Possible new Skyrim DLC Called "Hearth Fire"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mathiark

Hardy Wood Elf
"Back in May publisher ZeniMax Media, parent company to The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim developer Bethesda, filed a trademark for the term “Hearth Fire” in very much a similar fashion to their trademarking of the term Dawnguard, and we all know how the latter turned out. Since then not much mention has been made in regards to post-Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim, although more expansions are in the works."

Here's link to full article

gamerant.com/skyrim-dlc-hearth-fire-tao-158062/

Any opinions on this?

This is some cool news, but speculation isn't all that great. For all we know, Hearth Fire is just trademarked for merchant use.

Honeyderp

Zenimax is not patent company to Bethesda. It is just making eso. Unless it has to do with eso it has nothing to do with skyrim. Sorry to be a party pooper.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Bethesda is part of ZeniMax Media Inc. ZeniMax Media Inc. lists the companies involved. However, if my addled brain recalls correctly, it would be the ZeniMax Online Studios arm of the corporation that would develop ESO leaving Bethesda to hopefully continue with the standalone games.

Sen5esFail

Its unlikely that "Hearthfire" is being trademarked just for merchant use. One article I read pointed out that "Hearthfire" as a term, has little significance in the in the elder scrolls series. Apart from it being a month in the game, it serves little other purpose. HOWEVER, that's not to say it couldn't be the title of some DLC, after all, its not like they couldn't give "Hearthfire" more meaning.

I feel like the sports analysts who speculate on the following year's NFL draft the day after the current year's. LOL Dawnguard just came out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts