can choose from, obviously the other types of ingots could come in handy. I wish we could get a bit more of a heads up on things like this before the release so we can at least start prepping if we're bored as plops.

Most likely there will be leaks a few days before Hearthfire officially comes out. So we'll most likely know what we will need to collect. However that may ruin the fun in finding things to collect to build our house.

And when I think of it, what stores sell 400 Microsoft Point cards? I would buy it using my parent's credit card number but they probably wouldn't let me. And then I don't want to buy a 1600 point card. I would just be too tempted to spend in on something stupid in xbox live arcade.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I'm definitely thinking steel and iron ingots, as well as wood. If they have different styles of houses you can choose from, obviously the other types of ingots could come in handy. I wish we could get a bit more of a heads up on things like this before the release so we can at least start prepping if we're bored as pl***.
^It's probably to keep us from completing everything on the day of release and then flood their forums demanding more DLC.

M'aiq

M'aiq The Liar
M'aiq feels that you should collect all that you can....Of Everything.

M'aiq

M'aiq The Liar
Yes. My Dear friend....It is.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Being a PC player, I gotta wait another month before it becomes available, so I think I'll probably spend some time mining and saving up gold until then. Would be a good time to raid all those mines I've come across.

Clau

The Fateless One
For my part, I can't imagine on how I can make the most of Hearthfire. Possibilities and a whole of them are crossing my thoughts. One such thing is the aspect of a semi farm life with Hearthfire. Reminds me of the days where I got hooked with Harvestmoon and Farmville.

KC95

Its great that the DLC was announced within days of its release. I'll probably make my family-man Orc tonight. I'm excited, I've never made an orc before and this DLC sounds like it would be perfect for one. A sweetheart deep down, but he'll cut you in two if you give him a dirty look.