• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grelod The Kind

My personal standpoint on the matter is that being Dragonborn is a genetic mutation passed down throughout families. Meaning that the Dragonborn in Skyrim is a descendant of the Septims. Maybe Martin had a child or two of his own in secret?

Anyways, the family tree split could've happened at any point in history. Doesn't have to be from just Martin. So, there's probably other D-borns running around Tamriel, they just don't know it since unless your family is predominantly Nordic, they're not even IN Skyrim, and if they are, they've probably never encountered a dragon/been close enough to absorb its soul.

^This isn't sourced by any lore, just my opinion.

KC95

Just came up with a new character today in celebration of Dawnguard. Im going to wait a little before I join it, become established in Skyrim first. This is my first truly evil character, I wish I could RP as a Thalmor agent but since I can't Ill stick to being a bitchy High Elf that sees humans as lower than dirt and sole purpose in Skyrim is to cause pain. But this is how I plan to build her...

Name: Nirdania
Race: High Elf
Class: Mage
Major Skills: Conjuration, Restoration, Illusion
Minor Skills: Sneak
Factions: Winterhold, Vampire faction (don't know the name yet), Stormcloak (sleeper agent, believes a divided Empire will be easier to defeat than a united one).
Level: 5
What are they up to? Building up her skills. Staying in Riften, go out at night to kill wandering humans and animals.
Backstory: Born into priviledge in the Summerset Isles but beyond bored with her life, escaped to Cyrodil with a large sum of money. Her sheltered/homogenous upbringing caused her to hate humans. Upon hearing of a rebellion in Skyrim moved there, in hopes of worsening the situation that will eventually lead to total Dominion domination.
Appearance: Tall, white hair, complete black eyes, thin face. No dirt or tattoos.

I really hope this character pans out. Might change some of my skills. I've never done a pure mage before. Also, quick Q, is it possible to kill Ulfric after you free Skyrim from the Empire?

Claymore152

Name: Rimrock
Race: Breton
'Class' or Class Description: Witch-hunter
Relative Date of Creation: idk bout 2 months ago maybe
Major Skills: Archery, Conjuration, light armor
Level: 23
Factions: Dark brother hood, thieves guild, storm cloaks
What are they up to? Finishing the dark brotherhood quest line
Alliance:

Name: Hazid Ironstar
Race: Nord
'Class' or Class Description: Barbarian
Relative Date of Creation: Bout 4 weeks ago
Major Skills: Two handed, light armor, restoration
Level: 15
Factions: Companions, stormcloaks, blades
What are they up to? Side questing and trying to level up
Alliance:

GxMxG

Will-Bender
Name: Vahliar Krissvk
Race: Dunmer
Class: Rogue Thief
Date of Creation: June 27
Major Skills: Illusion, Sneak
Minor Skills: One-handed, Speech, Smithing, Enchanting
Level: 28
Factions: Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Vampires
Currently: Returning the Skeleton Key to its rightful place, Restoring the TG influence in Skyrim
Alliance: None--Cares for no one but himself and a select few
Dislikes: Being Poor, Dwarven Ruins

Back story: Vahliar grew up in Morrowind and was born into poverty. At the age of 14, he was forced to go to school and study the art of magic-particularly destruction-as was the custom of the village he lived in. While studying, two events occurred that impacted him for life. One, he became smitten with a young girl named Ryvna. While attempting to court her, she abruptly refused commenting on how his lack of wealth was utterly disgusting. Two, he uncovered a tome that talked about a wizard who was able to manipulate the minds of people. Instantly, he became obsessed with subject and set out to find more. Upon asking his teachers, they exiled him from the village for the study of illusion was one of the two forbidden paths of magic. Despite his young age at the time (15) Vahliar was forced to live alone. His parents could not afford to lose the jobs they had for the sake of moving somewhere else. Thus, Vahliar set out to find the wizard which the tome talked about-Drevis Neloren. To help support himself, he took up many small jobs but eventually he settled as an apprentice to a smith. At the age of 19, he left Morrowind in pursuit of locating Drevis. While crossing over to Skyrim, he was attack by a group of bandits. They stole all his gold that he made while smithing and placed skooma on him. Having no money, and being poor for the second time in his life, he decided to take to thievery. On one particular heist, he met a man named Barv who was also attempting to rob the same house he was. They decided to work together and split the profit. Ironically, instead of betraying one another, they became the best of friends. For 3 years, they lives a lavish lifestyle in until one day an assasin made an attempt at Barv's life. Upon his return from a heist, Vahliar came home to discover a fatally wounded Barv lying on the floor. On his deathbed, Barv confined in Vahliar and told him that his secret to such success as a thief was because he was a vampire. He explained that should Vahliar want power, he should seek out Barv's family in Castle Volkihar. At the very least, he requested Vahliar to inform them of his death. At that moment, Imperial guard came through the door and arrested Vahliar for murder. Unable to prove himself innocent, he was sentenced to serve in jail for life. Because of a shortage of jail cells, it was decided that after 4 years that he would be sent to Helgen to be executed.

Other Details:
  • Cannot hold his own in a battle, prefers to fight one-on-one
  • Will do anything as long as there is coin to be made
  • Prefers to stick to the shadows, the less people that know about him, the better
  • Has a slick tongue, should be dealt with caution when bartering with
* I chose to play as this character because on my previous characters I had neglected to do the Thieve's Guild quests. Also, playing as an overpowered archer that could one shot Mammoths and Giants became boring. :sadface: So I decided to make a character that would have an unusual approach to combat. So looked into Illusion and the rest just fell into place :D

** Current Perks
Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Nick_Tbolt

Name: Nickolai
Race: Redguard
'Class' or Class Description: Combat Officer
Relative Date of Creation: this is the character I created. So on release day
Major Skills: One Handed. Heavy Armor. Smithing
Level: 81
Factions: Harbinger of the Companions. Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. Thieves guild Master. Thames of Whiterun, Solitude, Markath, Riften.
Alliance: This Officer seems to side with the Imperials, he doesn't like how Ulfric almost tore the country in two to become High King. My true alliance Sides with Warmaidens, they have given me about 300,000 Septims when I come to sell my gems I find in chests

Redguard level 81 - Dual Enchanted Dragonbone Axes - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Cool Hand Luke

I kind of got carried away with the back story part, but oh well.

Name: Cool Hand Luke

Race: High Elf

Class: Master Assassin/Unholy Paladin

Major Skills: Archery/Sneak/Pickpocket/One Handed

Level: 71

Factions: Dark Brotherhood, Thieves’ Guild, Volkihar Vampire, College of Winterhold
What are they up to: Stalking the wilds, preying on the innocent, lawful and holy.

Alliance: Whoever is willing to pay.

Back story: Rysmond grew up a beggar on the streets of Riften and quickly became a skilful pickpocket. He would steal from guards and travellers to sell their belongings to the local merchants. One day, when he was close to man hood, a man from the Thieves’ Guild approached him, the man saw promise in Rysmond’s talent and took him under his wing. Over the next year, Rysmond learnt the other arts of thievery and that reputation is almost as important as the coin in your bag.

Although he prospered under this man from the Thieves’ Guild, Rysmond never felt truly satisfied. He left on good terms and began travelling the wild of Skyrim. Left to his own devices, he no longer stole from empty houses and the pockets of sleeping wonderers, instead, he would kill wealthy individuals and leave his signature mark: a gold coin, hammered into the victims forehead.

Two years had passed when Rysmond’s life changed forever. He was standing in Whiterun market, stalking his next victim, a poor man, but one who had slandered Rysmond’s name when he saw her. A girl, his age or thereabouts, was playing tag with a group of younger children. He instantly forgot the bald, fat man he had planned to kill and instead focused his energy on learning about this nord girl. Her name was Wyla, she liked lavenders, she liked her purple dress, but it was worn and ragged from over wearing, her mother had died and her father was drunk. Rysmond loved her.

She had known him three months before they had wed. She, like him, had fell in love at first sight. Her father’s complaints about high elves were quickly silenced by a gift of a generous amount. Rather than just getting married in the temple of Mara, Wyla wanted to go one step further. So, they had joined the priests’ ranks and lived together in love filled bliss. Rysmond had given up his previous, unlawful ways and lived happily in the temple for exactly seventeen days.

At the very end of this seventeenth day, a gang of guards threw open the temple doors. They pinned Rysmond down before he could fully wake, rifled through his belongings and retrieved something, he could not see what. A guard smashed the butt of his war hammer into Rysmond’s face and as he lay there, slipping into unconscious he heard Wyla, “Royce, have you got ‘im? Hurry up and take ‘im, the Jarl said I’ll have a title for this. Can you believe that?! Come and live with me in...” Her voice trailed off as Wyla and this ‘Royce’ walked away and Rysmond walked off into a dream world.

He woke up in the Riften jail. “Aaaaaah, you’re fffffinally up.” The voice was slow and a whisper.
“I know aaaaall about your betrayal, I do. And aaaaaas it happens, I’m going to help youuuuuuu”
“How?” Rysmond replied, suspecting of more foul play.
“With a giffffft. A gift thaaaat will bestow you with the abilities to take your vengeance” the stranger whispered, the sound of a guard’s footsteps came faintly to Rysmond’s ears. “Be quick in deciding if you want my help or not” the voice snapped.

“Ok. Ok, do it” he replied quickly. Small, almost skeletal hands slipped between the bars. Rysmond could see a multitude of scars that covered this thing’s arms. The hands came up to Rysmonds temples and he flinched away, the arms grew and the hands clasped his head. Red eyes shone through the blackness of the cell. “Feel the hatred” the voice said, it had grown deeper and inhuman, “Feel it coursing through you, do not fight it, do not reject it. Let it fill you up and take you beyond the limit. Do not let it control you, you will be worthless if you do.” A faint light began to creep into the corridor his cell was in and the beast that stood before him became visible. Rysmond saw the twisted being that stood before him, pale as moonlight, completely hairless, his arms covered with tough sinewy muscles that held unaccountable strength. Its teeth were razor sharp and its nose had been replaced by a gaping hole. The scars covered the rest of his body as well, “One for every false god I have slain, for you see, they are all false, the ones you call Daedric Princes have less than shadows of my power and the ‘Great’ Gods and Goddesses are less worthy than the dirt on my sole.” Its grip tightened, Rysmond could feel blood carving rivulets in the dirt on his face “You are to become my agent in this world.” The red eyes became Rysmond’s world, nothing existed but them and the voice, “You will not falter, you will not flee, you will not love. My powers will be given to you as you will give the blood of the innocent, the holy and the lawful to me. You will masquerade as one of those seraphic warriors, but you will be a servant to the true god. You will no longer be known as Rysmond, but you will be called ‘Cool Hand Luke’. You are free to take the vengeance you seek before...”

“What the hell?!” the guard had reached his cell. A third arm sprouted from the monster and pulled the man to him. A barrage of mouths and claws erupted from the creature to meet the man. It was over in seconds. “before I will have need of you again. I will construct many obstacles and challenges to test your worthiness. You will be taken to Helgen, where you will face a death penalty. Do not fear, you will not be harmed, I have set powers in motion that will affect your world greatly. Once I leave, I will not come to your aid and I will not contact you until I deem it necessary.” The hands receded from Cool Hand Luke’s head and the world went dark.
When he awoke, he was on a carriage. “Where are we going?” he asked.
“Helgen. And shut up” a guard replied. Cool Hand Luke closed his eyes, saw the face of his god and felt the anger roaring inside him.

Other Details: Wears the ‘Ancient Falmer’ armor with several enchantments and the ‘Aetherial Crown. Uses an upgraded Zephyr and an upgraded/enchanted ebony knife. Has short white hair, white eyes and the closest thing I could get to scars on the side of his face.

Preferred Combat Style: Single enemy: Pickpocket poison into their inventory and watch them die from the shadows. Multiple enemies: Stick to the edge and pick most of them off with the bow, then close in and take care of the leftovers with my knife, staying undetected.

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
Name: Kat
Race: Nord Werewolf
Class: (Custom) Master of thief skills, one-handed, light armor, archery, illusion, and speech
Factions: Dark brotherhood, Thieves Guild/nightingales, Dawn guard, Companions, Bards college, college of winter-hold, other small factions
Preferred armor: Full Set of enchanted dawnguard armor
Preferred Weapon: Bow: Crossbow/Nightingale bow Sword: Dawnbreaker Sword 2: Mace of Molag Bol

erti655

Name: Shadow
Race:khajiit
'Class' or Class Description: assasin
Relative Date of Creation:14 july 2011
Major Skills: (List the ones you use in combat + armor) 100 sneak(all perks) ,60 onehanded(armsman perk only) ,40 archery ( overdraw perk only)
Level (Estimate if you must): 27
Factions: dark brotherhood
What are they up to? going to falkreath and killing all the guards for fun
Alliance: neutral
Back story (Optional): im a cat that fluffs plops up
Other Details (Optional): i have ciceros gear , merzhunes razor (right hand), blade of woe ( left hand)
Picture (optional): tom from "tom and jerry"

Sohn07

Name: Seasia.
Race: Temptress (Mod).
'Class' or Class Description: Archer & Hunter.
Relative Date of Creation: 16/07/2012.
Major Skills: (List the ones you use in combat + armor): Bow & Light Armor.
Level (Estimate if you must): 12.
Factions: Imperial & Companion.
What are they up to? Hunting, Killing, Werewolfing.
Alliance: Imperial
Back story (Optional): Seasia was in the woods camping and hunting, when a giant black dragon flew just over her. She layed down and was quiet in her tent. Following that day she met a fellow hunter that told her about war near Helgen, she had to travel far to get there, but she just had to investigate it. When she arrived she entered a small cave, in there she found Hadvar and he was laying on the ground coughing. She gave him a healing potion, they both went out of the cave. Hadvar told her to go to his uncle and get some food and rest. After that she joined the Companions. Story continues so far.
Other Details (Optional): She is a werewolf. (If you haven't seen that in "What are they up to"). She is also the Harbinger of the Companions and she have found all the "Werewolf Totems".
Picture (optional):
2012-07-18_00002.jpg

VKitKat

Most Commonly known as The Dragonborn
Name: Tilianne Jade
'Class' or Class Description: Warrior
Relative Date of Creation: December 2nd
Major Skills: (List the ones you use in combat + armor) Dovahal (My sword, name meaning "Dragon Destroyer" because it gives extra damage to dragons and 20 shock damage to everyone else) Dwarven Shield
Level (Estimate if you must): I forgot... I think 40 or 30 something
Factions: everything
Alliance: I, personally am a lover of the stormcloaks, but I chose a different path on Tilianne to try something new
Back story (Optional): ---
Other Details (Optional): ---
Picture (optional): Cannot be provided, but I will upload one soon

Mcfrenzy96

To my mother and father, back on Summerset Isle, I was called Elistyree. You may know me by my other names. Dragonborn. Arch-Mage. Werewolf. Harbinger. Guildmaster. Listener. Thane of the Nine Holds. Holder of the Daedric Artifacts. I am all these names and more. I have slain hagravens and dragons and priests. I infiltrated the barge of the emperor and slit his throat in cold blood. I destroyed the Glenmoril Coven. Neither the ice of the north nor the forests of the south do I fear, for I am the Dark Queen.

Name: Elistyree/The Dark Queen
Race: Altmer
'Class' or Class Description: Mage/Thief/Assassin
Relative Date of Creation: Last month
Major Skills: Sneak, Destruction, One-Handed
Level (Estimate if you must): 43
Factions: I pledge my alliegiance to the Night Mother, The College and the Guild
What are they up to?: I have sworn to track down all Dragon Priests and rid the world of their taint
Alliance: Weren't you listening to 'Factions' above?
Back story (Optional): I was born in Summerset Isle and everyone knew I would become a gifted mage. After an accident with potion ingredients I fled the Isle before I could be caught and executed. It didn't help though, as whilst crossing the border into Skyrim I was caught alongside some of the 'Stormcloaks' you all fear. With my head on the block again my rage and torment welled up inside me. With skills such as mine, why should I be victimised. I resolved that should I live to see another day, I would never again be the prey. Thank Alduin for his interruption.
Other Details (Optional): Yes, my eyes are white, I was blinded as a child, but I see through my infirmity. Can you say the same? Yes, I have a scarred face. Do not mix Ice Wraith Teeth with the head of a Glenmoril Witch is all I can say.
Picture (optional): You disgust me!

J

Jeremius

i just cannot decide. my heavy armor character i usually use 2h weapons, and stormcloaks, but the empire has the heavy armor.

J

Jeremius

here is a new mage character
Name: Miriam
Race: Breton
'Class' or Class Description: Pyromancer with skill in 1h
Relative Date of Creation: so to be
Major Skills: (List the ones you use in combat + armor) fire destruction, flame atronach conjuration, 1h&Light armor after joining Dawnguard.
Level (Estimate if you must): none yet
Factions: CoWH, Dawnguard, no civil war
What are they up to?: studying and hunting down her former domestic partner, a female dunmer Shadow Knight
Alliance: does not care about Civil War, will kill anyone wanting to stop her terrible vengance
Back story (Optional): Miriam was born and raised in the Imperial City. Miriam was 18 when she met a young dunmer woman named Telvari Redoran. Telvari Redoran soon became Miriam's live-in lover. Telvari was a gladiator in the imperial City arena. Miriam volunteered there as a healer for the surviving fighters. Telvari soon left the arena to find her own way. When Miriam saw her again, Telvari bacame a vampire. They fought and Miriam drove her former lover away. Miriam Travels to Skyrim because she heard of the Volkihar Vampire clan and knew that was where Telvari would go. She is only attracted to other women.
Other Details (Optional): is sensitive when talking about Telvari, and often carries a knife the dunmer gave her. Scarred on one side of her face from the claw-like nails of her former Dunmer lover
Picture (optional):
miriam_at_college_by_jeremius310-d57yl6o.jpg

Dread Fall
15yo, Lvl19 Nord Assassin
Months ago, I think it was March.
Dark Brotherhood, Companions, Ex Thieves' Guild

Back story: Born in Helgen, she witnessed the return of Alduin, and coming of the Dragonborn firsthand. Fled to Riften, and joined the Thieve's Guild, but left after the Goldenglow Massacre due to a dispute over killing. Joined the Dark Brotherhood, and Companions, became a member of the Circle, and a Lycanthrope. BFFL with Jenassa, married the Dragonborn (Aka Dovak, for short) but secretly carries Sinding's child. (Conceived by the light of the Blood Moon, born a Werewolf.) She's not Dragonborn, cannot absorb Dragon Souls, nor learn shouts, (Except Dismay/Battle Cry.)

Other Details: DBH Contract: Elenwen {FanFic} - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Neoseeker Forums
Picture): Steam Community :: rrubright :: Screenshots

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
My first post on the forums! Here's my Dovahkiin!
Name: Archer
Race: Argonian'Class' or Class Description: Archer
Relative Date of Creation: About 1 year ago
Major Skills: Archery, Light Armor, Sneak, One-Handed
Level: ~48
Factions: The Companions, The College of Winterhold
Other Details: -Is born under the sign of the Shadow

-Isn't a Shadowscale assassin
-Is an arachnophobic
Picture: ArcherArgonianheadshot.jpg

Ibn al'Shisha

Thane of Cee-bus Hold
Name: Semirhage
Race: Redguard (F)
'Class' or Class Description: Food Processor
Relative Date of Creation: Feb 8, 2013 (after my Orc Berserker, Graz'zt, somehow got cursed into permanently being in a crouch, but not actually Sneaking and unable to pickpocket.)
Major Skills: One-Handed (Dual), Heavy Armor, Beast Form
Level (Estimate if you must): 15
Factions: Currently just Companions
What are they up to?: Various Whiterun sidequests at the moment
Alliance: none, yet
Back story (Optional): As a young lass, Semirhage was bitten by the bug of wanderlust. Fortunately, it turned out she had the combat prowess to survive the road and all it could throw at her, including, recently, Imperial executioners and a dragon! She thought she found a home in the Companions, but is uncertain how to feel about her new... condition... in the group. She has no real strong feeling for either side of the civil war yet, and is in no hurry to climb 7000 steps to answer the supposed summons of a bunch of old men. So, for the time being, she tracks down rumors of bandits and such-like from the good people of Whiterun and Riverwood, finds their lairs, and annihilates them with her new BFF, Uthgerd the Unbroken.
Picture (optional): Later.

(after my Orc Berserker, Graz'zt, somehow got cursed into permanently being in a crouch, but not actually Sneaking and unable to pickpocket.)
That's a Save Glitch, best not to save in Sneak Mode ever, or that may happen. The only way to fix it is to revert to an earlier save, or try reloading, over, and over to see if they come out of it.

BoT, Arachael, Dunmer Battlemage
RDoC: New today.
Skills: 2H, HA, Destruction
Level:20 (Planned)
Factions: Companions, CoWH, houses Redoran, and Telvanni.
What are they up to?: Dragonborn DLC
Alliance: Sellsword
Back story (Optional): "Another Refugee?" Gods really having turned their backs on her people, she makes her way to Windhelm, then Solsteim being as close to home as she can get. Mostly a tester for some of the new spells, she's going to end up Smithing (Steel) for Bonemold to match Otar for Elemental resistances, and use the Greatsword/Cloak combo with a little something something...

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Name: Nendir Dalamar
Race: Dark Elf
'Class' or Class Description: Rogue/Morag Tong-style assassin.
Relative Date of Creation: Last month.
Major Skills: Sneak, Light Armor, One-Handed, Archery, Alchemy.
Level (Estimate if you must): 32
Factions: Thieves Guild.
What are they up to?: Currently returning the Lexicon to Avachen-something.
Alliance: Neutral/apathetic.
Back story (Optional): Nendir was a member of Morrowind's government-protected assassination guild, the Morag Tong, until the eruption of Red Mountain ensued. He fled to neighboring Skyrim, but was captured due to a misunderstanding.
Other Details (Optional): Resides in Solitude.

Name: Freyja Snow-Sheath
'Class' or Class Description: Barbarian/Valkyrie hybrid.
Relative Date of Creation: Last week.
Major Skills: Two-Handed, Heavy Armor, Restoration, Block.
Level (Estimate if you must): 15
What are they up to?: About to climb to High Hrothgar.
Alliance: Stormcloak rebellion.
Factions: Companions (Harbinger)
Backstory: Freyja was born and raised in Falkreath, and considers herself a true Nord. She will fight for her country until the day she dies.
Other Details (Optional): Resides in Whiterun.

Name: Shaadi
Race: Redguard
'Class' or Class Description: Arcane warrior.
Relative Date of Creation: Today.
Major Skills: Alteration, Block, One-Handed, Destruction, Light Armor.
Level (Estimate if you must): 6
What are they up to?: Currently en-route to Jorrvaskr.
Alliance: Imperial Legion.
Factions: Companions, College of Winterhold (future).
Backstory: An avid explorer, Shaadi came to Skyrim due to his fascination with the lore pertaining to said province. He is passionate about his work, and loathes it when people stereotype him as being a bandit, sailor, or pirate, seeing as he is none of those.
Other Details (Optional): Will reside in Markarth.

Ibn al'Shisha

Thane of Cee-bus Hold
That's a Save Glitch, best not to save in Sneak Mode ever, or that may happen. The only way to fix it is to revert to an earlier save, or try reloading, over, and over to see if they come out of it.

Yeah. I have to be careful about that from now on, as I typically stay permanently in Sneak (build it up fast, even without Thief Stone) except when I need to talk to someone or run away from something (pesky mammoths). Even Semirhage, a "warrior" character, now at level 17, has like a 43 Sneak already. If you have patience, you can get up as high as you want in Sneak before ever getting to Riverwood - that Bear in the cave may not enjoy the experience, but it's pretty funny for the player (at least for the first half hour or so).